New v Used Car

MichaelWeston

And this is why the Accord keeps popping up on my radar along with the Mazda 6 and the FRS\BRZ; it may not be the sexiest car around, but I'm always hearing stories about people getting 200-300,000 miles on them.

I had fully intended on keeping my truck for a full 10 years or longer (or at least until I paid off my student loan) but at 89,000 miles it is literally falling to pieces around me... :glare:

Yeah, I'm 5 years into my car, getting ready to hit 100,000km, car payments end in December of this year. I plan on holding on to this car at least another 2 years, that's when inspection time is, then I'll get rid of it before the inspection. No reason to spend $1500.00 for inspection of a 7 year old car with 150,000km on it.

MULLY

Ended up getting a new crv. Happy with the purchase. Don't have me second guess it :). I think I got a very nice price. I want to keep thinking that.

I also appreciate the help and community here.

Congratulations!  That is a really fine vehicle, and it's made in your state so bonus... 

Yeah, I'm 5 years into my car, getting ready to hit 100,000km, car payments end in December of this year. I plan on holding on to this car at least another 2 years, that's when inspection time is, then I'll get rid of it before the inspection. No reason to spend $1500.00 for inspection of a 7 year old car with 150,000km on it.

MULLY

Protip: Don't buy a vehicle from Big Paul.

I bought a '13 Focus SE on Friday night.  The reviews all over the web were positive, and for the most part, I enjoy the car.  There are little things here and there (for example, I wish if you played a song from your iPhone and the song title is too long, it would scroll through).  The navigation links back to the info screen in front of the driver which is a nice touch. 

Hilarious note because part of me was afraid it was too womeny of a car. My wife said. Aren't those for old ladies. But then loved it when we test drove it.

oh one other thing, the CRV tells you when you need an oil change, i didnt read through the manual completely when we got it, i sent her for an oil change at 6-7k miles, knowing its synthetic its good for 10k+, and we semi-know the oil change guy, and he sent us away, almost laughing at us that we came that early, and said on these CRV's and most new honda toyotas the oil change notice will come up, and dont come in before it days 5-10% oil change status..

which seems to be at about 11k miles when shes driving mostly highway and about 9k when mostly city.. 

clearly most oil change places wont say that and gladly take your money for a full synthetic oil change..

but man that CRV gets better gas mileage than my accord when she uses ECON mode, and once she transfer to the local branch(monday) shell need an oil change like once a year..

that CRV is efficient as hell... 

Archived