Training Camp Thread

Don't jinx him!!!!

:lol:

??

Speaking of which, is anyone starting a league soon?  I didn't play last year and want to get back to it this year.

NastyNati ran the Go-Bengals on Yahoo last year. No idea if he is doing it again.

Welcome and great first post! Haha... Good to see you quit on your previous name.  Was someone throwing trash in your lawn?

Had  no clue so had to look it up...

nem·a·tode

/ˈnɛməˌtoʊd/  Show Spelled [nem-uh-tohd] 

noun
1. any unsegmented worm of the phylum Nematoda, having an elongated, cylindrical body; a roundworm.

Still funny.  No circulatory system but still manages to shit the bed because he has a digestive tract.

The key feature is that it has no spine.

Damn....high ankle sprains can linger a LONG time.

They certainly can. Having almost 6 weeks until the start of the season should soften that injury time, though. Maybe he's ready to start the season. Maybe he's ready week 3... 

1. Practice was short. Ended 5 minutes ago. A lot of special teams work today.

2. He's dressed. Not sure. I've been watching for him. "@aARONdVAiL: @AndrewFoxMiller why has gio not taken any reps at Rb"

Expand
  3. Eifert can take a hit. Kirkpatrick, Mays, and Shawn Williams collectively swarmed him causing a massive collision. No scares. Just football

Expand
  4. Spoke too soon. Nugent missed wide left on a 55-yarder.

Expand
  5. I don't think I've seen a missed field goal between Nugent and Sharp. At 45 yards now. @whodeyweekly

Expand
  6. Hawkins believes it's a high ankle sprain. Will get MRI. Per @artrellhawkins

Expand
  7. Andrew Hawkins Update: Spoke w Andrew he believes it's only a high-ankle sprain.MRI will determine if it's more severe. #HawkAndFishInsider

Retweeted by Andrew Miller
    Expand
  8. Josh Johnson a bit underwhelming as a paser today. Broke out for a few nice runs. Skelton taking snaps now.

Expand
  9. Andre? He's practicing. "@bettick1: @AndrewFoxMiller what's wrong with smith"

Expand
  10. Taylor Mays gets an a athletic interception. Pass intended for Whalen up the sideline. Dalton essentially threw into double coverage

Expand
  11. Sanu gets a catch after running a quick curl and visibly frustrating Dre Kirkpatrick on coverage.

Expand
  12. @JustBeWarned I don't doubt it. I just never saw it. I lost some focus when tweeting the news

13. Something light hearted to shift the tone: kids are lined up for pictures with Who Dey pic.twitter.com/YvU9q2tNH6

14. Unless he was carted near the tunnel and I missed it "@JustBeWarned: @AndrewFoxMiller lol, someone tweeted carted and everybody ran with it"

Expand
  15. I didn't see a cart for Hawkins, but Twitter seems to believe that's what happened

Expand
  16. I hope our depth at slot receiver isn't tested after today.

Expand
  17. Hawkins caught a spectacular 55+ yard pass from Dalton and rolled. Realized he couldn't get up. Staff attended, assisted off

Expand
  18. Andrew Hawkins being helped off the field...

Expand
  19. Andrew Hawkins slow to get up. Cutching left leg.

Expand
  20. Defense just threw everything at Dalton, who quickly releases to Eifert along the sideline for an 8 yard gain.

Expand
  21. @SeanODonnellNFL need to get a better angle. I believe so. Ran a hitch past the line for about a 2 yd catch.

22. Tyler Eifert with the first big catch of the afternoon -- 20 yard reception in the middle of the field. The crowd wakes up.

Expand
  23. First play of practice is a quick dump from Dalton to Orson Charles from Dalton after a play action to Green-Ellis.

Expand
  24. Brandon Tate on return duties to start the evening. #Bengals

Expand

....Hard Knocks better add some dramatic music to that moment. Gets you right in the feels.

BQnfNU1CQAEOkjh.jpg

#bengals acquire OT Jason Weaver on waivers from Tampa Bay and sign WR Jheranie Boyd

Last year, Hawkins had 51 receptions for 533 yards and 4 TDs. #Bengals

1. First offense goes 3-for3 in goal line

2. That would put Baby Hawk out about 2-4 weeks. See you in Chicago

Expand
  3. Big Hawk reporting he believes high ankle sprain

Expand
  4. Tough thing about it is he could put no weight on it

Expand
  5. Good throw by Dalton. Great catch as Hawk laid out

Expand
  6. Hawkins being helped off field. No weight on left ankle

Expand
  7. Hawkins grabs ankle after makes diving catch

Expand
  8. Tate Burkhead take third kick

Expand
  9. Hawkins and Burkhead returning kicks with 1s. McCalebb Herron next

Expand
  10. Smith Dunlap look to be questionable for trip

Expand
  11. Jones does not look serious. He could go to Atlanta

Expand
  12. Marvin Jones Dunlap Smith not suited

Just hypothetically speaking... IF Hawkins was injured enough to not be able to play for a LONG time... could Onterrio McCaleb have the ability to pick up somewhat where he left off? Routes would be iffy, perhaps... but as a college RB he can probably catch a bit, run reverses, etc. Not a direct replacement, but possibly something to think about. Doubt it happens though, just throwing it out there.

From what i've seen, a high ankle sprain is 4-6 weeks so I'm guessing he's doubtful for the opener. 'Course he could be a fast healer, but the way he plays with his cutting ability, etc. that's a tough injury. I think he had ankle issues last fall, too.

Sanzenbacher and Whelan will get more reps. Both are capable, but neither is the playmaker Hawk is. Hawks a really good gunner on STs, too although I think Dre could be great... And Prater, too.

From what i've seen, a high ankle sprain is 4-6 weeks so I'm guessing he's doubtful for the opener. 'Course he could be a fast healer, but the way he plays with his cutting ability, etc. that's a tough injury. I think he had ankle issues last fall, too.

Sanzenbacher and Whelan will get more reps. Both are capable, but neither is the playmaker Hawk is. Hawks a really good gunner on STs, too although I think Dre could be great... And Prater, too.

It's so hard to know without knowing the severity.

Just hypothetically speaking... IF Hawkins was injured enough to not be able to play for a LONG time... could Onterrio McCaleb have the ability to pick up somewhat where he left off? Routes would be iffy, perhaps... but as a college RB he can probably catch a bit, run reverses, etc. Not a direct replacement, but possibly something to think about. Doubt it happens though, just throwing it out there.

I'm sure not an OSU fan, but from what little I've seen on the videos, Sanzenbacher has looked quick and sure-handed as a slot guy, and of course you have Sanu and Eifert who can play there.

I really like McCalebb, but I'm guessing that if he has a role, it's as a redshirt/PS guy.

It's so hard to know without knowing the severity.

Yes, you're right. Hobs said 2-4 weeks and that sounded light to me. Other guys I've seen had to sit out for 8 weeks or more.

I guess there are different grades of severity, so between that and how quick the guy heals, timing varies.

Estimated crowd 6,500 Family Night

a possibility yea I'd think.

that was my initial thought.  With how much of Hawk's game is predicated on cutting, I think it will be awhile before he's 100%

It would appear that some veterans aren't headed to Atlanta this Sunday for the week's festivities with the Falcons.

weaver_jason--nfl_thumb3_65_90.jpg
Weaver boyd_jheranie--nfl_thumb3_65_90.jpg
Boyd

It would appear that some veterans aren't headed to Atlanta this Sunday for the week's festivities with the Falcons.

On Thursday the Bengals picked up two rookie free-agents recently cut by Tampa Bay as they opt to take it easy with the knee situations of wide receiver A.J. Green and left tackleAndrew Whitworth.

They acquired Southern Mississippi tackle Jason Weaver on waivers and signed North Carolina wide receiver Jheraine Boyd. Boyd had cleared waivers last month.

That would indicate that Green and Whitworth aren't making the trip and others, like defensive tackleBrandon Thompson (knee) may not be going, either.

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengls-sign-rookie-tackle-receiver/e4c628f0-a9c8-429c-ac5b-c144036c32bb

Archived