Which Sunday game will you be watching this week?

Watched a bit of the Ravens-Browns. I think both teams are weaker in their respective secondaries than their front 7. I think the Bengals could exploit them both with the 2 te set.

Saw a bit of the Colts-Fins. Colts use the deep ball on offense a lot, so our db's will have to be on their toes. As for the Fins, they're really tough in their defensive front 7, and will be tough for us to run on, which means hopefully more screens to Gio Bernard. Both opponents are beatable but it won't be easy.

I can see us losing to the Packers next week. Their offense is unstoppable right now. I just hope Lacy doesn't get fit in time.

The one thing I've never understood is why a runner barely has to break the plane and that's fine as a TD and we all accept it, but receivers have to have possession and hold onto it and break the plane and keep their feet down and and and.

In possession and break the plane = TD. Who cares how or why.

The one thing I've never understood is why a runner barely has to break the plane and that's fine as a TD and we all accept it, but receivers have to have possession and hold onto it and break the plane and keep their feet down and and and.

In possession and break the plane = TD. Who cares how or why.

Because unlike a player who receives the ball in a handoff, a receiver must first demonstrate possession of the ball before it can be "advanced".. The scenario you describe only comes into play if the process of catching the ball takes the receiver into the endzone.  If the receiver has caught the ball and demonstrated possession before crossing the goal line he is treated the exact same way as a running back for the purpose of scoring

Serious question here. Watching Ahmad Brooks play for San Fran. How did he not work here ?

IMO, because he fits better in a 3-4. Same as Justin Smith (though Smith has also admitted to not giving his all in Cincy).

Also, he seemed to get in Zimmer's doghouse.  But in general, yea I just think he fits much better as a 3-4OLB than 4-3 ILB.

IMO, because he fits better in a 3-4. Same as Justin Smith (though Smith has also admitted to not giving his all in Cincy).

Also, he seemed to get in Zimmer's doghouse.  But in general, yea I just think he fits much better as a 3-4OLB than 4-3 ILB.

Yep, he fits as a 3-4 rush backer. Hes not agile or quick enough to play outside in a 4-3 defense. I don't think Brooks was in Zimmers doghouse, he left in 2007 the year before Zimmer came to Cincy.

Niners have had 4 or 5 guys on the d line all game with Brooks mostly on left end of d line.

Yep, he fits as a 3-4 rush backer. Hes not agile or quick enough to play outside in a 4-3 defense. I don't think Brooks was in Zimmers doghouse, he left in 2007 the year before Zimmer came to Cincy.

his last season was 2007, but he was on the team the spring and training camp of 2008, Zimmer's first year.  He was cut at the end of the 2008 training camp.

Niners don't just use him as a pass rusher. He's looked good vs the run

his last season was 2007, but he was on the team the spring and training camp of 2008, Zimmer's first year.  He was cut at the end of the 2008 training camp.

Brooks blew it then, then again 4-3 and 3-4 the outside linebackers are totally different. There's no where for Aldon Smith to play on the Bengals. To small for de, and not quick enough for outside backer.

Archived