Adrian Peterson met son for first time after beating

oldschooler

Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson met his 2-year-old son for the first time while he was on life support, TMZ reports.

The football star — whose son died on Friday after his mother’s boyfriend allegedly badly beat him — learned three months ago that he had a child with a woman living in South Dakota, the site reports.

The woman called him with the news after her ex took a  paternity test revealing the boy didn’t belong to him — and the NFL star quickly made arrangements to meet the tot, the site reports.

Modal Triggervikings-peterson-football1.jpg?w=680&h=4

Vanja Srdie shares a memory about Minnesota Vikings’ Adrian Peterson’s 2-year-old son during a candlelight vigil at Sertoma Park in Sioux Falls, S.D., Friday, Oct. 11, 2013.Photo: AP Photo/Argus Leader, Jay Pickthorn

The news comes after the mother’s boyfriend, Joseph Robert Patterson, 27, was charged with aggravated assault on Friday for allegedly causing the child serious head injuries that lead to his death.

Patterson has a history of domestic violence,  including an incident in which he allegedly threatened to murder an ex-girlfriend and beat her young son last year, according to London’s Daily Mail. A judge last year let him off the hook domestic violence counseling.

Peterson has at least two other kids with two other women, including a daughter, Adeja, and son named Adrian Peterson Jr. He could not be reached immediately by The Post.

Modal Triggerpeterson11.jpg?w=680&h=450&crop=1

Joseph Patterson, who is charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery on an infant, leaves the Lincoln County Courthouse after a hearing in Canton, S.D., on Friday, Oct. 11, 2013Photo: AP Photo/Argus Leader, Joe Ahlquist

His 2-year-old son died just before noon on Friday at hospital in  Sioux Falls, South Dakota. The boy’s name was not released.

Patterson was charged on Friday with aggravated assault on an infant.

http://nypost.com/2013/10/12/adrian-peterson-saw-son-for-first-time-while-he-was-on-life-support/

Rest in Peace little one.  :closedeyes: 

Your Regular Reminder That Phil Mushnick Is A Race-Baiting Troll

Professional shithead Phil Mushnick is at it again, opining in his unbelievable-even-for-the-Post column that Adrian Peterson deserves some blame for the beating death of his 2-year-old son, a son that until recently he didn't know he had.

After establishing without a doubt Peterson's thugged-out bonafides—his father did prison time, Peterson once received a ticket for speeding—the master concern-troll dives right into the heart of the matter.

The suspect in the beating murder of Peterson’s 2-year-old is the boyfriend of Peterson’s “baby mama” — now the casual, flippant, detestable and common buzz-phrase for absentee, wham-bam fatherhood.

With his resources, how could Peterson, the NFL’s MVP, have allowed his son to remain in such an environment? Did he not know, or not care? Or not care to know? Or not know to care?

Peterson couldn’t have provided his son a better life, a longer life?

Money can’t buy love, but having signed a $96 million deal, he could not have provided his child — apparently his second from a “baby mama” — a safe home?

[...]
Maybe Peterson’s son is just one more stands-to-reason murder victim, just another child born to just another “baby mama,” one more kid who never had a shot, anyway. Maybe, by now, even if we can’t accept it, we can expect it.

For those of you not from the New York area, please note that Phil Mushnick was the odds-on favorite to write this column. His once relevant media criticism has devolved into regular race-baiting, if not outright racism. He's written about Stephen A. Smith's "urban street-hip brotha yak" that supposedly appealed to "urban, street-talkin' sports fans." He decried the rise of black alternate jerseys as "gang fashion" meant to sell in "urban markets."
And, most famously, blasting the Nets for getting in bed with Jay Z:

As long as the Nets are allowing Jay-Z to call their marketing shots — what a shock that he chose black and white as the new team colors to stress, as the Nets explained, their new "urban" home — why not have him apply the full Jay-Z treatment?

Why the Brooklyn Nets when they can be the New York N———s? The cheerleaders could be the Brooklyn B——hes or Hoes. Team logo? A 9 mm with hollow-tip shell casings strewn beneath.

Nobody puts the scare in the scare quotes around "urban" quite like Phil Mushnick.

http://deadspin.com/your-regular-reminder-that-phil-mushnick-is-a-race-bait-1445099979

I feel like a sucker for feeling sorry for him. The sports media thst was treating him like a hero for playing didn't go out of their way to mention that he didn't even know the kid. He reminds me of guys that brag about having a son, but only spend time with them when they feel like it. There's a page that has a slideshow with a banner that says AP and son. It shows pics of the kid, then shows Sports Illustrated pics of AP. Touching.

I feel like a sucker for feeling sorry for him. The sports media thst was treating him like a hero for playing didn't go out of their way to mention that he didn't even know the kid. He reminds me of guys that brag about having a son, but only spend time with them when they feel like it. There's a page that has a slideshow with a banner that says AP and son. It shows pics of the kid, then shows Sports Illustrated pics of AP. Touching.

He just found out about the Kid three months ago, not two years ago.  Is reading comprehension a lost art?

To be fair to AP, he wasn't the one making a big deal out of this.  He said let me deal with this privately.

By all means go ahead and feel betrayed by ESPN, Fox Sports, et al.

Good point. I did and I alluded to that in the first part of my rant. I feel horrible for the mother, not so much for AP, being the father by DNA only.

Kenneth, he had 3 months to meet the kid and only finally did when he was on life support. He had the means to do it and could've made time if he really wanted to. I appreciate the insults in lieu of objective debate. Thanks for playing. Maybe I'll jump on the ignore bandwagon. 

Good point. I did and I alluded to that in the first part of my rant. I feel horrible for the mother, not so much for AP, being the father by DNA only.

Kenneth, he had 3 months to meet the kid and only finally did when he was on life support. He had the means to do it and could've made time if he really wanted to. I appreciate the insults in lieu of objective debate. Thanks for playing. Maybe I'll jump on the ignore bandwagon. 

No, you should jump on the "Read" bandwagon.  From the Original Article:

We're told ... when Adrian was first informed about the matter, he didn't question the possibility he was the dad -- but rather asked how he could help the situation.

Sources tell us ... a few weeks ago, A.P. started to plan a trip to South Dakota to meet the child for the first time and he was supposed to fly out later this month.

But when he heard the news about the attack on the 2-year-old, Peterson dropped everything and jetted over to Sioux Falls as soon as he could.

He found out while in training camp or thereabouts, asked how he could help, and had plans to go and visit the child, would you guess maybe around his Bye week?  But i guess he should have just figured that the girl had a moron fuck living with her that was going to kill the child, huh? 

Do you believe everything you read? Apparently you've never heard of PR spin. You're implying that I'm suupposed to read this and believe everything in it. And as far as your asshole last remark, he probably had no idea what the child's living conditions were.  If I had all that money and found out that I had a son, I would make sure that he was taken care of immediately unless I didn't give a shit. I'd also probably check on the other 2 kids by 2 different women and however many other ones there are.

Do you believe everything you read? Apparently you've never heard of PR spin. You're implying that I'm suupposed to read this and believe everything in it. And as far as your asshole last remark, he probably had no idea what the child's living conditions were.  If I had all that money and found out that I had a son, I would make sure that he was taken care of immediately unless I didn't give a shit. I'd also probably check on the other 2 kids by 2 different women and however many other ones there are.

You are right on one thing, The ignore bandwagon is where you belong. 

Seriously, I know these guys attend the Rookie Symposium to get some sound advice.  They really need to spend some time on avoiding the pitfalls of hooking up with every piece of ass that throws themselves on you unless you have some type of protection. Good news is there is a soon to be male birth control shot that is 100% effective and easily reversed.  

Archived