!!!THE BENGALS @ RAVENS GAME THREAD!!!

Oh well 0-2 in 2nd half of regular season.

Only positive I can see was defense really stepped up today without Geno.

Dalton's 3rd interception was a thing of disgust, overthrew an open AJ Green by about 15 feet.

Also, Gio has to learn that he can't run the ball backwards all the time.

Marvin is average at best, but this team lose was on Dalton. Our boy wonder pulled one out for him and how many balls did he have fucked up.

Lost in all of this somewhere is screwing around at the end of the first half and at

least not trying to get into field goal range.

Doing something vs doing nothing.

Dare I say... clock mismanagement?

Also... I think they really missed Gresham.

moot point...

Two overtime losses in a row to inferior teams.

Really going to be interesting to see how the rest of the

season plays out.

Divisional win?

Probably.

After that... 

Marvin was too aggressive with 4th downs when this offense's play didn't warrant it. The screen to Gio and him losing 15 yards was abysmal.

Dalton played poorly. Missed a ton of throws and paid for a few of them dearly.

All that said and they still had a chance to steal this one.

This defense deserved better today. They have been decimated by injuries and it's just next man up.

This offense desperately needs a bye week. Although the 10 days off since play badly in Miami didn't seem to cure our ills.

No one is asking this O out up 45 week in/out but this O looked incompetent most of the day.

Quit blaming wittle Andy....blah blah blah.  He overthrew shit all day long.  its on him to make plays.  He failed to do so in back to back games, especially during crunch time.  Straight up suckfest.  They would have been lucky to escape the shitfest with a win.  Lucky. 

Folks, the Ravens have a very tough D and are very good at home. Tack on the wind, and that was a challenge today. On both teams. Or were people that excited about Flacco's day? Conditions were very difficult. Dalton gave them a chance. People need to chill out. 

True. Whit got eaten up by Dumervil on a few snaps today.

Anyone know how many times Eifert lined up out wide? Seems like he'd be an insane mismatch on any defender out there.

I'm sure he would be if Dalton had more than half a second to throw before getting swarmed. He gets thrown the ball and drops it. Gruden barely calls screens and I don't understand why. They work well when he does.

Something I'm going to harp on about now is that we still lack a consistent #2 wr threat.  Seemed like Jones was non-existent today.  Our offense is stacked but I don't know if it's the system or what but you take away Gresham/Bernard and all the pieces fall apart.

Did Marvin have a catch today?! Struggling to recall one.

Folks, the Ravens have a very tough D and are very good at home. Tack on the wind, and that was a challenge today. On both teams. Or were people that excited about Flacco's day? Conditions were very difficult. Dalton gave them a chance. People need to chill out.

X2

Both QBs struggled for sure, but the Oline (both, actually) got their asses kicked today.

Way too many 3rd and longs... That's a struggle for any QB, especially playing in the wind in one of the toughest places to win in the NFL. And 120 yards of penalties in the first half? Ridiculous.

They got beat, but they're still in first. Back home to get some revenge. Offense has to play better for sure, and they need to play a whole lot smarter, too.

Something I'm going to harp on about now is that we still lack a consistent #2 wr threat.  Seemed like Jones was non-existent today.  Our offense is stacked but I don't know if it's the system or what but you take away Gresham/Bernard and all the pieces fall apart.

Jones did struggle... 2 drops and the INT that he should have had. As someone else noted, they definitely missed Gresh today.

Not true. In the Jets game, Andy had time to make more than one read. That wasnt the case today. Jones is a good player and we have enough skill weapons. Andy isn't good enough to take over a game when he's being pressured non stop.

Not true. In the Jets game, Andy had time to make more than one read. That wasnt the case today. Jones is a good player and we have enough skill weapons. Andy isn't good enough to take over a game when he's being pressured non stop.

Should have been a game of screens/dumps for gio/hawk/jones. Problem was when plays were designed screens for Gio the ravens sniffed it. Hawk got an end around and put it on ground.

Archived