Pope Francis was a bouncer

Go Skins

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/12/03/pope-francis-cool-bouncer/3855285/

Pope Francis revealed that he once worked as a bouncer at a nightclub in Buenos Aires — and it's starting a big conversation on social media, calling Francis the coolest pope ever.

Jon Favreau (@jonfavs) tweeted a suggestion for an off-beat dramedy about the pope as a bouncer: "Heaven can wait, and So Can You."

Charles Blow (@CharlesMBlow) tweeted "The Pope comes out with something cooler every week… If he releases a mix tape it will be all over."

So just how cool is Pope Francis? A quick scan of headlines shows a lot about how he relates to the faithful: He drives himself in a used car instead of riding with a chauffeur in the papal limousine. Rumors are swirling that he sneaks out of the Vatican at night dressed as a priest to give alms to the homeless.

In his effortlessly cool way, he recently chastised priests about giving more upbeat homilies to keep people from falling asleep in church. He added that "confession shouldn't be torture," and urged priests to get their shoes muddy, and get involved in the lives of their flock — and not to be, quote, "sourpusses."

http://www.twowheelsblog.com/galleria/harley-davidson-road-king-police-per-il-vaticano-01

...four special Road King Police models that were specially prepared to serve and protect the Vatican. In accordance with the new line dictated by the Argentinian Pope - who famously advocates a ‘poorchurch for poor people’, free from the earthly goods of nature - two of these bikes will be auctioned with the proceeds going towards charity, while the other two will remain in the fleet of the Vatican Gendarmerie.

8-vati-moto-11.jpg

1-vaticano-moto-motoblog-1.jpg

Call me when the Catholic Church firmly recants it's position on homosexuality, birth control, abortion and women being able to advance beyond the laity. And for the record, Time's "Man Of The Year" designation doesn't always apply to heroes, folks. It's applied to influential people, for good or ill, hence Hitler, Stalin, Bush, etc.

Call me when the Catholic Church firmly recants it's position on homosexuality, birth control, abortion and women being able to advance beyond the laity. And for the record, Time's "Man Of The Year" designation doesn't always apply to heroes, folks. It's applied to influential people, for good or ill, hence Hitler, Stalin, Bush, etc.

I was Time Man of the Year 2006.

So I've got that going for me.

Which is nice.

• 1 month later...

Archived