*******Official DAY 3 Draft Thread*******

Pretty surprised Tiny is still available. Has to be medical. Has that Clemson tackle who tore his acl got picked yet?

Yeah, 49ers took a redshirt on him with one of their compensatory picks at the end of the 3rd.

1. OT Tiny Richardson

2. ILB Christian Jones

3. QB Zach Mettenberger

4. WR Jared Abberdaris

5. ILB Shayne Skov

6. QB A.J. McCarron

wonder what's up with Tiny Richardson

I think I read something about a medical issue

wonder what's up with Tiny Richardson

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327903/article/davis-antonio-richardsons-knee-issues-could-hurt-draft-stock

INDIANAPOLIS -- Concerns about the medical reports on offensive lineman Antonio Richardson aren't helping the draft status of the former Tennessee left tackle, according to NFL Media analyst Charles Davis, who questioned on NFL Network Saturday whether Richardson might have to "redshirt" his rookie NFL season because of knee problems.

Davis, a former Volunteers defensive back, told College Football 24/7 that this was his opinion, not what he was hearing from either the college or NFL community. But if NFL teams discover medical issues with Richardson here this week, he might have one of the most historical drop-offs in stock we've ever seen, going from one of the nation's top tackles just a year ago to one that might be on the bubble of getting drafted.

Richardson (6-foot-6, 336 pounds) started 24 consecutive games for the Volunteers over his last two seasons but had knee surgery after his sophomore season in 2012. He missed spring practice last year while recovering from surgery. As a junior last year, he wasn't as effective, but nevertheless opted to enter the draft early.

Although he was reportedly beaten for just two sacks on the season, he struggled at times in run-blocking. In fact, NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said Saturday that Richardson wasn't even the best tackle on the Volunteers. Right tackle Ja'Wuan James had the better year of the two, Jeremiah said. Richardson's junior-year film, according to Jeremiah, carried the grade of a fifth-round draft pick.

That's a precipitous fall from the preseason hype that surrounded Richardson, who was not long ago considered one of the top offensive tackle prospects in the nation. If NFL clubs see Richardson as a fifth-round pick as Jeremiah does and have concerns about his ability to compete as a rookie as Davis does, he could be one of the draft's free-fallers.

His confidence, however, is unshaken.

"I'm a first-rounder," he said Friday. "I plan on (a first-round call) being the case. If push comes to shove I'm still blessed. If I would fall into the second round, only two percent get to do this so it's a blessing either way."

Richardson ran a middling (among OL) 5.3 40-yard dash Saturday.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

Are you watching NFLN?  They are hammering McCarron.  Arrogant, and medical issues with his back.

Yes. Have you heard him interviewed ? He's not like able. Not that it means anything. I just don't think he's very good. Obviously 32 teams don't either

The only quarterback left I'd want to see the Bengals take is Tajh Boyd.

I ABSOLUTELY don't understand the folks cloring for Aaron Murray. He's streaky and lacks a huge arm. Doesn't that sound an awful lot like someone we know?

I'd like that. But I line Murray too

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000327903/article/davis-antonio-richardsons-knee-issues-could-hurt-draft-stock

INDIANAPOLIS -- Concerns about the medical reports on offensive lineman Antonio Richardson aren't helping the draft status of the former Tennessee left tackle, according to NFL Media analyst Charles Davis, who questioned on NFL Network Saturday whether Richardson might have to "redshirt" his rookie NFL season because of knee problems.

Davis, a former Volunteers defensive back, told College Football 24/7 that this was his opinion, not what he was hearing from either the college or NFL community. But if NFL teams discover medical issues with Richardson here this week, he might have one of the most historical drop-offs in stock we've ever seen, going from one of the nation's top tackles just a year ago to one that might be on the bubble of getting drafted.

Richardson (6-foot-6, 336 pounds) started 24 consecutive games for the Volunteers over his last two seasons but had knee surgery after his sophomore season in 2012. He missed spring practice last year while recovering from surgery. As a junior last year, he wasn't as effective, but nevertheless opted to enter the draft early.

Although he was reportedly beaten for just two sacks on the season, he struggled at times in run-blocking. In fact, NFL Media analyst Daniel Jeremiah said Saturday that Richardson wasn't even the best tackle on the Volunteers. Right tackle Ja'Wuan James had the better year of the two, Jeremiah said. Richardson's junior-year film, according to Jeremiah, carried the grade of a fifth-round draft pick.

That's a precipitous fall from the preseason hype that surrounded Richardson, who was not long ago considered one of the top offensive tackle prospects in the nation. If NFL clubs see Richardson as a fifth-round pick as Jeremiah does and have concerns about his ability to compete as a rookie as Davis does, he could be one of the draft's free-fallers.

His confidence, however, is unshaken.

"I'm a first-rounder," he said Friday. "I plan on (a first-round call) being the case. If push comes to shove I'm still blessed. If I would fall into the second round, only two percent get to do this so it's a blessing either way."

Richardson ran a middling (among OL) 5.3 40-yard dash Saturday.

Follow Chase Goodbread on Twitter @ChaseGoodbread.

I'd gladly redshirt richardson for a year.

give me with this next pick Skov, McCarron, Richardson or Abberderis.

Archived