*******Official DAY 3 Draft Thread*******

its not a QB controversy ESPN, he's a 5th round pick.

I have a feeling our own fans are going to turn it into one. There were fans screaming for Josh Johnson at the Green Bay game.

How so? A lot of the "experts" say he has starting potential. Make dalton play the year out and at the end of the year see how dalton did and see what they thought of mccarron over the year. Make a decision from there to 1. Resign dalton. 2. Let dalton go and make aj the starter, 3. Let dalton go and find another qb in FA or the draft.

I don't see how it changes the Dalton equation.  If he signs for what we want, fine.  If he outprices us, well we have a guy with a year in the system rather than a raw rookie.

Ditto. I love it. We finally got a QB with a cannon for an arm. Excellent game manager. Wins under pressure and hot ass GF.

Cannon for a arm? I don't think we drafted the guy you think we drafted. Dalton has more of a cannon then mccarron.

i'm just not a fan of McCarron... but let him play for the number two spot... Jason Campbell didn't thrill me either....  I don't think either replace Dalton this year... but heck i didn't think SF would replace Smith either a few years ago... oh well... lets end this draft with some value picks and see where it goes...

The Bengals are in a unique situation with their starting QB going into his 4th year.  Dalton wins but then he doesn't.  Let Dalton play this year under a PROVEN o-coordinator for change who won't put the game on his shoulders, and see how he responds.  In the meantime, redshirt McCarron in the play book for a year, so if Dalton shows no improvement under Jackson, McCarron is waiting in the wings to start.  This was a smart move I think.

Seems like Dalton is on a leash for this year.  And remeber that Jay Gruden was the OC since Andy has been drafted.   

I think the decision is loud and clear:  We have everything but a QB that can win games that matter.  McCareeon is a winner and have known to generally make the right decisions.  Clear as day.  Dalton--Make us a Super Bowl with our talent, or at least make it into the AFC Championship Game, or no new contract, and good bye.

Archived