Utah to weigh rejecting daylight savings time

Go Skins

http://www.kutv.com/news/features/local-news/stories/Utah-to-weigh-rejecting-daylight-saving-time-51043.shtml#.VD_TomddXkV

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) Utah lawmakers say they plan to consider legislation next year that would make the state one of three nationwide where clocks aren't adjusted twice a year for daylight saving time.

State Sen. Aaron Osmond, R-South Jordan, said at a Wednesday legislative meeting that he will run a bill next year to either align Utah's clocks with Arizona to stay on Mountain Standard Time year-round, or to keep clocks set hour ahead all year on daylight saving time.

Osmond and other legislators discussed the issue after reviewing a state report and informal survey about opting out of the twice-yearly clock jump.

I love daylight savings time.  You guys don't like having daylight until after 9:00pm during the summer?  Besides, if we didn't have it during the summer, it would be daylight two hours before many people get up for work.

Now, I would agree that they've stretched it too far.  It used to run from the first Sunday in April to the first Sunday in October.  Now it runs second Sunday in March to first Sunday in November.  The beneficial effects of it are not felt in spring and fall.

It's standard time that I hate with a passion.  Sunset at 5:00pm?  No thanks.

I would rather have more sun after I get off work because it gets cold here when the sun goes down.

I find it VERY difficult to get up in the morning if it's not light out, though.

The shortest day of the year here has a sunset at 4:23pm, which is appalling if you ask me.

I would rather have more sun after I get off work because it gets cold here when the sun goes down.

I find it VERY difficult to get up in the morning if it's not light out, though.

The shortest day of the year here has a sunset at 4:23pm, which is appalling if you ask me.

That too... 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived