Training Camp Tuesday 8/9 - Anybody going?

The team sent us an invite to attend training camp this Tuesday as their "VIP Guests".  Prolly means we get a bottle of water and a designated scorchingly-hot metal bleacher to sit on, but I figured... what the heck, sounds like fun.  So LT and I are planning to show up.

Did any other holders on this board get that invite as well and are you attending?

"What: VIP Training Camp Day is exclusive and only open to Season Ticket Member invitees. Players will autograph after practice for a short period of time. We cannot guarantee everyone will receive an autograph.

Who: You plus 1 guest of your choice (total 2)

When: Tuesday, August 9th, 2016. Practice is currently scheduled from 3:00pm and will last anywhere from 1.5 hours to 2 hours, weather permitting. Gates will open 30 minutes prior to the start time (2:30pm). Dates and time are subject to change.

Where: Training Camp will be held at our practice fields located off of Central Ave., West of Paul Brown Stadium. Check in will be located at the practice field gates on the corner of Central Ave. and W. Pete Rose Way at the Northeast gate."

Might be fun to down a few cold ones at the Holy Grail before gates open.  The mile-long walk from the beer to camp will work of some calories.  Lol.

Update  We're meeting at Lot 1 a little before 11 to dump a car, then we'll head over to the Holy Grail.  Plan is to go to the Reds HoF to make it in time for the 11:30am Stadium Tour, which takes 90 minutes (finishes at 1).  After that, we'll spend a few minutes in the HoF, get a beer and lunch at the Grail, then drive back to Lot 1 to get there in the 2:30-2:45 window to make camp.

PM me if you want to tag along for a day of Reds/Bengals stuff. :)

My Uncle had VIP last year and I'm going from memory of what he told me but pretty sure it included having private section closer to the practice than the bleachers with tents and drinks including beer were free. Players come over after practice for kind of a meet/greet and autographs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fucking motherfuckers! I drove all the way down for Lima for this bullshit with my son then they fucking cancelled it.... They need to knock off all these stupid little fucking promotions and just give us our concessions cards back.... I emailed my ticket rep and just got the same old generalized bullshit....

Just returned from the aborted VIP Day. Disappointed didn't get to see anything, but it's like air travel: they can't control the weather. It was raining like pouring piss out of a boot--with lightning. Oh well.

Amish and I did get to take a really interesting tour of GABP. Had a good lunch at Holy Grail, and found some deals in the Bengals Pro Shop. Good day, with a good friend. Can't beat that at all.

Archived