I have been a massive Dalton critic of the last few years and I'll agree that he did not luck into his position. He was clearly drafted in the second round to start in place of Palmer.

Now that was six years ago. Here we are today with that 2nd round pick which I'll agree was our best option at that time. I'd like to see a list of all the QBs that have started a NFL game that we passed on in the draft from the last three to four years.  Dalton was drafted to be a game managing QB behind a great defense. However things have changed drastically in the last five years. The rules of the game now heavily favor the offensive game play. Their is no such thing as a game managing QB in the NFL on a winning team. You must be able to consistently put up 28 to 31 points a game to be an elite team.

13 hours ago, Le Tigre said:

Don't look now, but your game manager is about to overtake your franchise QB in just about every meaningful statistical catagory. 

Shhhhh. don't bring facts in to ruin a good blind argument.

Some of these guys if nothing else are consistent.  

Their is only one stat that I give a flying F bomb about and that stat  is the scoreboard at the end of each game. Great Dalton breaking franchise records while this team is at the bottom of the league on the only stat line that matters.  Breaking franchise records for one of the all time shittiest pro sports franchises.  

24 minutes ago, Catfish Bob said:

Their is only one stat that I give a flying F bomb about and that stat  is the scoreboard at the end of each game. Great Dalton breaking franchise records while this team is at the bottom of the league on the only stat line that matters.  Breaking franchise records for one of the all time shittiest pro sports franchises.  

Speaking of Dalton and shittiest pro sports franchises ( -1 rep), nice avatar. 

And are you friends with Neve and Max?

Don't look now, but your game manager is about to overtake your franchise QB in just about every meaningful statistical catagory. 

You forgot to mention: does he hold Franchise record for most failed playoff attempts? I'm serious, which Bengals QB holds the record for most playoff one and done ? Do you not consider this stat mentionable

58 minutes ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

You forgot to mention: does he hold Franchise record for most failed playoff attempts? I'm serious, which Bengals QB holds the record for most playoff one and done ? Do you not consider this stat mentionable

Of course not. Football is a team game...in his playoff losses he shared the field with a bunch of other guys and a coaching staff.

If a singular man were to EVER shoulder the responsibility for the stat you're talking about, it's the man at the top.

Of course not. Football is a team game...in his playoff losses he shared the field with a bunch of other guys and a coaching staff.
If a singular man were to EVER shoulder the responsibility for the stat you're talking about, it's the man at the top.

Your whole rant was about Dalton's achievements. Were not those done with the help of his team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Non sequiturs are not mentionable.

14 hours ago, RhodeIslandFan said:

Yep, I'm still pissed at him for fumbling the ball last year and then getting 2 personal fouls that put the Stealers in FG range. Fuck Dalton. Easily the worst RB/DB/LB/PK in the league.

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Yep, I'm still pissed at him for fumbling the ball last year and then getting 2 personal fouls that put the Stealers in FG range. Fuck Dalton. Easily the worst RB/DB/LB/PK in the league.

Dont forget DE/DT, (giving up over 150 yards per game in the first 4 playoff games of his career)

7 hours ago, LostInDaJungle said:

Even worse than Alex Smith.

Archived