Vontaze Burfict Vs. Stealers Thread

49 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

That's nice but it's a bit more complex than that. When were those penalties called and under what circumstances?  With a lead, trailing, 1st quarter or 4th? 1st down or 3rd down? 

You're convinced the NFL is legit; cool. I'm sure their independent neurologists would agree.

It may or may not be. You have absolutely zero proof that select teams are disadvantaged in the situations you listed. At this point, you haven't even presented anecdotal evidence. All you're doing is racking your brain to tr and figure out why your favorite football team doesn't win. I think you should start by looking at who leads your favorite football team. 

20 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

It may or may not be. You have absolutely zero proof that select teams are disadvantaged in the situations you listed. At this point, you haven't even presented anecdotal evidence. All you're doing is racking your brain to tr and figure out why your favorite football team doesn't win. I think you should start by looking at who leads your favorite football team. 

:facepalm:

3 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Embarrassing for who?

I find your unwavering belief in the NFL's integrity kind of amazing.  Goodell thanks you for your support.

3 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

It's not a zero sum game, but the whole premise of you'e complaining is based upon these calls having a discernible negative effect on the Bengals ability to win games. Prove it. 

This.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

:facepalm:

Ok man. I have pointed out that the Bengals are currently in between the Giants and Pats when it comes to penalties. Based upon your premise, those teams should be near the bottom of the league in flags. They are big market, high tv rating teams who are very successful. As you mentioned earlier, penalties have a discernible impact on a team's ability to win a game. So how can these teams win while the Bengals continue to lose in embarrassing fashion?

you then mentioned that it's not the number of penalties, but instead, when they are called. I'm just asking you to prove your point with tangible evidence. 

2 minutes ago, Madieu Superstar said:

Ok man. I have pointed out that the Bengals are currently in between the Giants and Pats when it comes to penalties

So what? I already pointed out the difference in calling something in the 1st quarter with no score vs the 4th quarter & the game on the line, but you choose to ignore all that in favor of saying the same shit over and over.  OK, great, you think the NFL is completely fair and the refs 100% accurate in their calls.  Good for you.  I think that's ridiculous, but whatever.  Let it go.

47 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

So what? I already pointed out the difference in calling something in the 1st quarter with no score vs the 4th quarter & the game on the line, but you choose to ignore all that in favor of saying the same shit over and over.  OK, great, you think the NFL is completely fair and the refs 100% accurate in their calls.  Good for you.  I think that's ridiculous, but whatever.  Let it go.

You've certainly pointed your finger at a lot of things. Unfortunately you've provided evidence for none of it. 

I just hate that even the slightest bit of energy is being wasted by blaming ANYONE other than this franchise's leadership. They are 100% to blame for where this team currently stands, which is is old, stale, and bad. 

11 hours ago, Madieu Superstar said:

You've certainly pointed your finger at a lot of things. Unfortunately you've provided evidence for none of it. 

I just hate that even the slightest bit of energy is being wasted by blaming ANYONE other than this franchise's leadership. They are 100% to blame for where this team currently stands, which is is old, stale, and bad. 

All of this.

Like I said, there will be a day the Bengals finally win a Superbowl, and T-Dubb and those like him will have a hard time explaining how the league let us do it.

15 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

All of this.

Like I said, there will be a day the Bengals finally win a Superbowl, and T-Dubb and those like him will have a hard time explaining how the league let us do it.

I don't think he'll have that problem for a while. Unless we finally get a coach that's good enough to win despite the league's efforts.

On 12/21/2016 at 7:26 PM, T-Dub said:

There it is from a Steeler's fan, but some of you will still puff up your chests with this "MANLY MAN!" bullshit. Gotta say it sounds like the overcompensating type that'd sucker punch someone in the dick during a beer league softball game and then tell them to stop whining.

More painful truth.

You must have played against me this summer, sorry about that I was going thru a rough patch at home with the wife and kids. 

As for the conspiracy theories, I do believe the NFL like any business wants to make as much money as possible and will do whatever it can ensure that it will happen. The facts are they will make more money if a big market team wins more games and TV ratings will be higher if they are in playoffs, i.e. a Steeler vs. Raiders playoff game will draw more viewers than a Jacksonville vs. Cincinnati playoff game. However, I don't think they do as much as some think by influencing the outcome of the games. The Jags and Bengals won't be playing in the playoffs because they are poorly coached, not because the refs cheated them every game they lost. 

This is really not that hard...unless one is of the NFL is completely legit belief mode.

if one watches the NBA, they will see the NFL in the toddler stages. As T-Dub says with the timings of the dynamic of calls/non calls: in the NBA, it is just a more developed version. Calls in favor of the non-favored franchise usually happen in the first an third quarters; favored franchises late second and mid-to late fourth quarters. Star players get the calls non-stop, but always in the late fourth. Non-favored home teams get a little break overall, but favored franchises at home are almost automatic--especially in the playoffs.

Several referees acknowledged this about 10 years ago, and we're unceremoniously booted from the league.

Differnt dynamics for different leagues, but anyone who says it doesn't take place, is rather naive.

Archived