Mike Fucking Brown

Whats up with all of the "we can't sign corey simon, we can't afford him" posts? The deal is, Mike Brown has you all brainwashed! Every year we seem to be "right up against the cap". Remember Warren Sapp? We couldn't afford him some thought, then we made him an offer. What happened next???? Oakland, with less cap than us signed him. This year, Oakland signed Randy Moss and Jerry porter and LaMont Jordan. Washington signs BIG TIME free agents EVERY YEAR and they are 'right against the cap'. You can sign big tier free agents and be 'against the cap'. You BACKLOAD THE CONTRACT. Big money up front, with small base salary in the first year. The signing bonus gets spread out over the whole contract in respect to the cap.

Check this out (not as a gauge for Corey Simon just how it works)

10 million signing bonus

1st year - 1 Million salary (3 million cap hit)

2nd year - 2 million salary (4 million cap hit)

3rd year - 4 million salary (6 million cap hit)

4th year - what ever salary (that salary + the signing bonus/number of years - for cap hit)

5th year - see year four

With a Back-Loaded Contract, the Bengals could sign his ass. 3 Million in cap room??? Cut Warrick and Clemons. The cap hits get bigger in the future but fuck that for now. When his cap hit gets too high vs his production, cut Corey Simon. Its that simple. IF Mike Brown wrote a big enough check, Corey Simon could be here, plain and simple.

Mike Fucking Brown has people thinking it is not a good idea to backload by saying that we will never be in cap hell. He just doesn't want to shell out big money. Furthermore WHAT GOOD IS IT TO NOT BEing IN CAP HELL IF WE CAN'T GO TO A FUCKING PLAYOFF GAME. THIS SHIT IS WHY THE BENGALS HAVE BEEN A JOKE FOR SO LONG. I WANT A FUCKING WINNING TEAM, IF THAT MEANS BACKLOADING A BIG CONTRACT TO COREY SIMON FUCKING DO IT MIKE BROWN.

Sorry if I am going on a big rant, but the Bengals need this kind of guy to sign here not only to help the team right now, but so big free agents will come in the future.

Also, those that say JTML is better than Corey Simon, get your fucking head out of your ass. The Bengals have no players on D in the same ball park as this guy except maybe M. Williams who is getting there.

Guest BengalsOwn
Yeah, cut Simon and have 7 million in dead cap space the next season, not re-sign our young star LT, LG, DE, trade CJ when he wants more money,

I agree and I think it might happen. In January someone in a press conference asked Marvin about Corey Simon and he said that he would love to have him and with Marvin seeing how bad our Defense has been this preseason he might confront Mike Brown about it and have him signed.

You win in this league through draft picks and not overpaying guys.

No one is getting on the Eagles case for not signing this guy. In this league with a cap, you just can't do these types of things. Trust me, I would love to have Simon, but not for the price he is asking for.

By the way, JT and Robinson, especially the latter, have done extremely well this preseason.

Guest BengalsOwn
This thread really shows your ignorance when it comes to how teams are ran in the NFL.

Go back to mikebrownsucks.com and join the rest of the retards.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_NJ' date='Aug 29 2005, 02:42 PM']You win in this league through draft picks and not overpaying guys.

No one is getting on the Eagles case for not signing this guy. In this league with a cap, you just can't do these types of things. Trust me, I would love to have Simon, but not for the price he is asking for.

By the way, JT and Robinson, especially the latter, have done extremely well this preseason.
[right][post="137333"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Exactly------------------just look at the examples that were used. Washington/Oakland and where are they?????????????

Stick with the plan and reap the benefits.

If you NE was outlined as to doing this----then I might say maybe, they are not. They let those big money guys walk as they draft and develop their replacements. When they do go and get someone, it is done in a cap friendly deal---or THEY DON'T DO IT

Guest bengalrick
it doesn't add up... its as simple as that... you figure out how we can make even 5 million of cap room, and i'll start listening... until then:

WE CAN'T FUCKING SIGN COREY SIMON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BengalDude' date='Aug 29 2005, 12:37 PM']Whats up with all of the "we can't sign corey simon, we can't afford him" posts?  The deal is, Mike Brown has you all brainwashed!  Every year we seem to be "right up against the cap".  Remember Warren Sapp?  We couldn't afford him some thought, then we made him an offer.  What happened next????  Oakland, with less cap than us signed him.  This year, Oakland signed Randy Moss and Jerry porter and LaMont Jordan.  Washington signs BIG TIME free agents EVERY YEAR and they are 'right against the cap'.  You can sign big tier free agents and be 'against the cap'.  You BACKLOAD THE CONTRACT.  Big money up front, with small base salary in the first year.  The signing bonus gets spread out over the whole contract in respect to the cap.[right][post="137325"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You`re dumbass.
Mike Brown doesn`t have me brainwashed.
Your hate for Mike Brown has you blinded though.
Like it has already been stated...Philly let this guy walk.
They got ZERO in return for him. They have went to 5 straight
NFC Championship games and a Super Bowl.
If the Bengals make a move like that they`re "cheap".
But since the Eagles made a move like that they`re "smart".

[quote]Sorry if I am going on a big rant, but the Bengals need this kind of guy to sign here not only to help the team right now, but so big free agents will come in the future.[/quote]

Yeah all of those Free Agents the Redskins signed put them
right into the Playoffs didn`t it ?

[quote]Also, those that say JTML is better than Corey Simon, get your fucking head out of your ass.  The Bengals have no players on D in the same ball park as this guy except maybe M. Williams who is getting there.[/quote]

I haven`t seen anyone say that JT is BETTER.
I will say that JT is pretty good and VERY under rated.
If he played on a top 5 Defense his number would have
put him in the Pro Bowl. He had better stats than the DT`s
that did go. And he didn`t have a Pat Williams, Ted Washington
or any other blocker eating Tackle playing beside him...
Marvin Lewis drafted ZERO DT`s and added Bryan
Robinson to take Tony Williams place.

John Thornton was one of the first players that
Marvin Lewis signed when he first became the Head Coach.
I think he knows what he is doing...I can`t say the same for you.

Here put this in your signature to warn people from now on...

[img]http://www.d.umn.edu/~pete2358/pictures/warning%20-%20moron%20posting.jpg[/img]

[quote]Yeah all of those Free Agents the Redskins signed put them
right into the Playoffs didn`t it ?[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Classic. :headbang:

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' date='Aug 29 2005, 02:00 PM']Your type of philosophy would have us looking like the Titans in 2-3 years. You say fuck Mike Brown, I say fuck you.
[right][post="137347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Man, I would take one Super Bowl run and and some decent seasons (like the Titans in the late 90's) instead of perrenial shitty teams with a "good cap situation".

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' date='Aug 29 2005, 03:00 PM'][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/brad3261/forum/stupidpeeps.jpg[/img]

Your type of philosophy would have us looking like the Titans in 2-3 years. You say fuck Mike Brown, I say fuck you.
[right][post="137347"][/post][/right][/quote]
LOL, I must say that I really love this post, I am recovering from spinal surgery and I swear I almost busted my stitches after I read this....great post man :headbang:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Aug 29 2005, 01:53 PM']This thread really shows your ignorance when it comes to how teams are ran in the NFL.

Go back to mikebrownsucks.com and join the rest of the retards.
[right][post="137342"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' date='Aug 29 2005, 02:00 PM'][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/brad3261/forum/stupidpeeps.jpg[/img]

Your type of philosophy would have us looking like the Titans in 2-3 years. You say fuck Mike Brown, I say fuck you.
[right][post="137347"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Well, Mike Brown is cheap as hell. But, he is loyal and we probably will throw this money at Justin Smith, big Willie, and giving more money to Chad (even though we should let them walk and trade Chad). The Patriots are smart because they cut ties with people when they have to, we don't. They also pick up free agents at the league minimum because they win...no one at the end of their career is coming to Cinci for a deal because we haven't won anything in years.

But for Simon, I say we roll the dice and get him. If it hurts are cap and we can't sign a few people oh well at least we put the best team out there for 2005 when we have a chance to be special. A strong playoff run will do much more for this franchise then signing all of our free agents next year (all we need are the young o-lineman, all the D players due up next year can let the door hit them on the way out)

Everyone can post a big picture that says dumbass and moron. Thats great, you've really won at life today. The point is, if we can't sign big time free agents, the Bengals will never get over the hump. Oakland as an example, they were in the Super Bowl not too long ago and are a contender this year. The Redskins got a lot of talent and gave it to Steve frickin Spurrier, nuff said. Turn us into the Titans???? I would love to go into cap hell in say 4-5 years AFTER going to a FUCKING SUPER BOWL and the play offs and winning all of those home games for like 4 fucking years in a row. As for the Patriots, they do draft well, but they get big names to fill holes as well. Take a look at guys like say Rodney Harrison or Corey Dillion.

The faith in Mike Brown is disturbing, he has put Cincinnati football fans through Hell. Anyone here a fan of Mike Brown draft picks like Akili Smith, Kijana Carter????? How about big time free agents like Tony Williams, boy he was a force.... The point is, with Mike Brown around we will never be in cap hell, and we will never have a player like Corey Simon (unless drafted). Go back to posting cute little pictures.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BengalDude' date='Aug 29 2005, 10:27 PM']Everyone can post a big picture that says dumbass and moron.  Thats great, you've really won at life today.  The point is, if we can't sign big time free agents, the Bengals will never get over the hump.  Oakland as an example, they were in the Super Bowl not too long ago and are a contender this year.  The Redskins got a lot of talent and gave it to Steve frickin Spurrier, nuff said.  Turn us into the Titans????  I would love to go into cap hell in say 4-5 years AFTER going to a FUCKING SUPER BOWL and the play offs and winning all of those home games for like 4 fucking years in a row.  As for the Patriots, they do draft well, but they get big names to fill holes as well.  Take a look at guys like say Rodney Harrison or Corey Dillion.

The faith in Mike Brown is disturbing, he has put Cincinnati football fans through Hell.  Anyone here a fan of Mike Brown draft picks like Akili Smith, Kijana Carter?????  How about big time free agents like Tony Williams, boy he was a force....  The point is, with Mike Brown around we will never be in cap hell, and we will never have a player like Corey Simon (unless drafted).  Go back to posting cute little pictures.
[right][post="137792"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you build a great team around great drafts (see the past 3 years... thank you marvin) and LOWER PRICED, SERVICEABLE free agents... sure the pats needed a rb so they traded w/ us for corey, and they picked up harrison, but they also let go a very good saftey (name is elluding me right now)... they have mostly drafted well and got guys that WANT to play for them...

if Simon wants to come here, and take an ego check (b/c we aren't paying him top 3 dt money) then i'll welcome it w/ open arms... if we mortgage the future, for one guy, i'll be pissed... especially while keanu reeves is now our starting safety [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/31.gif[/img]

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Aug 29 2005, 10:31 PM']man.. brain washed with reality... i sure wish we had an owner who sold out the entire franchise on a few players so we have no chance in hell 3-7 years from now to even compete...
[right][post="137795"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Please...the Patriots model only works when you have FOOTBALL people making decisions not an owner, his daughter, and son in law. There is a big difference between being in "cap hell" and signing a premier player.

Archived