Top 10 picks

31 minutes ago, spicoli said:

So in other words...if  they don't sign a big name FA on day one, they might as well not even bother after that....does that sum it up?

I think his point is that the official day 1 is pure bs and that agents and GMs have been working these deals for quite some time.  We are probably closer to day 10 at this point now that everyone knows who is available. 

36 minutes ago, SF2 said:

I think his point is that the official day 1 is pure bs and that agents and GMs have been working these deals for quite some time.  We are probably closer to day 10 at this point now that everyone knows who is available. 

fair enough

1 hour ago, SF2 said:

Correct. It's like free agency has been accelerated substantially. And with two days in the books and "official" free agency starting tomorrow...what players of any substance at the Bengals two glaring areas of need are available? KJ Wright and Daryl Williams. The rest are, at best, very borderline upgrades to two units that were ranked as some of the worst in the league. That puts a lot of pressure on the draft and again, doesn't allow much deviation from either OT or LB in the first and likely second rounds.

I get it. It's the Bengals way. Sleep in for a few days and then sign a guy like Brandon Marshall and get Hobson to write a puff piece about how he has a kitten sanctuary at his house where he nurses strays back to health.

I'm usually all about building through the draft and retaining your own but, the Bengals had a few huge misses in the draft in recent years which should have them looking to add at a higher level. Hey, I'm not freaking out. I'm just disappointed in the business as usual approach.

A lot of years, it’s fair to get all hot and bothered about the Bengals’ inactivity.

Frankly, this is a garbage free agent class. Look no further than Darqueze Dennard. The Bengals’ third best corner is a top fifty free agent. Meh.

I wouldn’t give three shits if the Bengals let him go. So I’m certainly not going to get fired up about them not dropping $18mil/year on Trey Flowers.

The Bobby Hart signing is a head scratcher, except that the new regime apparently likes the dude. “Why?” Is beyond me. But whatever. $7mil for a tackle is not frontline money. If he’s their sixth lineman, then cool. If the staff actually gets him to play well, that’s even better. If he’s buried on the depth chart, the contract sucks.

I like the deal for Uzomah.

Preston Brown? Probably. Sportrac shows it’s a one year deal but hasn’t posted the value. Anybody know what he got?

Sent from my iPhone using Go-Bengals.com mobile app

5 minutes ago, Big Alice said:

A lot of years, it’s fair to get all hot and bothered about the Bengals’ inactivity.

Frankly, this is a garbage free agent class. Look no further than Darqueze Dennard. The Bengals’ third best corner is a top fifty free agent. Meh.

I wouldn’t give three shits if the Bengals let him go. So I’m certainly not going to get fired up about them not dropping $18mil/year on Trey Flowers.

The Bobby Hart signing is a head scratcher, except that the new regime apparently likes the dude. “Why?” Is beyond me. But whatever. $7mil for a tackle is not frontline money. If he’s their sixth lineman, then cool. If the staff actually gets him to play well, that’s even better. If he’s buried on the depth chart, the contract sucks.

I like the deal for Uzomah.

Preston Brown? Probably. Sportrac shows it’s a one year deal but hasn’t posted the value. Anybody know what he got?

3 years $21M with incentives.  I don't hate it if they tell him to get down to 235.

This is a weak free agent class though.

Starting to look pretty unlikely the Bengals will upgrade much at OT or LB in free agency. My first choice if available is Devin White followed by Dillard or Ford. Can't see any way, at this juncture, that they can select anything but OT or LB in the first and maybe second rounds.

Dillard is a left tackle and we need a right tackle so I would go Jawaan Taylor

9 hours ago, BengalBuckeye said:

Dillard is a left tackle and we need a right tackle so I would go Jawaan Taylor.

Taylor will go top 10 as the first OL off the board, IMO.

If we take a OT at 11, my money would be on Dillard.

Archived