Republicans

MichaelWeston

3 hours ago, kennethmw said:

I'll be voting Biden.  As i told my sons, Vote Biden in 2024 and then we'll be able to vote for a younger person in 2028, or don't vote or vote DRUMF and we'll never have to worry about voting again.  Said I would never buy an AR, but with the ignorance in America today, there is now one in the gun safe.  They are now calling Johnson a RINO because he wants to keep the government running.  😒

Why is Biden automatically the candidate?

Feel ya on the rest of it though. I'm not 100% certain there's going to be an election in November with the way things are going now.  There's no telling what the Qult are likely to do if their orange messiah faces consequences for his actions for the first time in his life. They've already called in bomb threats to several people involved in his current trial.  Eventually one of those won't just be a threat.

We've had our heads in the sand about domestic terrorism for decades & it's reaching a point where we won't be able to ignore it any longer.  Meanwhile they've had decades to stockpile weapons and organize while we pretended it wasn't a problem since most of them are white guys.  I fear it's going to get much worse before it gets better, or possibly just get much worse.

Basically I think everyone cheered for an authoritarian police state after 9/11 while feeding the Constitution through a paper shredder, and it turned us into a bunch of bloodthirsty jingoistic bootlickers.  We either roll back that Patriot Act shit & everything that came with it, go back to being a first world educated nation, or we continue goosestepping right over the cliff.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Trump took 98 of 99 counties in Iowa.

Haley took one.

No way is she overtaking Trump.

Maybe DeSantis but neither really have a chance.

Oh I'm not voting for any Republican and actively hoping for Trump to go to jail, but I'm saying Haley has the money to stay in it, and will until Super Tuesday.

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Agree about Haley.

New Hampshire she bows out.

Trump has as much chance of going to jail as you or I.

He'll win the night nominee by a landslide like never before.

Democrats only hope are  these kangaroo courts that meaning nothing to his popularity now.

10 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

1 hour ago, Jamie_B said:

image.png

That’s what I was saying to my husband the other night when he was devouring the results. Aside from being first in the nation, why is Iowa so important? They only have 40 delegates, it’s not winner takes all, and less than 20% of registered Republicans came out to vote. 

3 minutes ago, Shebengal said:

That’s what I was saying to my husband the other night when he was devouring the results. Aside from being first in the nation, why is Iowa so important? They only have 40 delegates, it’s not winner takes all, and less than 20% of registered Republicans came out to vote. 

Ted Cruz won Iowa in 2016. 

2 minutes ago, claptonrocks said:

Braggart...😎

:lol:

It was just obvious, she has money, he doesn't.

Trump may still likely win the nomination but Haley won't drop out until Super Tuesday if she doesn't catch up.

• Upvote 1

On 1/21/2024 at 12:31 PM, claptonrocks said:

Good points..

Trump will win the nomination regardless.

What happens if he's removed from the ballot in key states for the traitor to his country temper tantrum insurrection stuff?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T-Dub said:

What happens if he's removed from the ballot in key states for the traitor to his country temper tantrum insurrection stuff?

I think SCOTUS is likely going to overturn that.

I also think the fake elector case is the one that is the most serious and very well may keep him from being able to win anything. 

5 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

I think SCOTUS is likely going to overturn that.

I also think the fake elector case is the one that is the most serious and very well may keep him from being able to win anything. 

I seriously doubt his ability to get reelected either way.  The insurrection turned off a large part of the actual conservative wing of the party which remains the majority.  What they have left are the wingnuts, flat-earthers, white supremacists and religious kooks.  They feel like a majority because they're louder than everyone else.  In reality they are a temper tantrum just like their Dear Leader, a last gasp turd desperate to leave streaks in the bowl on their way down the drain of history.

The only path to victory I see for him is if Biden were to do something stupid like steadfastly support an ongoing genocide despite broad popular dissent among his base & split the Democratic vote towards a progressive 3rd party candidate.

Surely he's not that ignorant, right?

:ninja:

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, T-Dub said:

I seriously doubt his ability to get reelected either way.  The insurrection turned off a large part of the actual conservative wing of the party which remains the majority.  What they have left are the wingnuts, flat-earthers, white supremacists and religious kooks.  They feel like a majority because they're louder than everyone else.  In reality they are a temper tantrum just like their Dear Leader, a last gasp turd desperate to leave streaks in the bowl on their way down the drain of history.

The only path to victory I see for him is if Biden were to do something stupid like steadfastly support an ongoing genocide despite broad popular dissent among his base & split the Democratic vote towards a progressive 3rd party candidate.

Surely he's not that ignorant, right?

:ninja:

I think you underestimate how many will hold their nose and vote for him. 

But I also think he is now as hated as Hillary was on the other side.

I'm not sure how many people will be voting for Biden so much as voting against Trump.

5 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I think you underestimate how many will hold their nose and vote for him. 

But I also think he is now as hated as Hillary was on the other side.

I'm not sure how many people will be voting for Biden so much as voting against Trump.

Think that was largely true the first time.  It confuses the hell out of the Trumpers like "well you suck Biden's balls so my ball-sucking doesn't count BOTH SIDES!!!1" not realizing that very few people are actually fans of Biden.  It's just that Trump is a fucking delusional egomaniac owned by a hostile foreign power & a voting majority are able to recognize that basic fact.  They assume the opposition must be a rabid cult because they need to normalize being in a rabid cult over TFG.  Not being in a rabid cult is not considered as an option.

1 minute ago, T-Dub said:

Think that was largely true the first time.  It confuses the hell out of the Trumpers like "well you suck Biden's balls so my ball-sucking doesn't count BOTH SIDES!!!1" not realizing that very few people are actually fans of Biden.  It's just that Trump is a fucking delusional egomaniac owned by a hostile foreign power & a voting majority are able to recognize that basic fact.  They assume the opposition must be a rabid cult because they need to normalize being in a rabid cult over TFG.  Not being in a rabid cult is not considered as an option.

Which begs the question from then till now how many are not seeing the change they wanted in the past 4 years that they just dont vote.

I personally believe in the "It's the economy stupid" theory of voting. I think if the Fed makes rate cuts before the election Biden will get reelected.

22 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

Which begs the question from then till now how many are not seeing the change they wanted in the past 4 years that they just dont vote.

The lack of student debt relief and the lack of fight over Roe v Wade are going to hurt him.  Israel is going to hurt him.  I know a good number of people who are sick of US imperialism and refusing to participate.  I think people in general are sick of choosing a lesser evil.  That's still evil, after all.  Endorsing it becomes tiresome.

Dems are acting like Trump is so bad that they don't have to try.  It worked the last time but I'm not too sure about this time around.

• Upvote 1