Jump to content

We play Sunday night at 8:15


Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

They gave the primetime night games to primetime QBs ... 

 

Herbert, Burrow, and Brady. 

 

IMG_20230109_114124.jpg

 

 

FWIW I think every team in the AFC playoffs has primetime QBs. Jackson, Burrow, Herbert, Lawrence, Tagovailoa, Mahomes and Allen. This league is going to be very good for a very long time. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, GoBengals said:


Mira no surprise this fan base can’t comprehend the purpose of the oline scheme change. 
 

I mean an entire video broke it down. Phase by phase. 
 

still. Absolutely clueless. 
 

and yet find themselves so sure of it they they constantly repeat it. 
 

1. oline schemes vary to send help where the defense shows pressure or a blitz or a mismatch. 
 

2. the bengals oline had a few weaknesses. Volson sucks. Jonah is on island next to suck volson and gets beat by superior talent 1on1(which is logical) and then collins coming off back surgery and limited offseason work seemed a bit stiff. 
 

3. so they design a scheme to automatically crack all help to the left and giving collins the big gap on the right. So if they were going to have a weakness they could choose for it to be on the right. And with the gap collins had the leverage to crack inside and stop the gap and the extra step outside so if he was going to get beat it forced it to be on the outside and where burrow could see it coming. 
 

and this crowd just mashing keyboards with their tongue slobbering in the keys “aPaRreNtlTy cOlLiNs so bAD hEfAiLs blah blah blah”

 

ffs. 
 

completely ignoring the reality of the entire scheme and taking one couch sentence out of context and just fucking running with it. 
 

Jesus Christ. 
 

no one cares about actual football anymore. Everyone just wants to bitch and pint fingers and have no clue. 
 

the football forum is just the political forum with stripes in it. 
 

insufferable. 

Yea yea, everyone's a big dumbass except for you. Keep treating this as your personal outhouse, drive-by shitting on the iDiOt fAns hurdurr once a week. Hope it makes you feel better about whatever else you clearly have going on. Sincerely.

 

So you agree Jonah is half-ass, Collins sucks (for excuses excuses blah blah), and then there's Volson who I can only imagine kicked your dog or something (or you need a new scapegoat IDFK) - so the scheme was adjusted to try and cover up their suck? Right? What am I missing, oh enlightened one?

 

JFC dude there's your everyday condescending and then here's you on a pedestal of your own bullshit. Pretend you're anyonebut yourself and reread any of your recent posts. Like, pick one at random. Cringe.

 

SMH. Insufferable is right.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/9/2023 at 10:13 AM, High School Harry said:

I don't like it but does not completely suck ass because

the long range weather does not look horrible and

Monday is a national holiday so I don't have to get

up and be semi conscious at work.

 

Seeing that the super-duper halftime show looks to add likely a half-hour to the event length. 

 

Now, I get that the SB has an extended halftime in order to get stages up, performers performing, and tear everything back down. I looked to see what it is for NFL postseason in general:

 

How Long is Halftime During NFL Playoff Games?

 

"Halftime is 13 minutes during playoff games"

That is the same as the regular season. How is Bootsy and the Ohio Players going to get theirs in on Sunday night? 

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Seeing that the super-duper halftime show looks to add likely a half-hour to the event length. 

 

Now, I get that the SB has an extended halftime in order to get stages up, performers performing, and tear everything back down. I looked to see what it is for NFL postseason in general:

 

How Long is Halftime During NFL Playoff Games?

 

"Halftime is 13 minutes during playoff games"

That is the same as the regular season. How is Bootsy and the Ohio Players going to get theirs in on Sunday night? 

  

:shrug:  and I gave my ticket to my son to take his girlfriend.  Second thoughts because it sounds like it might turn into footbrawl.

And I think TE Andrews may be more of a problem than Lemar Jackson.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Seeing that the super-duper halftime show looks to add likely a half-hour to the event length. 

 

Now, I get that the SB has an extended halftime in order to get stages up, performers performing, and tear everything back down. I looked to see what it is for NFL postseason in general:

 

How Long is Halftime During NFL Playoff Games?

 

"Halftime is 13 minutes during playoff games"

That is the same as the regular season. How is Bootsy and the Ohio Players going to get theirs in on Sunday night? 

  

From what I've heard there's one song each. Bootsy "Fear Da Tiger" and Ohio Players with "Fire", time to add a little hype and they should get it done within 10 minutes or so. The halftime show has been taking place on the Ruler throne stage behind 152, so setup/tear down shouldn't be an issue?

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

:shrug:  and I gave my ticket to my son to take his girlfriend.  Second thoughts because it sounds like it might turn into footbrawl.

And I think TE Andrews may be more of a problem than Lemar Jackson.

Maybe they didn't call it because he's using the hand that he blew a few fingers off a couple years ago lighting fireworks, guessing no one had half a flag? :rolleyes:

 

(referring to HSH's picture)

Edited by MOC
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

:shrug:  and I gave my ticket to my son to take his girlfriend.  Second thoughts because it sounds like it might turn into footbrawl.

And I think TE Andrews may be more of a problem than Lemar Jackson.

Flowers should do okay with Andrews if he gets past Pratt or Wilson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MOC said:

From what I've heard there's one song each. Bootsy "Fear Da Tiger" and Ohio Players with "Fire", time to add a little hype and they should get it done within 10 minutes or so. The halftime show has been taking place on the Ruler throne stage behind 152, so setup/tear down shouldn't be an issue?

That makes sense. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, High School Harry said:

The earlier the better.  The place is packed and a mad house trying to get in.

Surprisingly civilized but a real mob scene.

Is it ever. Between the festivals of Rome/midway environ on Freedom Way and the entrance, you are still wading through the new mall-like experience of these food/drink/merchandise kiosks (complete with hawkers) even after leaving the Banks. 
 

On the plus side, however, I have noticed that the security and ticket-takers have become quite good at moving bodies through faster. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Le Tigre said:

Is it ever. Between the festivals of Rome/midway environ on Freedom Way and the entrance, you are still wading through the new mall-like experience of these food/drink/merchandise kiosks (complete with hawkers) even after leaving the Banks. 
 

On the plus side, however, I have noticed that the security and ticket-takers have become quite good at moving bodies through faster. 

Last week while in line waiting for the gates to open, one of the Security guys came out

and walked up to a little boy in front of me and gave him one of those commemorative rings

they were giving season ticket holders before the season.  Pretty cool.

 

Personal pique... when there are that many people lined up out there, it would not kill them to open the gates 10-15 minutes early.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Personal pique... when there are that many people lined up out there, it would not kill them to open the gates 10-15 minutes early.

With you there. Night games are the worst.

 

Figure I will need to be there an additional 10-15 minutes earlier. 
 

The Banks will be a drunken mess still at that time…maybe can slip in before that torrent gets to the gates

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...