• Jim LeClair
    • Glenn Cameron
    • Vontaze Burficot
    • Logan Wilson
    • Joe Kelly
    • Rey Maualuga
    • Brian Simmons

14 hours ago, Shebengal said:

Which raises a question. If Burfict had played in the 70’s or even the 80’s, would he have been suspended as much, or penalized as much, or fined as much? A lot of what is considered dirty now was considered hard nosed in those eras.

If he played for the Stealers instead of the Bengals he would be a national hero, look at Ryan Shazier. 

Burfict teamed up with Reggie Williams and Takeo Spikes is a hell of LB corp...

I say we get 1 more LB case we want to run a 3-4 alignment, and throw Logan Wilson in there for some diversity..lol

On 7/18/2023 at 2:29 PM, BlackJesus said:

Antonio Brown

... Burfict might be the only LB in NFL history where when he hits you, you are at risk of becoming a different person.

You literally risk your existential being going across the middle on him. 

As he can knock the person-hood out of your body and you come back somebody else. 😎 

19 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Ray  M was kind of famous for tackles 4 yards from scrimmage and for filling the wrong holes leaving openings for opponents RBs. 

Another USC player that thought he was going to outclass everyone in the NFL just like he did in college,  Even back then you could see his tackling was shit against anyone he didn't outweigh by 50 lbs.  Think they judged that book by its cover when drafting him - he certainly looked the part but seemed like he needed to be shown where to line up half the time.

56 minutes ago, BlackJesus said:

... Burfict might be they only LB in NFL history where when he hits you, you are at risk of becoming a different person.

You literally risk your existential being going across the middle on him. 

As he can knock the person-hood out of your body and you come back somebody else. 😎 

Stealing this from another LB but when he hit you, you stayed hit.

1 hour ago, T-Dub said:

Another USC player that thought he was going to outclass everyone in the NFL just like he did in college,  Even back then you could see his tackling was shit against anyone he didn't outweigh by 50 lbs.  Think they judged that book by its cover when drafting him - he certainly looked the part but seemed like he needed to be shown where to line up half the time.

Maualuga was an absolute sledgehammer on some of the best run defenses the Bengals have ever had. He wasn’t going to make many tackles one-on-one but he could blow up an interior OL as well as anyone back in those days. 

59 minutes ago, spicoli said:

Maualuga was an absolute sledgehammer on some of the best run defenses the Bengals have ever had. He wasn’t going to make many tackles one-on-one but he could blow up an interior OL as well as anyone back in those days. 

I remember him getting washed out on any kind of counter play much more than I remember him blowing up RBs.  He would throw himself in there for sure but he didn't have a lot of moves or a nose for the ball. Granted that was some time ago and much of it I've tried to forget :Cereal_Guy-min:  Credit for him being a factor other teams had to account for at least.

Archived