Jefferson or Higgins: Who would you rather have? Worth a trade?

Jefferson vs Higgins  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Higgins for Jefferson right now?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If both were the same price in Free Agency, which player would you rather have?

• Jefferson
    • Higgins

* (Note: this is more a thought exercise than a serious proposal) *

1. It is no secret that Justin Jefferson is not happy in Minnesota. His rare talents are being wasted with Cousins at QB.

2. Meanwhile, Jefferson is watching his college teammates Burrow and Chase make it to Super Bowls and AFC Championships without him. 

3. Jefferson is on the last year of his deal and wants a new contract, but I am sure would also accept a trade to Cincinnati. 

4. The Bengals could never afford Chase, Higgins, and Jefferson. However, Higgins is also in the last year of his deal and has the same stubborn agent as Jessie Bates, who may be playing hardball.

5. Jefferson is the only WR the Bengals could get that would be an upgrade from Higgins.

6. So, what if Jefferson could be acquired for the same price as Higgins, because he would take a "Shiesty discount" to be reunited with his friends that he formed the greatest offense in college history with?

7. Should the Bengals consider trading Higgins for Jefferson straight up? If Minnesota knows that Jefferson will leave them anyway, then they might want to at least get a fairly comparable WR now for him and cut their losses. 

8. The risk is that trading Higgins for Jefferson would not go over well with the Bengals locker room and create more damage than it is worth with internal cohesion. I guess there is also the argument that Higgins compliments Chase better than Jefferson would (though I don't buy that argument, and think they have shown they are unstoppable together). 

9. So with all that said, would you hypothetically pull the trigger and do it?

10. If no trade, then there is always the possibility that both WRs play out this year, and Higgins leaves Cincy and Jefferson comes to Cincy anyway. 

** (Let me clarify by saying I want Higgins to sign an extension. But if his agent won't do a deal, then alternatives must be considered) **

• Upvote 1

I voted Yes for both...but...is it just my opponents bias or does Jefferson seem like much more of a Diva and "me first" than anyone we have?  The locker room is so strong and cohesive now, so I would worry that someone who is more "me first" would really upset that dynamic.  Jungle also brings up a great point about Higgins providing diversity in comparison to Jefferson and rest of our WR group.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, stryker57 said:

why would anyone want to trade a highly talented team 1st WR  for one that just announced, he wasnt playing because he didnt get an extension?

tired of not having crybaby me 1st players? 

100%. This is stupid. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, BlackJesus said:

🧐

FB_IMG_1691794683976.jpg

Jefferson is a top 5 receiver and worthy of a huge extension.

He and Chase

may be 27-30 mil players..

Both.may looking for 5 yr deals

Believe Tee comes in around

22.5.. possible 4yrs.90mil..

Keep Tee..

He's AJ Green all over again.

• Like 2