Bengals Hoping Stronger, Leaner Cordell Volson Propels Run Game Forward This Season

3 hours ago, PatternMaster said:

That is definitely an area of improvement for this franchise and it starts with Mike Brown

To me, this is everything. I became a very casual fan, who only occasionally checked to see if the Bengals had won a game I didn't even bother to watch, after years of watching Marvin start playing prevent defense at the start of the second half, and never taking calculated risks on offense. This happened over and over again. They'd dominate the first half, then piss it away like clockwork.  Then the inevitable , "we've got to be better, we've got to do better, we need to be more this, we need to be more that", press conferences. I know these guys devote a ton to football, but sometimes doing everything you can do and think of, isn't doing everything that needs to be done. Traditionally, the NFL has always been known as a very cut throat business where these shortcomings are addressed every week, but the staff of our franchise sometimes seem more secure and lethargic to change then tenured federal agency workers. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, IKOTA said:

Hahahahah I love this post so much 

It was Mixon saying the HoF stuff I believe but yeah…

Big talk for someone who won't be getting in without a ticket.

9 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

(snip) I'm more convinced this is a scouting issue, Pollack has produced good Olines before,  but its hard to turn chickenshit into chicken salad.

Same, who has he had to work with? The fact he has a 4th round pick capable of starting at all is something. Jonah was the last top pick I can think of and he had ketchup stains all over him, that wasn't Pollack's doing.

2 hours ago, I_C_Deadpeople said:

Mitch Hedberg - classic reference

Love, love, love Mitch Hedberg, saw him at Mershon Auditorium at OSU in 2005 about 2 months before he died.

I always think of this bit every time I buy donuts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, T-Dub said:

Big talk for someone who won't be getting in without a ticket.

Same, who has he had to work with? The fact he has a 4th round pick capable of starting at all is something. Jonah was the last top pick I can think of and he had ketchup stains all over him, that wasn't Pollack's doing.

So Pollack is doing a good job coaching up his oline?

And BTW..

Some big talk your saying on the matter who wouldn't get in without a ticket..😎

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, claptonrocks said:

I was a George Carlin fan.

I do enjoy good comedians..

Also top 5. There are probably 15 comedians I my top 5 😂 Carlin’s brilliance was that he told many uncomfortable truths regarding how this world works but infused his comedy to make it palatable. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, IKOTA said:

Also top 5. There are probably 15 comedians I my top 5 😂 Carlin’s brilliance was that he told many uncomfortable truths regarding how this world works but infused his comedy to make it palatable. 

Best description of George's comedy in along time...

Props.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, IKOTA said:

Yes..to top 5 with 15 nominees..in any raniking...

I've blues fan and even Mount Everest of bluesmen is impossible outside of Muddy BB and Wolf ..

Even that could be debateable....outside of Muddy.😎

• Upvote 1

When Joe Burrow is standing back there in the shotgun like a pigeon toilet

and there are seven guys rushing and blitzing tits to the wall only five Bengal O linemen

(Mixon is useless) Volson and the rest of them may tend to look bad.

20/20 Hindsight Bengals says it was foolish to put an injured player at quarterback

no matter what said injured quarterback says.

On 10/6/2023 at 9:56 PM, IKOTA said:

Sometimes.  

Saw a Carlin special from the 90s recently.  One topic was airport security and how it was stupid we had so much of it.   😳 That didn’t age well.