Rams Week And A Day

Aaron Donald expects no carryover vs. Bengals from last year’s helmet-swinging incident in practice

• By
  • Mike Florio
  • Published September 22, 2023 11:47 PM

The Rams and Bengals last met, officially, in Super Bowl LVI.

Unofficially, they had joint practices during training camp in 2022. One session sparked a specific incident in which Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald ended up securing a helmet from a Bengals player and swinging it violently into a scrum of bodies.

On Friday, a reporter asked Donald if there would be any “carryover” on Monday night from that melee.

“My main focus is trying to find a way to win a game,” Donald replied. “It isn’t about going out there trying to fight, physically fight, but with my pads we can do some fighting, but I’m just trying to play a game. Not trying to do anything dirty. I’m just here trying to do my job and win a game. That’s it.”

If anything like that were to happen in a game, there would be serious consequences — during the game and after it. Because the league (inexplicably) exercises no jurisdiction over joint practices during camp, there was no specific consequence for Donald at the time.

Thus, it’s highly unlikely we’ll see it again on Monday night. If we do, the Rams will be penalized, Donald will be ejected (unless the league office doesn’t have, you know, “100 percent” confirmation of the situation), and he could/should/would be suspended for one or more games after the game that will put a bow on Week 3 of the 2023 NFL regular season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-donald-expects-no-carryover-vs-bengals-from-last-years-helmet-swinging-incident-in-practice

1 hour ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

Aaron Donald expects no carryover vs. Bengals from last year’s helmet-swinging incident in practice

• By
  • Mike Florio

Unofficially, they had joint practices during training camp in 2022. One session sparked a specific incident in which Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald ended up securing a helmet from a Bengals player and swinging it violently into a scrum of bodies.

On Friday, a reporter asked Donald if there would be any “carryover” on Monday night from that melee.

“My main focus is trying to find a way to win a game,” Donald replied. “It isn’t about going out there trying to fight, physically fight, but with my pads we can do some fighting, but I’m just trying to play a game. Not trying to do anything dirty. I’m just here trying to do my job and win a game. That’s it.”

If anything like that were to happen in a game, there would be serious consequences — during the game and after it. Because the league (inexplicably) exercises no jurisdiction over joint practices during camp, there was no specific consequence for Donald at the time.

Thus, it’s highly unlikely we’ll see it again on Monday night. If we do, the Rams will be penalized, Donald will be ejected (unless the league office doesn’t have, you know, “100 percent” confirmation of the situation), and he could/should/would be suspended for one or more games after the game that will put a bow on Week 3 of the 2023 NFL regular season.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/aaron-donald-expects-no-carryover-vs-bengals-from-last-years-helmet-swinging-incident-in-practice

image.png.894c8889f6403bba2906f996f9d2f736.png

wmD0cQtJ_x96.jpg

Wow huge Bengals news AJ McCarron is here at the Bengals facility dressed in an orange jersey (No.4) with cleats and a football in hand He said he’s here to workout

:::::::::
Yeah, old news but anything involving Kelsey Conway is worth posting
She's such a bae!

18 minutes ago, High School Harry said:

wmD0cQtJ_x96.jpg

Wow huge Bengals news AJ McCarron is here at the Bengals facility dressed in an orange jersey (No.4) with cleats and a football in hand He said he’s here to workout

:::::::::
Yeah, old news but anything involving Kelsey Conway is worth posting
She's such a bae!

Equine fetish? 

11 hours ago, claptonrocks said:

Bonus his way if he can talk daddio coming to the Nati.

yes please.

7 hours ago, High School Harry said:

Joe was getting fashion advice from Mike Brown.

Told to me by a friend.

he should, short sleeve dress shirts are a lost art. my grandpa used to wear them, i love mike brown.

5 hours ago, Arkansas Bengal said:

• By
  • Mike Florio

fuck aaron donald

3 hours ago, Griever said:

good good

3 hours ago, Griever said:

i think(hope) we are all being too harsh on Irv, i feel as if he can have a CJ U type season, perhaps the combo of jo limited and him new to everything is holding it back. he should be better than he has been at least.

2 hours ago, Jamie_B said:

As a potential long term backup I don't hate that. 

im a fan. AJ2JC 

2 hours ago, UncleEarl said:

I don’t either.  Still, surprised.  Wonder if this isn’t a Mike Brown move?  I doubt Taylor and staff would want someone from the past coming in. 

i dont think AJ fits that mold, he was a backup and wasnt here a super long time. so he wasnt ingrained in the old anything really. but who knows.

1 hour ago, Griever said:

he is a fucking liar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1