NFL Flexing MNF games through end of season

8 hours ago, TigerJ@w said:

Of course they will do this since the Bengals don't have Burrow for one.  First time in History of the NFL doing this. Pathetic!  All about money. 

Well, yeah.  It is all about the money but the NFL is a business and in it for the money.

Not surprised they are doing this but at the same time I am surprised because of the

logistics that goes into it.  That said, I would prefer to watch the Bengals play the Jags

on Sunday afternoon than Monday night.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, High School Harry said:

Well, yeah.  It is all about the money but the NFL is a business and in it for the money.

Not surprised they are doing this but at the same time I am surprised because of the

logistics that goes into it.  That said, I would prefer to watch the Bengals play the Jags

Great point, then why schedule the games in the first place.  What about all of the ticket buyers that was preparing for this game in many ways.  They don't care. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Le Tigre said:

Same. Maybe…just maybe…Sunshine won’t be getting all of the calls he would have on a prime time game? 

Yeah…who am I kidding? 

Outside if the final 2 weeks, none of those games would pique NFL fans interest in the least.

I like flexing .💪

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, saphead said:

Fuck MNF anyway. By the time Monday night rolls around I'm on to the next week. I only watch if the Bengals are on

Sunday night and Carrie Underwear is where it' at. 

Agreed, ESPN'S production has always seemed really cut rate for some reason. Not preseason football like TNF, the games are usually competitive enough, but the TV broadcast quality overall kinda sloppy for being in HD. Picture is fine but  poor presentation.

On 11/21/2023 at 10:34 AM, TigerJ@w said:

Great point, then why schedule the games in the first place.  What about all of the ticket buyers that was preparing for this game in many ways.  They don't care. 

It can wreak havoc for fans who have hotel reservations that cannot be adjusted this late, especially if every desirable hotel is booked. And then there is the issue of time off work, etc.

On 11/21/2023 at 8:33 AM, High School Harry said:

While I sympathize with the fans as stated above, I agree that the Bengals have a better chance of winning a routine Sunday 1:00pm game than they do with the stadium rocking under the lights and with the Jaguars fully focused. Plus I hate for them to be in front of a national audience if they're going to suck.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1