Big people unite

MULLY

Guest BengalsOwn
I've lost a few pounds, not really trying very hard though.

I'd like to be around 170 eventually. That's a lot of weight to lose though.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='236540' date='Mar 22 2006, 10:12 AM']How you guys doing this week? This thread has slipped to page 2. I don't want anyone here to give up. Beotch? How ya doin'? Still hitting the treadmill? Man, I got some fucked up news tonight. My wife and I decided to try this Body For Life thing that was posted here. We went to the gym this evening and I finally was able to weigh myself. Hold on to your fucking horses. I weighed in at 363lbs. Fuck!! I don't feel that big and I know I don't look that big but damn it sure does hurt to see that number. Anyway, that really bummed the shit right outta me. I was down to 235 at one point. How the fuck did I rebound this bad? Well, the shit is on now, motherfucker!!! Watch for weekly updates because this fat bastard is taking it off!!!
MULLY[/quote]

Just eat Japanese food... no western food. we suck.

Nah, I'm going back to the diet for my hypoglycemia and sticking with that. Last time I did that diet I lost close to 100lbs in less than a year with very very little exercise. Nothing more than 20 minute walks every now and then. This time around though I'm going to the gym too and am going to build this into muscle. Watch out Arnold, I'm on my way.
MULLY
gonna take me a while to get there though hehe!!

I haven't resumed working out since the knee has been real sore. I got on the treadmill Saturday and the knee was REAL sore after. I'll have to find something else to do. Maybe invest in an exercise/stationery bike... I'm still sticking to the eating/diet thing. I did get into a battle with some choclate chip cookies... :( The cookies won.... :( :D

Good Luck Mully!! Kick Ass man!! Ya gotta have that attitude!!

I hadn't checked out this thread because the title seemed a little strange. I guess everyone has started, but I'm in. I'm about 255 and 5'10". I would love to be back down around 200. It is the heaviest I have weighed. If I lose it I don't think I'd be as tired and my knees wouldn't hurt as much. I'm really looking forward to the snow melting around here and being able to get on the bike. My plans so far:

1. Cut the diet soda and load up more on water. I hear that diet soda isn't good for you anyway.
2. Cut all that little crap that I say doesn't make a difference during the day.
3. Cut the Shamrock Shakes...they are damn tasty, but St. Patricks day is over.
4. Cut back on the cheese...I love cheese, but damn it isn't that good for you.
5. Start lifting lighter weights.
6. And trying to at least go for a walk 3 days a week...more than just a few minutes.

So Mully do I just send a blank email message to the yahoo account or what?

Guest ThurmanMunster
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='225020' date='Mar 1 2006, 11:18 PM']139/80 isn't bad. I think the 120's/80's range is average. Depending on how old you are that is.
MULLY[/quote]

139/80 is prehypertension, which isnt good either. The ideal BP is 118/78. The highest u wanna get to be considered in great condition is 129/89, above that is prehypertension, hypertension is at 140 which comes with a lot of negative health effects.

ya im a health major lol.

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='237005' date='Mar 23 2006, 12:19 PM'][quote name='Fulcher_33' post='225020' date='Mar 1 2006, 11:18 PM']
139/80 isn't bad. I think the 120's/80's range is average. Depending on how old you are that is.
MULLY[/quote]

139/80 is prehypertension, which isnt good either. The ideal BP is 118/78. The highest u wanna get to be considered in great condition is 129/89, above that is prehypertension, hypertension is at 140 which comes with a lot of negative health effects.

ya im a health major lol.
[/quote]

Don't forget age too. I'm 38 years old. For young people the average is around 120/80. For older people, probably much older than me, 140/90 is acceptable. In my original reply I wasn't saying it was great but 139/80 isn't anything dangerous. And we're not even sure if he had rested a full 5 minutes before checking it.
MULLY
Rock On!!! :headbang:

[quote name='Montana Bengal' post='236998' date='Mar 23 2006, 11:58 AM']I hadn't checked out this thread because the title seemed a little strange. I guess everyone has started, but I'm in. I'm about 255 and 5'10". I would love to be back down around 200. It is the heaviest I have weighed. If I lose it I don't think I'd be as tired and my knees wouldn't hurt as much. I'm really looking forward to the snow melting around here and being able to get on the bike. My plans so far:

1. Cut the diet soda and load up more on water. I hear that diet soda isn't good for you anyway.
2. Cut all that little crap that I say doesn't make a difference during the day.
3. Cut the Shamrock Shakes...they are damn tasty, but St. Patricks day is over.
4. Cut back on the cheese...I love cheese, but damn it isn't that good for you.
5. Start lifting lighter weights.
6. And trying to at least go for a walk 3 days a week...more than just a few minutes.

So Mully do I just send a blank email message to the yahoo account or what?[/quote]

I think you need to put subscribe in the body of the message. There's not much traffic going on at the moment. That's partly my fault. People would repy if I write more often. Gotta get my ass in gear.
MULLY

If you PM me your email address I can send an invite to you

Update this week:

Pretty much the same diet wise, had my one cheet day, and the rest was healthy choice lunches and either grilled chicken or shrimp sallads for dinner with two jimmy deans breakfast burritos for breakfast. Only monday I was rushed so I didnt eat anything for dinner and because I was rushed I forgot my badge to get into the gym, so I only did 3 days of the same workout again this week.

Put on half a pound. so now Im 5'9 170. Think it's probabally just gaining muscle as I added more weight to the weights on two different excersies last week. Like I said these last few lbs are gonna be the hardest to lose.

[b][size=7]I SUCK![/size][/b]

nah....just kiddin...I'm not doing as well as I'd like too....I did great on the tread mill
for a week then I a week went by and I didn't find time with extra work at night...
I'm doing groceries tonight and I'm going to go back to the Suzanne Somers method...

kind of corny, similar to Atkins but you can have carbs....some kind of European thing
where you keep certain foods seperate from each other... last time I did it, I lost like 29 lbs
then got pregnant....(maybe I shouldn't do this diet again!)

anyway, if anyone is interested, here is how it works...

RULES:

You can eat fat and proteins together but NO CARBS with that meal.

You can eat carbs but NO FAT or PROTEIN with that meal.

You may have fruit and eat as much as you want in the same sitting BUT YOU MUST NOT
EAT ANYTHING 2 HOURS PRIOR AND 2 HOURS AFTER and you can not eat anything
with the fruit....JUST FRUIT.

keep 2 hours between all meals

ALL CARBS MUST be good carbs....WHOLE WHEAT AND FRUIT

some foods are not permitted: carrots, nuts...foods that have both protein and carbs!
check your labels...if they were very low in protein and no carbs, I still used it.

and whenever you decide to
eat a carb meal, you will need to be creative because you can't use any FAT or PROTEIN
with it....

EXAMPLE:

I was cooking whole wheat pasta and putting fat free italian dressing on it...like a pasta salad
whole wheat bagels with fat free cream cheese (very little) or fat free butter...

pretty simple...I'd be happy to help if you have questions...just pm me...

My Update:

Working out has come to a halt because of the Real sore knee. I have still basically stuck to the basics of the diet with a little cheating here and there.... BUT I jumped on the scale this morning and I lost weight again!! I'm now down to 196lbs!! and I haven't even worked out in a week. That's 14lbs total so far... I have also lost 3" inches around my waist. I gave my self a week off with the knee (last week) but after seeing my progress I am motivated to hit the weights again starting Monday. Please Please let everything go ok.....

Anyone have any ideas on how or what I could do with a sore knee?? Some days it feels ok. Other days its real sore. It does feel somewhat better now that I have rested for a little over a week.

[quote name='TeeBengal' post='238512' date='Mar 26 2006, 11:47 AM']My Update:

Working out has come to a halt because of the Real sore knee. I have still basically stuck to the basics of the diet with a little cheating here and there.... BUT I jumped on the scale this morning and I lost weight again!! I'm now down to 196lbs!! and I haven't even worked out in a week. That's 14lbs total so far... I have also lost 3" inches around my waist. I gave my self a week off with the knee (last week) but after seeing my progress I am motivated to hit the weights again starting Monday. Please Please let everything go ok.....

Anyone have any ideas on how or what I could do with a sore knee?? Some days it feels ok. Other days its real sore. It does feel somewhat better now that I have rested for a little over a week.[/quote]

Just take it easy on any exercises that involve your knees until you get your weight down. You might want to ride the bike at the gym to give your legs some exercise. I wouldn't be doing any squats for a while.
MULLY

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='238407' date='Mar 26 2006, 07:10 AM'][b][size=7]I SUCK![/size][/b][/quote]

Come September I better see your ass wearing some of that Bengals gear you were talking about. No excuses, dammit!!!
MULLY
gotta be tough with you [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/33.gif[/img]

My weight loss has tapered off a bit. I suppose now I need to include an actual "diet" to help keep the pace up. All Ive been doing these past couple of weeks is do my exercises, bring a lunch, and not eat really late. Now instead of 2-3 lbs per week, its fallen off to 1-0.

Ive decided to eat more frequently and eat smaller. Also, Ive cut my carbs and increased my fiber intake. Instead of bringing a sandwhich, Ive started wrapping the lunch meat and cheese in a wheat tortilla. No more "Munchies" as a side item for lunch, but instead have some carrots and and apple, eating every 2-3 hrs throughout work. I eat pretty much the same thing everyday for lunch, but I really dont mind.

I was working out 2-3 times per week, pushing hard on the weights. Last week I decided to work out 4 times a week solid, putting 50 mins on the cardio w/ a heart rate of 120-150 bpm, then doing lifting w/ less weight more reps. I definantly see a difference in my body, and just about got my guns back <flexes>.

My new work out:
Stretching for 5 mins
Curls: 45lbs 3 sets of 15
Triceps: 130lbs 3 sets of 15
Bench: 185lbs 2 sets of 15, then drop it to 120 and rep out.
leg press: 315lbs 3 sets of 20
leg extensions: 90lbs 3 sets of 20
military press: 125lbs 3 sets of 15
abs: 3 different angles 3 sets of 20-25
50 mins of cardio
5 mins of stretching

I do 3-4 exercises right after each other working different muscle groups breaking only when I finish a set for each exercise. Example: 1 set of leg press, military press, biceps, crunches, rest etc. This makes my time there shorter, and I can still get all I can in. I dont work every muscle group every day, I just see how it feels. If Im still noticably sore, I wait until the next day. I do the cardio/crunches every time. I spend about an hour to an hour and a half in there.

Like I said, I just started this new regiment this past week. We'll see how it goes. I want to break the 300lb barrier by the first week of April.

Weeks update:

Same diet, with one day cheat.
Discouraged that I didnt lose but gained a half lb last week, I changed my excercise though, still the same on the weights, Im doing 15 min on the ellipitical, 15 on a bike, and 15 on a treadmill so as to mix it up. I also tried to do too much and strained my knee so I was only able to do 3 days again this week.

Am now at 169 down, down a lb from last week.

Next week will be tough as Im in training for most of it and its in a different location so excercise and lunch diet is pretty much going to be out. But bfast and dinner will be the same.

[quote name='TeeBengal' post='238512' date='Mar 25 2006, 07:47 PM']My Update:

Anyone have any ideas on how or what I could do with a sore knee?? Some days it feels ok. Other days its real sore. It does feel somewhat better now that I have rested for a little over a week.[/quote]

The thing that most will tell you is to just stay off of it or do low impact workouts. Like you said before, the stationary bike or elipical machine. A pool would probably be the best way to get it up to strength but many don't have access to one unless you are working out at a health club. You could also try to work out with simple Ace knee brace (the rubbery one). That should keep your knee warm and restrict you from pushing it too hard. You could also hit the hot tub after a workout but not eveyone has access to that too.

OK....got a full week under my belt now on my diet...not
weighing but noticed my work pants were not as tight...I'm in the groove....
I worked on my landscaping yesterday and did a 45 minute
hike with my sister....(my legs hurt!)

where is everyone????

MULLY ????

Keep it up beotch. I had to take last week off from working out and part of my diet.

1. Had training at work and wasnt at my normal location so working out was impossible
2. Didnt have access to a refrierator or microwave so I had to eat out for luches.

Put on a pound so Im back to 5'9 170.

Got back on the horse this week, Ill put the normal report up again friday.

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='247310' date='Apr 11 2006, 11:51 AM']OK....got a full week under my belt now on my diet...not
weighing but noticed my work pants were not as tight...I'm in the groove....
I worked on my landscaping yesterday and did a 45 minute
hike with my sister....(my legs hurt!)

where is everyone????

MULLY ????[/quote]

Here I am, babe. Sorry for not being around so much. The school year starts in April in Japan and I've been busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. For the record, I've been doing not so bad on watching my food, horrible on the exercise and ruining the weekends by ordering out instead of making something here. Just been so busy at work that a little laziness on the weekends is in order. But in all fairness to everyone here that is a fucked up, lame ass excuse. I really need to be more responsible on the weekends. On a side note I got some of that protein powder to make shakes. I usually have one a day, usually in the evening. Pretty tasty stuff. My clothes don't feel any loser but overall I feel better. I guess that's a good thing. My wife and I were going to go walking tonight but it's pouring down worse than piss out of a boot. So, I'm here at the computer and she's napping on the sofa. hehe!! Almost bedtime though.
MULLY

• 1 month later...

OK BITCHEZZZZZZZ.....

Beotch has a month and a half under the belt....I allow myself a cheat day
once every 2 weeks! I don't have a scale and I'm kind of glad because I don't
want to get discouraged or over happy and stop going at it....anyway,
not a huge difference but my clothes are starting to fit a little looser and my
face has thinned out a little.....I needed to dig up the thread to see how
the rest of you are doing...

MULLY?
12th Man??
Jamie B???

anyone else on the diet train???? alot said they were taking the challenge
but we haven't heard from many..... :o

I have lost a size in my jeans and am wearing a 32 comfortably. Im down to 168 but still need to keep it up as there is still noticable body fat, but I can tell its getting less. My medical Recomindation is 129 - 169 lbs (http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm) so If I can drop somewhere between that Ill be happy, really getting rid of the excess body fat, as well as staying healthy, is the goal now.

I have been holding to the regiment pretty well. I feel great and people all over have noticed a big difference with me. Im not loosing it as fast as I would like, but it is coming off well and I look great so far. Ive had a ton of compliments from people at work/friends I dont see that often, and my dating life is going very well (As you can tell by how much Im on here now) :D I still work out 3-4 days per week and watch what I eat. I was going to wait until June 1st to post anything when I put a new pic up, but since da beotch wanted to know, I thought to give an update. Ill post a pic in a couple of weeks.

Starting weight: 336ish
Now: 293

Archived