Big people unite

MULLY

Guest BengalsOwn
I haven't really been following a strict diet, just trying to reduce what I do eat and drink.

I've been drinking water constantly for the last 2 years, so luckily I don't have to get used to that. I do have to get used to no beer though...

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='228307' date='Mar 9 2006, 12:30 PM']I haven't really been following a strict diet, just trying to reduce what I do eat and drink.

I've been drinking water constantly for the last 2 years, so luckily I don't have to get used to that. I do have to get used to no beer though...[/quote]

Thats the way I started, I stopped drinking the beer and cut out the red meat. (Not exclusivly but a good amount) Lost a good amount at first, but now Im trying to drop that last bit, so I need to get strict about it because the last bit is always the hardest to drop, and I want to be at the ideal weight for my height so...

By the way, alot of people said they planned on doing this who havent really discussed what they have been doing...

What's up guys? We need to stay on each other and be each others support system here. Come on now what have you been doing to lose the weight?

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='228315' date='Mar 10 2006, 02:42 AM']By the way, alot of people said they planned on doing this who havent really discussed what they have been doing...

What's up guys? We need to stay on each other and be each others support system here. Come on now what have you been doing to lose the weight?[/quote]

I've basically jumped back on my hypoglycemia diet. High protein/low carbs for the first few weeks and then slowly add some complex carbs to balance things out. I've stopped snacking late at night....except if I do I have some fruit or some plain yogurt or mix the two. I've also been walking at night, when the weather permits. I can't weight myself, because the scale doesn't go that high, but I can tell from my clothes that I'm losing some weight. I did this once before and lost over 100lbs so I have the confidence to do it again.
MULLY

Unfortunatly I missed the workout today, a coworker grabbed me last min for some help on things.

Breakfast - Two Jimmy Dean Breakfast Burritos again
Lunch - Beef tips and noodles in a cream sauce (and a pepsi again damn it... grr, I will break this habbit...at least this week Ive cut out the after lunch pepsi's)
Dinner - Shrimp Scampi Salad again.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='228315' date='Mar 9 2006, 12:42 PM']By the way, alot of people said they planned on doing this who havent really discussed what they have been doing...

What's up guys? We need to stay on each other and be each others support system here. Come on now what have you been doing to lose the weight?[/quote]

All Ive done is stop eating out. No more fast food period. I used to eat out 5 times per week. Now I eat out maybe once. When I do, its more along the lines of 2 Jr bacon cheese burgers at Wendys instead of a #2. I work out 3 times per week which includes: the fat burning workout on the olyptical trainer which is about 35 mins avg 450 calories per, then I work out my shoulders, delts, tris, bis, back, crunches, bench, and butterflies breaking all of those exorcises into 2 supersets. I stay every active while working out, and squeeze it all into an 1 hr and a half. I combine that with not eating after 2 am (I go to bed around 5) and the weight has been falling off. I understand your concerns, but I discussed it with my doctor and he seems ok with as long as i ose no more than 3lbs per week. If I stay the course that would have me hit my goals Ive set out. Tonight I weighed in at 314 and I have 13 weeks till the begining of June, that would put me right at 275 almost at my goal. If I keep the pace of 3per, I would be right at 240 by kick off!

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='228315' date='Mar 9 2006, 12:42 PM']By the way, alot of people said they planned on doing this who havent really discussed what they have been doing...

Well, like I said, I cut down on my drinking a ton.

Other things I'm doing, is eating a couple chicken patty sandwiches per day, but without buns, and that's it. I don't have much of an appetite anymroe anyways.

That's pretty much it, other than constantly drinking water, but that's nothign different for me.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' post='228804' date='Mar 10 2006, 10:10 AM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='228315' date='Mar 9 2006, 12:42 PM']
By the way, alot of people said they planned on doing this who havent really discussed what they have been doing...

Well, like I said, I cut down on my drinking a ton.

Other things I'm doing, is eating a couple chicken patty sandwiches per day, but without buns, and that's it. I don't have much of an appetite anymroe anyways.

That's pretty much it, other than constantly drinking water, but that's nothign different for me.
[/quote]

Just be carefull with the not eating thing, I know the stress of what your dealing with right now kills the apatite, but not eating isnt healthy.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='227566' date='Mar 8 2006, 12:03 AM'][quote name='Jungle1' post='227562' date='Mar 7 2006, 11:58 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='220825' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:09 PM']
I have the depression issue as well, but it's seasonal depression, winter months get me down bad. I found something that helps ALOT.

[img]http://www.nam.lighting.philips.com/us/consumer/images/lighting_natural_main.jpg[/img]

Natural Light light bulbs.[/quote]

You can take vitamin D supplements also (aka the sunshine vitamin)
[/quote]

Interesting, I was not aware of that. Thanks Ill have to try that as well.
[/quote]
i have this as well... well, without all the excess body fat and everything ;)

^_^

but seriously, what else can you do... i exercise like a sumbitch, i take a multivitamin and other supplements every day(that im not drunk or hungover), drink protein shakes and eat right, but i still have absolutely no energy during the winter... basically im cool as hell in the spring/summer/fall but when winter rolls around... oh boy, all i do is sleep and piss people off. ive heard of the lights but unfortunately thats not really an option for me in my current living arrangement(s)... i really think going to a tanning bed would help some, but im a fucking pussy when it comes to that type of shit, so the odds of me gathering up enough balls to walk my happy ass into a tanning salon(?) are pretty much slim to none... what else is out there?

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='228842' date='Mar 10 2006, 11:02 AM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='227566' date='Mar 8 2006, 12:03 AM']
[quote name='Jungle1' post='227562' date='Mar 7 2006, 11:58 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='220825' date='Feb 21 2006, 12:09 PM']
I have the depression issue as well, but it's seasonal depression, winter months get me down bad. I found something that helps ALOT.

[img]http://www.nam.lighting.philips.com/us/consumer/images/lighting_natural_main.jpg[/img]

Natural Light light bulbs.[/quote]

You can take vitamin D supplements also (aka the sunshine vitamin)
[/quote]

Interesting, I was not aware of that. Thanks Ill have to try that as well.
[/quote]
i have this as well... well, without all the excess body fat and everything ;)

^_^

but seriously, what else can you do... i exercise like a sumbitch, i take a multivitamin and other supplements every day(that im not drunk or hungover), drink protein shakes and eat right, but i still have absolutely no energy during the winter... basically im cool as hell in the spring/summer/fall but when winter rolls around... oh boy, all i do is sleep and piss people off. ive heard of the lights but unfortunately thats not really an option for me in my current living arrangement(s)... i really think going to a tanning bed would help some, but im a fucking pussy when it comes to that type of shit, so the odds of me gathering up enough balls to walk my happy ass into a tanning salon(?) are pretty much slim to none... what else is out there?
[/quote]

This sounds like me, in the winter I pretty much make plans to do things on the weekends only to end up sleeping most of the days off from complete lack of motivation/enegery. The lights help, but Im gonna try this vitaman D thing too.

[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='231141' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:31 PM']I pigged out last night.... :blush: I had me 2 chicken patties with cheese, and a stack of fries... First time Ive dont that in a long time. Back on track, Brad...[/quote]

I fell off the wagon myself eating 2 burritos and drinking 2 blender fulls of rum runners

[quote name='Storm' post='231165' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:07 PM'][quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='231141' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:31 PM']
I pigged out last night.... :blush: I had me 2 chicken patties with cheese, and a stack of fries... First time Ive dont that in a long time. Back on track, Brad...[/quote]

I fell off the wagon myself eating 2 burritos and drinking 2 blender fulls of rum runners
[/quote]

OK....looks like we all screwed up....my brother and wife had their first child
over the weekend so I spent most of the weekend down at Good Sams which
meant...Penn Station and White Castles..... :blush: I didn't make it on the treadmill
either....grocery store tomorrow...mother hubbard's cubbard is bare!...back
on track Wednesday....!!!

ps...the newest Bengal Fan was born on Saturday after some scary complications
he arrived around noonish....8lbs6oz....BOY...William Michael!

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='231227' date='Mar 14 2006, 09:57 AM'][quote name='Storm' post='231165' date='Mar 13 2006, 11:07 PM']
[quote name='Bengals_12th_Man' post='231141' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:31 PM']
I pigged out last night.... :blush: I had me 2 chicken patties with cheese, and a stack of fries... First time Ive dont that in a long time. Back on track, Brad...[/quote]

[/quote]

OK....looks like we all screwed up....my brother and wife had their first child
over the weekend so I spent most of the weekend down at Good Sams which
meant...Penn Station and White Castles..... :blush: I didn't make it on the treadmill
either....grocery store tomorrow...mother hubbard's cubbard is bare!...back
on track Wednesday....!!!

ps...the newest Bengal Fan was born on Saturday after some scary complications
he arrived around noonish....8lbs6oz....BOY...William Michael!
[/quote]

Not attacking you, Beotch, but I gotta point out the excuse making again. "I spent most of the weekend at Good Sams which meant...Penn Station and White Castles." Ok, so you were in a situation that didn't allow you to make your own food. Fair enough. But when you went to Penn Station were you careful as to what you ordered? Penn Station is similar to Subway, isn't it? When you ordered your sandwich were you being careful as to what may or may not be good for your diet? Did you opt out for whole wheat bread instead of white? Mustard instead of mayonaise? More vegetables than meat? You can eat Penn Station all you want if you're caerful of WHAT you order. White Castles? Did you honesly HAVE TO? There were no other options? Obviously Penn Station was an option......and a much healthier one I might add. So here we go again, Beotch!! GOD DAMMIT WOMAN!!!! I WANT YOUR ASS IN THAT GEAR COME SEPTEMBER!!! I WANT YOU LOOKING FINE!! HUT 2 HUT 2!! C'MON NOW!!!!! THOSE JERSEY'S AREN'T GOING TO MIRACLE THEMSELVES ONTO YOU!!
MULLY
No time for the treadmill can be set aside. If you don't have time then you just don't have time. Time restraints and choosing foods are not related.

Guys dont beat yourselfs up. You cant go cold turkey and never eat anything good, it just cant be a regular part of the diet. I allow one meal a week that I dont care about what Im eating. Today was a burrito with refried beans and fried rice. Didnt eat even half of it though as for some reason I wasnt that hungry.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='231241' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:15 AM']Guys dont beat yourselfs up. You cant go cold turkey and never eat anything good, it just cant be a regular part of the diet. I allow one meal a week that I dont care about what Im eating. Today was a burrito with refried beans and fried rice. Didnt eat even half of it though as for some reason I wasnt that hungry.[/quote]

Well, the whole idea of this is to lose weight now. Not stick to a strict diet for the rest of our lives. Until the weight comes off we should all do our best to stay away from shit that we know isn't good for us. Once we attain our goals then we can stick to a normal diet with cheats thrown in now and then to keep it interesting. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, man. I'm just saying that we're posting all this here so we can keep each other motivated. If we set aside the junk for just a few months we will all be better off for it. I don't give 2 shits about society saying I should be thin. I'm 38 years-old and I don't want to have a heart attack. It's as simple as that. Sure, heart attacks don't discriminate but being like this sure isn't helping to prevent one. Just a few months, guys. We can do this!!!! I'm really interested in seeing the total weight loss of all of us by kickoff. Will there be a total of over 500lbs? 700? A thousand? I'm going to do my best to add 50 or so to the grand total.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='231271' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:55 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='231241' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:15 AM']
Guys dont beat yourselfs up. You cant go cold turkey and never eat anything good, it just cant be a regular part of the diet. I allow one meal a week that I dont care about what Im eating. Today was a burrito with refried beans and fried rice. Didnt eat even half of it though as for some reason I wasnt that hungry.[/quote]

Well, the whole idea of this is to lose weight now. Not stick to a strict diet for the rest of our lives. Until the weight comes off we should all do our best to stay away from shit that we know isn't good for us. Once we attain our goals then we can stick to a normal diet with cheats thrown in now and then to keep it interesting. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, man. I'm just saying that we're posting all this here so we can keep each other motivated. If we set aside the junk for just a few months we will all be better off for it. I don't give 2 shits about society saying I should be thin. I'm 38 years-old and I don't want to have a heart attack. It's as simple as that. Sure, heart attacks don't discriminate but being like this sure isn't helping to prevent one. Just a few months, guys. We can do this!!!! I'm really interested in seeing the total weight loss of all of us by kickoff. Will there be a total of over 500lbs? 700? A thousand? I'm going to do my best to add 50 or so to the grand total.
MULLY
[/quote]

I feel ya my man, thats why I started working out getting healthy to begin with. My pops had a heartattack at 45...thats not gonna be me. Im just saying that going cold turkey for some is next to impossible, and weaning off is the best way to go for them, much like smoking. Also it should be something you consider a lifestyle change, not just a diet, it should be part of your life here on out or you end up dropping and the regaining all the time. People should want to lose and keep it off, the best way to do that is chaning the lifestyle not just dieting. Just lookin out. ;)

[quote]Obviously Penn Station was an option......and a much healthier one I might add[/quote]

Penn Station might be the most unhealthy place to eat on the planet

You can almost feel your arteries clogging up while eating one of their succulant scrumptious sandwiches

Wish I could have one right now

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='231333' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:05 PM'][quote name='Fulcher_33' post='231271' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:55 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='231241' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:15 AM']
Guys dont beat yourselfs up. You cant go cold turkey and never eat anything good, it just cant be a regular part of the diet. I allow one meal a week that I dont care about what Im eating. Today was a burrito with refried beans and fried rice. Didnt eat even half of it though as for some reason I wasnt that hungry.[/quote]

MULLY
[/quote]

I feel ya my man, thats why I started working out getting healthy to begin with. My pops had a heartattack at 45...thats not gonna be me. Im just saying that going cold turkey for some is next to impossible, and weaning off is the best way to go for them, much like smoking. Also it should be something you consider a lifestyle change, not just a diet, it should be part of your life here on out or you end up dropping and the regaining all the time. People should want to lose and keep it off, the best way to do that is chaning the lifestyle not just dieting. Just lookin out. ;)
[/quote]

I hope your dad is still around, man. My dad had one when he was 49 and we had to put him in the ground. Heart attacks run in my family. Both grandfathers died of heart attacks too. My grandpa on my mothers side
had quite a few of them over the years before he finally went.

My point on cheating is this. If you cheat while you're in the middle of the diet it only adds frustration on those other days. To get that lifestyle change you have to stop everything for at least a few months to get that shit out of your system. If you can stay off garbage for an extended period of time your body will adjust to the new lifestlye. Then, when you finally do decide you're gonna try something that you used to eat you'll be pleasently surprised to find that it probably doesn't taste as good as you remember. But you gotta get that shit outta your system. Refined sugars are no less addicting than heroin, in my opinion.

On another note, I've been reading about your depression and I feel bad for you, man. No one deserves to feel like that. I'd like to offer up something for you to just give a shot at but I'm afraid you might scoff at the idea. If you're interested at all drop me a PM and we'll go over it. Give me 15 days of your life. That's all I ask.
MULLY

[quote name='Storm' post='231340' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:16 PM'][quote]Obviously Penn Station was an option......and a much healthier one I might add[/quote]

Penn Station might be the most unhealthy place to eat on the planet

You can almost feel your arteries clogging up while eating one of their succulant scrumptious sandwiches

Wish I could have one right now
[/quote]

I've only been to Penn Station once and that was many moons ago. I seem to remember it being very similar to subway in that you can order sub type sandwiches in whatever style you like. I could be totally off base here though.
MULLY

Just checked their site. Dude, there are plenty of things on the menu that won't really hurt your diet. Especially if whole wheat bread is an option. The Chicken Codon Bleu sandwich, minus the mayo, would be just fine. But that Philly cheese sandwich looks pretty God damned good. hehe!!

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='231359' date='Mar 13 2006, 10:53 PM'][quote name='Jamie_B' post='231333' date='Mar 14 2006, 12:05 PM']
[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='231271' date='Mar 13 2006, 08:55 PM']
[quote name='Jamie_B' post='231241' date='Mar 14 2006, 10:15 AM']

MULLY
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope your dad is still around, man. My dad had one when he was 49 and we had to put him in the ground. Heart attacks run in my family. Both grandfathers died of heart attacks too. My grandpa on my mothers side
had quite a few of them over the years before he finally went.

My point on cheating is this. If you cheat while you're in the middle of the diet it only adds frustration on those other days. To get that lifestyle change you have to stop everything for at least a few months to get that shit out of your system. If you can stay off garbage for an extended period of time your body will adjust to the new lifestlye. Then, when you finally do decide you're gonna try something that you used to eat you'll be pleasently surprised to find that it probably doesn't taste as good as you remember. But you gotta get that shit outta your system. Refined sugars are no less addicting than heroin, in my opinion.

On another note, I've been reading about your depression and I feel bad for you, man. No one deserves to feel like that. I'd like to offer up something for you to just give a shot at but I'm afraid you might scoff at the idea. If you're interested at all drop me a PM and we'll go over it. Give me 15 days of your life. That's all I ask.
MULLY
[/quote]

Yeah Pops is still kicking, has a stint in the heart, but still kicking. Funny thing is we have heart disaese in the family and all of the grandparents had heartattacks (my dads dad had like 5) but it was cancer that took them all.

The depression thing is only seasonal and its mild (at least in compairson to my mom). Ill send ya the PM though as every little bit helps.

I have good news and bad news.......

Good News: I'm now at 199lbs.... Pants are getting REAL baggy now. I've been hitting the weights and treadmill HARD!! B) B.P. is 114/64 Great.

Bad News: I aggrevated an old football injury...My left knee is real sore. BUT I REFUSE TO GIVE UP!! I have just eased up on the weights some and changed to a FAST walk on the treadmill instead of a fast Jog then a sprint. I bought a knee brace and I'm going to work through it. Wednesday is my scheduled day to work on my lower body/legs. So, we'll see how that goes. So I guess I am on the injury list now listed as probable for this Wednesday's workout..... :lol:

NOW comes the HARD part. Fishing season is just around the corner....I'm a BIGTIME fisherman..hehe.....which means all day on the water/fishing and drinking with the guys. I'm going to have to have ALOT of strength and determination to pull this off and not get too crazy. Usually its a BLAST fishing with the guys and just hanging out pulling practical jokes on each other, then Beer and food later after we get off of the water. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

Well, man, good luck with the knee. A lot of it is probably due to the excess weight at the moment. Don't over work it. It'll will get better as you lose weight. As for the fishing, it's easy to say don't drink the beer but a lot harder to do. Maybe you can alternate drinking on one trip and not drinking on another. At least you get to drink a little. I had to stop drinking back in 98 when I got sick. At first I thought it sucked big time but I'm totally fine with it now. Especially when I go to a bar, drink water all night, and watch the drunk idiots acting like fucking morons. On top of that I don't miss having a hangover at all. Even on my wedding day, last May, I only drank like 2 beers over the course of the evening. It was really nice getting home at 5 in the morning and still being able to do the deed. Then we slept most of the next day, woke up without a hangover, and got our shit together to go to Guam. There are good and bad sides to the drinking I guess. Personally I'm at a point in my life now where I don't feel I need to drink to have a good time. I have to admit to having a beer every once in a while.....or a shot of tequila or 2......but overall I don't consider myself a drinker anymore.
MULLY
and there are beer vending machines on the street here

Week's report.

Only Cheated 2xs (once my weekly cheet, the other was for a coworkers suprise baby party that I didnt realize we had... 1st cheet was the half a burrito and fried rice with refried beens.. 2nd was two slices of pizza a can of coke and a piece of cake)

Rest of week has been strict to what ive been doing, jimmy dean saugage bisket for bfast, a healthy choice microwave lunch, and either grilled chicken or shrimp scampie salad for dinner.

did 3 days in the gym, (usually I do 4 but I lost track of time on tuesday) added 10lbs to my lat pull (for a total of 100lbs), 10 to the sholder push (now 90lbs) and 10 to the butterfly freeweight (45 on each arm)

Weighed myself for the 1st time since the 9th and have gone from 173 to 169.5 for a total loss of 4.5 lbs so far.

My Medical Recommindation is 129 - 169 lbs so I want to get in between those numbers.

If you wand to check your recomindation...

[url="http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm"]http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm[/url]

How you guys doing this week? This thread has slipped to page 2. I don't want anyone here to give up. Beotch? How ya doin'? Still hitting the treadmill? Man, I got some fucked up news tonight. My wife and I decided to try this Body For Life thing that was posted here. We went to the gym this evening and I finally was able to weigh myself. Hold on to your fucking horses. I weighed in at 363lbs. Fuck!! I don't feel that big and I know I don't look that big but damn it sure does hurt to see that number. Anyway, that really bummed the shit right outta me. I was down to 235 at one point. How the fuck did I rebound this bad? Well, the shit is on now, motherfucker!!! Watch for weekly updates because this fat bastard is taking it off!!!
MULLY

Archived