The Chosen One has spoken...

The media that has written articles make it seem different from the
way I heard the press conference...it sounded all very good and positive to me...I'm not sure what
answers they were expecting??? Is there ever an injury or surgery that
someone can be specific when they will be back 100%

I got exactly what I wanted out of that
press conference...I got a validation that he sounds good, optomistic about his return, apparently is walking good, he's working
hard at rehab, he doesn't seem worried at all, made me feel optomistic about
Henry's future...made me feel even more positive that the bullshit in the locker room with Chad DID NOT HAPPEN!!

and the best thing I heard was that Carson and the entire locker room
HATE THE STEELERS AS MUCH AS I DO... :lol: :pointlaff:

It's a beautiful day in Bengal land.... ^_^

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='236882' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:36 PM']The media that has written articles make it seem different from the
way I heard the press conference...it sounded all very good and positive to me...I'm not sure what

press conference...I got a validation that he sounds good, optomistic about his return, apparently is walking good, he's working
Henry's future...made me feel even more positive that the bullshit in the locker room with Chad DID NOT HAPPEN!!

It's a beautiful day in Bengal land.... ^_^[/quote]

the chad thing happened...perhaps not punches, but it happened..

has anyone ever had a press conference to plead innocense to the masses if they were?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='236887' date='Mar 22 2006, 11:41 PM'][quote name='BengalBeotch' post='236882' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:36 PM']
The media that has written articles make it seem different from the

It's a beautiful day in Bengal land.... ^_^[/quote]

the chad thing happened...perhaps not punches, but it happened..

has anyone ever had a press conference to plead innocense to the masses if they were?
[/quote]

I didn't say that nothing happened, just said the BULLSHIT didn't happen. :lol:
I've always believed that Chad ran his mouth at halftime, there is no doubt
about that, his passion for the game drives him to behave immaturely, we saw that
in the Dallas game...he admitted that he needs to work on controlling his emotions during his press conference and that told me that he did spout off at halftime...I will never believe
he physically threw a direct punch at anyone...I think in the middle of his spouting off,
he was most likely flalling his arms because he is very dramatic and that was mistaken for a thrown punch...JMHO...

:wave:

sometimes I wish the other 52 players had as much passion as he does to win.... ;)

but anyway...back to the press conference..they re-aired it on 1360 and played a part
that was not aired ealier, he was asked about if he would miss Kitna, he said "TONS"
and apparently got a little emotional about it while saying how much Jon has meant to him...

[quote name='BengalBeotch' post='236882' date='Mar 23 2006, 08:36 AM']The media that has written articles make it seem different from the
way I heard the press conference...[/quote]

Yeah, they have a way of doing that, don't they? The headline alone makes you think negative thoughts. I personally thought he sounded upbeat and ready to go. He also didn't sound like it was questionable.
MULLY
happy news doesn't sell papers

[quote name='bengalsfan1983' post='236892' date='Mar 23 2006, 08:47 AM']classie move saying no to taking #3 now that kitna is gona :bowdown:[/quote]

Yeah, well he also mentioned that the people in charge of marketing wouldn't be too pleased if he did. I'd lay odds that him not changing numbers has more to do with all those #9 items being sold than his personal wants. It all comes down to money. There are too many #9 PALMER items out on the market right now for him to be doing something like that. Shit, I just paid close to a hundred bucks for a #9 jersey for my wife. If he changed to #3 I/we would be pissed big time. Don't think for a second that things like that don't have something to do with it too.
MULLY
it's all good though

Guest IndianaBengal

[quote name='GoBengals' post='236875' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:27 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='236871' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:15 PM']
[quote name='GoBengals' post='236865' date='Mar 22 2006, 05:51 PM']
i know a guy who plays cornhole al lyear round by the traintracks downtown, if you ever go to longworth hall in january you cant miss him, he is known to toss like a grand down on a single game, he cant beat anyone..

i played him like 24 games a few weeks ago, we basically split the series tho. im pretty good.[/quote]

Pardon my ignorance, but what is cornhole?
[/quote]

its a game rednecks play, where you toss a sandbag onto a board that has a hole in it...

PS: ive never played in my life...
[/quote]

That game is a real good time. I have constructed 6 different sets now that I know of. The 1st set was a set I painted to Bengals colors and theme. If its daylight and over 50 degrees, I'm probably playing it. Add tiki torches at nite, and your bluecokes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='236932' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:10 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='236875' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:27 PM']
[quote name='Jason' post='236871' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:15 PM']
i know a guy who plays cornhole al lyear round by the traintracks downtown, if you ever go to longworth hall in january you cant miss him, he is known to toss like a grand down on a single game, he cant beat anyone..

i played him like 24 games a few weeks ago, we basically split the series tho. im pretty good.[/quote]

[/quote]

its a game rednecks play, where you toss a sandbag onto a board that has a hole in it...

[/quote]

That game is a real good time. I have constructed 6 different sets now that I know of. The 1st set was a set I painted to Bengals colors and theme. If its daylight and over 50 degrees, I'm probably playing it. Add tiki torches at nite, and your bluecokes. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[/quote]

CASE CLOSED... -_- j/k

[quote name='Rick' post='236934' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:13 PM']I will never play it. Never![/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: funniest post rick ever made... your a good man rick.. a good man.

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='236935' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:15 PM']Rick, you missing out on some fun.. Oh yeah, Palmer is the man for playing cornhole.[/quote]

:mellow: i think palmer is the man for being the #1 -#2 qb in the nfl in his second season starting.. but i guess cornhole is important too. :mellow:

[quote name='IndianaBengal' post='236935' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:15 PM']Rick, you missing out on some fun.. Oh yeah, Palmer is the man for playing cornhole.[/quote]

OK. If Carson plays it, I'm going to play it. Bring on the Cornhole!

[quote name='GoBengals' post='236875' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:27 PM'][quote name='Jason' post='236871' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:15 PM']
Pardon my ignorance, but what is cornhole?[/quote]

its a game rednecks play, where you toss a sandbag onto a board that has a hole in it...[/quote]

Just be careful before agreeing to a game in Pittsburgh. They use different rules. :o

[quote][b]"The Bengals do a phenomenal job of protecting their players,"[/b] Palmer said. "They said, 'Do you want to be talking about this for the next three months?' I said no. I could answer questions about this every single day, 10 times a day all the way until the season."[/quote]

I love this quote...It says alot about the quality of the team right now, and the kind of ambassador that Palmer is for the team.

He does his job to make the team look good, and they treat him well in return...Now that is a franchise Quarterback.

BZ

[quote name='TheBZ' post='236956' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:48 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='236875' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:27 PM']

its a game rednecks play, where you toss a sandbag onto a board that has a hole in it...[/quote]

Just be careful before agreeing to a game in Pittsburgh. They use different rules. :o

[quote][b]"The Bengals do a phenomenal job of protecting their players,"[/b] Palmer said. "They said, 'Do you want to be talking about this for the next three months?' I said no. I could answer questions about this every single day, 10 times a day all the way until the season."[/quote]

I love this quote...It says alot about the quality of the team right now, and the kind of ambassador that Palmer is for the team.

He does his job to make the team look good, and they treat him well in return...Now that is a franchise Quarterback.

BZ
[/quote]

indeed.

All I could think about when I watched Carson today was: Damn we have a kick as QB, not only that but he is fucking smart and he has tons of class. No doubt he was the leader of this team on the field, but I got a real sense that quite a few guys (like Henry) turn to him off the field as well. I think Kitna helped him, but in a was I think Kitna leaving is probably going to be better for him in the long run.

Then I think of Ben and how everytime I hear him talk I think he is just an idiot.

I am so psyched about the coming season.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you calling Carson a redneck?

[quote name='TheBZ' post='236956' date='Mar 22 2006, 08:48 PM'][quote name='GoBengals' post='236875' date='Mar 22 2006, 06:27 PM']

[size=4][color="#FF0000"]Just be careful before agreeing to a game in Pittsburgh. They use different rules. [/color] [/size] :o

BZ
[/quote]

Yes they take out their compititon at the knee.

:ninja:

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Focused on the future [/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Bengals QB 'getting ready for opener' [/b] [/size]

By Kevin Goheen
Post staff reporter

Carson Palmer remembers leaving Paul Brown Stadium early on Jan. 8, much earlier than he ever imagined he would. The hit from Pittsburgh defensive end Kimo von Oelhoffen that tore ligaments in Palmer's left knee wasn't on his mind as the SUV he was riding in pulled away.

"I was laying down in the back seat looking back at the stadium lights," Palmer said Wednesday as he met with media for the first time since he underwent reconstructive surgery Jan. 10. "That's the only thing that goes through my head, it's that feeling. It was our first playoff game at the stadium here. That was my last memory of that game; it wasn't the play at all. I don't have that play in my head. I just have that feeling of being there and not being able to finish the game."

Palmer plans on being the Bengals' starting quarterback when the 2006 season opens up the second week of September and he plans on being on the field for the duration of the season. By no means is that an absolute to happen, however, not after tears to his ACL and MCL forced him out of the Bengals' 31-17 playoff loss to Pittsburgh after two offensive plays.

The 26-year-old walked into the press conference room at PBS on Wednesday under his own power and without a limp, wearing a brace and speaking with a positive attitude about the future for both him and the team. The past 11 weeks have given him an enlightened perspective on his life and profession.

"I've learned how quickly things can be taken away from you," Palmer said. "Driving away from the stadium, I'm listening to the game on the radio looking back and it was a really weird experience to think that I was just on that field. I rolled down my window and I could hear the crowd. It was just a weird experience for me to realize that (snaps fingers) just like that the season was over, you're done and your playoff hopes are done for you individually. I'll take something from this and it will be that you can't take it for granted.

"When you don't want to practice on a Wednesday afternoon and you've been in meetings for six hours and you're excited about the game but you're tired and worn down, that's when I need to realize that this was all taken away from me last year so don't take this for granted and realize how special this opportunity is and how lucky I am just to be here."

The normal recovery period for such injuries is between eight and 12 months, a time per- iod that differs from person to person. Palmer said he has a full range of motion with his knee and, if he is on the shorter end of that recovery time frame, he'll be right on target to open the season.

"This is my first knee surgery and I understand that sometimes there are complications and sometimes things can be set back a week or two but I'm not worried about that," said Palmer. "All I'm worried about is doing everything I can in here every day and getting ready for the opener."

Jon Kitna, Palmer's backup the past two seasons, has signed with Detroit as an unrestricted free agent, leaving the Bengals with Craig Krenzel and Doug Johnson as the only healthy quarterbacks on the roster. The list of available veterans on the free agent market has shrunk the past week after Brian Griese signed with Chicago and Gus Frerotte signed with St. Louis.

The Bengals have visited with former Rams backup Jamie Martin, but the two sides have not had any contract negotiations. The team's Web site reported Wednesday that Anthony Wright of Baltimore is due to visit.

"If I had a crystal ball and could find out exactly the day I'm going to be 100 percent and I'm cleared to play then we wouldn't be going through this backup quarterback thing we're trying to figure out right now," Palmer said. "But there is no crystal ball, there is no way of saying, 'This will be the exact date when he can step on the field and play again.'"

Palmer has been back in Cincinnati the past two weeks after spending the first two months of his rehabilitation process in Southern California. While out west, he said he received countless cards, letters and well wishes from Bengals fans, including a pair of 10-foot high greeting cards. It was all appreciated, he said, and has helped him as he works to return to the field.

That the Steelers went on to win the Super Bowl could be his greatest motivation.

"I was watching them play and I kept going back in my head about the last time we beat them at their stadium," Palmer said of the Bengals' 38-31 win at Heinz Field on Dec. 4. "I just wanted Seattle to win so bad and was getting so mad at all of the things that were going on in that game. I ended up not watching it once they were pulling away.

"They're our rivals and they're the team we want to knock off. They're the team that nobody in our locker room likes. They're our rival and you never want to see your rival win. Now looking back at it, it just gives us that much more motivation going into their stadium and when they come into ours to beat them, to knock off the top dog."[/quote]

[url="http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060323/SPT03/603230328/1022/RSS0302"]http://news.cincypost.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...28/1022/RSS0302[/url]

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Palmer angry about Steelers' title, but says he loves rivalry[/b][/size]
[size=3][b]Bengals QB doesn't think von Oelhoffen hurt him on purpose[/b][/size]
By Chick Ludwig

Dayton Daily News

CINCINNATI | As soon as the Pittsburgh Steelers were mentioned, Carson Palmer's mood changed. The Bengals quarterback went from light and lively to dark and serious during his news conference at Paul Brown Stadium on Thursday.

Palmer didn't want the Steelers to win the Super Bowl, but they went ahead and won it anyway.

After the Bengals beat Pittsburgh at Heinz Field, 38-31, on Dec. 4, the Steelers reeled off eight straight victories, culminating with Super Bowl XL.

"It just (ticks) me off," Palmer fumed. "I was watching them play, and kept going back in my head the last time we beat them at their stadium. I just wanted Seattle to win so bad, and was getting so mad at all the things that were going on in that game. I ended up not watching the rest of it once they were pulling away.

"They're (the Steelers) the team that nobody in our locker room likes. They're our rival, and you never want to see your rival win. It just gives us that much more motivation going into their stadium, or when they come into ours, to beat 'em.

"Now they're the top dog and they've got everybody gunning at 'em. They're going to get our best game twice a year. They're going to get everybody's best game because they're the defending World Champs."

Steelers coach Bill Cowher, who unleashed the Bengals' "Who Dey" chant during the Steelers' Super Bowl parade, admitted at the NFL combine that he's "added way too much to (the rivalry),"

"That's great," Palmer said. "I love it. Rivalry games are the most fun games for the fans, the players ... you just can't stand the guys that are on the other sideline. It brings out that much more emotion and makes the game that much more fun. So when (Cowher) started doing that, I was still (angry) that they won, but I just realized he might have said something he shouldn't have said. Now it will just fuel our fire a little bit more and make us a little bit hungrier to beat 'em."

[b]Palmer notes & quotes[/b]

[b]• Palmer's not offended that Kimo von Oelhoffen hasn't called him. Von Oelhoffen, whose hit crushed Palmer's left knee, signed with the New York Jets.[/b]

"Everybody's wondering what I think about him. Football is a very physical game. I don't hold a grudge at all. I don't think he meant to do it. Whether he did or not, I don't care. It's part of the game. It's a freak accident. I wish him the best of luck, moving on to New York, and that's that."

[b]• Where are the Bengals mentally?[/b]

"We're a confident and focused group of guys. When we step on the field, we feel like we should win and we feel like we can win. We know we can play with the best of the best. We've beaten the Pittsburgh Steelers on their home turf, and we're still a ways away from being the team we want to be and the team we're gonna be. But that all happens in the coaching sessions, minicamps and training camp, and going through the preseason. That's where you build the team that steps on the field and beats the Steelers twice."

[b]• On reports that Palmer was seen bowling in Las Vegas:[/b]

"I don't know where some of these things come from. I'm surprised to hear 'em, too. I was in Las Vegas, but I definitely wasn't at a bowling tournament. I was at the craps table. Maybe it was the bowling motion of rolling the dice."

[b]• Palmer, who rehabs from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., said he has full range of motion in his leg. He does leg presses, leg extensions, hamstring curls and flexibility work to strengthen his knee and the muscles around it.[/b]

"On a typical day, I do 40 different exercises. To be honest — knock on wood — I haven't had any discouraging days."

[b]• When will you be ready to play?[/b]

"There is no crystal ball. There is no way of saying this is the exact date when I can step on the field and play again. But I'm preparing, getting ready and expecting to play on opening day."

[b]• Mentally, how are you handling the injury?[/b]

"When I play, I'm not worried about what's going on around me. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing now, so I can get all the problems with my knee out of my head by the time I step on the field."

[b]• Palmer called the outpouring of support from fans "overwhelming." He said he has a mountain of cards and letters from grade-school kids.[/b]

"It's been really touching to me and my family. It just shows the loyalty and support this city and these Bengal fans have. It makes you that much more excited and makes you want to work that much harder to get back. You feel like you've really brought something positive to their lives. It's been special for me."[/quote]

Guest oldschooler
[quote][size=5][b]Transcript of Carson Palmer press conference[/b][/size]
By the Dayton Daily News

The following is a transcript of Bengals quarterback Carson Palmer's news conference at Paul Brown Stadium on Wednesday attended by Dayton Daily News NFL writer Chick Ludwig. It was Palmer's first public interview since Jan. 9, the day after he suffered torn ligaments (ACL and MCL) in his left knee in a 31-17 playoff loss to Pittsburgh. Palmer said he's on schedule toward his goal of starting the 2006 regular-season opener.

[b]Question: How's the knee?[/b]

[b]Answer:[/b] It feels great. I've been rehabbing now for almost 11 weeks and everything's going as scheduled, as planned, and I'm just getting anxious and excited to be able to do more and more as the process moves along.

[b]Q. There was a report you were bowling in Las Vegas. Is that true?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I went out to dinner with Jon Kitna last Monday night and he said, 'I heard something on the radio about you bowling in Las Vegas.' I don't know where some of these things come from. I'm surprised to hear 'em, too. I was in Las Vegas, but I definitely wasn't at a bowling tournament. I was at the craps table. Maybe it was the bowling motion of rolling the dice.

[b]Q. Take us through a typical day of rehab. What do you do?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] A lot. I'm starting to get to the point where I can push around a little bit of weight. I'm working on balance. I'm working on a number of things. A number of different small exercises just to get the muscle working again and the muscles around the knee. Those have atrophied a lot from the surgery like any surgery, and just getting those muscles moving again, and firing. I do different things every day. New things. Sometimes I go back to old things. I can't really go through a step by step process, but you get in at 10 in the morning and leave at 2-3 o'clock, get a weight workout, work on your knee. The big thing right now is just getting the strength back in the leg.

[b]Q. Do you have good days and bad days?[/b]

[b]A. [/b] You hear a lot of things. I've had a bunch of guys call me that have had knee surgeries, and I hear that a lot. To be honest — knock on wood — I haven't had any days that have set me back or really discouraging days. I come in with a glass-half-full mentality and do what I can do and move on from there. Things haven't been frustrating for me. I've just been excited to do what I can do every day.

[b]Q. Can you give us an idea of what your exercises are?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] A lot of leg press, flexibility. You've got to try to fire your quad a lot, get the quad strength back, hamstring curls, leg extensions ... just a number of things. It's a process going from building muscle back up in your leg. As the muscle atrophies, your leg needs to get that stimulating and get that firing. From there, just making the rest of the leg strong. On a typical day, I do 40 different exercises. It ranges from day to day. It's been improving day to day, and getting better, and that's all I can ask for.

[b]Q. Compared to football, how difficult is it rehabbing?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] It's really not that hard. You hear a lot. And I feel like I keep getting a lot of sympathy. But it's knee surgery. I talked to (Bengals doctor) Dr. (Angelo) Colosimo, who does 11 knee surgeries a day, and that's a pretty slow day. So it's not like I've got cancer or I've lost a limb. It's just knee surgery. It's not that bad. It's not that hard. It's just something I'm going through right now. I'm going to get better, and I'm going to get back. I'm fortunate. I'm working with a great group of people, just trying to get back and get healthy.

[b]Q. There were several reports about the surgery. How difficult was it?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] That whole thing got blown way out of proportion like a lot of things do in sports. There is so much media out there that rumors get started. All I know is that I woke up from the surgery and the doctor was in there, Billy Brooks (Bengals assistant trainer) was in there. They both said everything went great; the surgery was a success and they expect a full recovery. The next thing I know I heard that somebody's saying it's career-ending. I'm not worried about that. That's something that got misquoted and blown out of context. I'm expecting a full recovery and I'm working as hard as I can everyday, and that's all I can do right now.

[b]Q. What's the time frame of when you'll be back? Marvin says you're the opening day quarterback.[/b]

[b]A.[/b] No question. That's what I'm expecting. That's why I'm in here working hard and trying to get right. When it comes to that, I'm not very realistic. I expect to be starting Game 1. I expect to be playing in the preseason. This is my first knee surgery, first knee injury. I understand that sometimes there's complications, and sometimes things get set back a week or two. I'm not worried about that. All I'm worried about is doing what I can in here everyday, and getting ready for our opener.

[b]Q. I guess there's no way to really know when you'll be back?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] If I had a crystal ball and I could find out exactly the day I'm 100 percent and I'm cleared to play, then we wouldn't be going through this backup quarterback thing we're trying to figure out right now. But there is no crystal ball. There is no way of saying this is the exact date when he can step on the field and play again. But I'm preparing, getting ready and expecting to play on opening day.

[b]Q. Where did you rehab in So Cal?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] A place called S.M.I., Sports Medicine Institute in Anaheim, Calf.

[b]Q. Have you spoken to Kimo von Oelhoffen (the Steelers defensive end who caused the injury)?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] No, I haven't.

[b]Q. Does it both you that he hasn't called?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] No, not at all. Football is a very physical game. Things happen. I don't hold a grudge at all. I don't think he meant to do it, whether he did or not, I don't care. It's part of the game. These things happen. It's a freak accident. But whether I talk to him or not, I don't hold a grudge at all.

[b]Q. Have you watched the tape, and what goes through your mind?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] It's part of the game. I just remember the feeling of getting in the car after I got out of the shower and got the MRI done, and pulling away from the stadium, laying down in the back seat, looking back at the stadium lights. That's the only thing that really goes through my head is that feeling, pulling away from the game, our first playoff game here. That was kind of my last memories of that game. It wasn't that play at all. I didn't revert back to that play. I just remember that feeling of not being there, and not being able to finish the game.

[b]Q. How are you handling the mental part of the injury?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I've kind of always felt, when I play, I'm not really worried about what's going on around me. Hopefully I can have that feeling back when I play again. That's why I'm doing what I'm doing now, so I can get all the problems with my knee out of my head by the time I step on the field, with all the hard work and the rehab and the strengthening, and all the things I'm doing. By the time I step on the field 100 percent, I don't want to be worrying about: Is my knee strong enough? Is my knee ready for this? I want to be 100 percent and be ready to play like I was on the first play of that Pittsburgh game.

[b]Q. With your work ethic, it seems like you're gung-ho. Do you ever worry about pushing too hard. Where do you draw the line?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I've got to trust the people I'm working with and I do 100 percent. This is the first time I've gone through this, so I don't know exactly how to handle it, the exact steps to take. That's why you've got a physical therapist and people that have been things for a long time that I'm working with, who I trust. I'm going to follow what they say and do what they tell me I can do.

Q. How many people do you work with during rehab?

[b]A.[/b] Just basically, maybe four. (Bengals strength and conditioning coaches) Chip (Morton) and Ray (Oliver) in the weight room, then Bob Mangine and Billy Brooks down here doing physical therapy.

[b]Q. How long will you be in Cincinnati?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I'm here until the opener.

[b]Q. As you look back on your injury, the way the game started (with a 66-yard pass to Chris Henry), do you think the Bengals could've won if you had played the whole game?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I don't know about that. Like I said before, you can't have a crystal ball. There's no magic to it. We had a chance to win. Turns out we didn't make enough plays. We didn't stop them enough. We didn't put up enough points. I'd like to think that every time I step on the field, I have a chance to win. There's really no way to look back and say, 'This is what would've happened if I hadn't gotten hurt.' "

[b]Q. Are you involved in the process of finding a backup quarterback?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Not really. It's not my expertise handling contracts. That's why we have the people working upstairs in this organization. They've done a phenomenal job of building this team. They will continue to do so. If Marvin (Lewis) ever has questions, I'm comfortable answering them and he's comfortable asking me. They have a job to do upstairs and they do a great job of it. They're going to figure out the best fit for this team.

[b]Q. Have long have you been back in Cincinnati?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Two weeks now.

[b]Q. What is your schedule? Is it laid out about where you're supposed to be at in your rehab?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Like we talked about earlier, there's no way to say when I can start doing 7 on 7, when I can start running, when I can start doing different things, doing drop-backs, throwing. When this first happened, I was in the locker room and I asked the doctor: 'What's the deal. I'm having surgery?' He said, 'Yes, you're having surgery.' I asked, 'Well, what's the recovery time?' He said, 'Well, 8 to 12 months.' That's the typical knee surgery recovery time, and everybody's different. I'm different from the next guy and that's why you just need to sit back and let the healing process take care of itself and do everything you can do to rehab it the correct way.

[b]Q. Is being ready for May minicamp being too optimistic?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I would love to. I hope. I'll keep my fingers crossed. But I don't think I'll be ready to go in May. I think I need to wait and make sure it's 100 percent before I start doing all the on-field activities.

[b]Q. Can you throw standing still?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Yeah, I probably could.

[b]Q. Have you thrown since the injury?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] No.

[b]Q. Any idea when you'll be able to drop back and throw?[/b]

[b]A. [/b] Like I said, I don't know. I've got to wait and see.

[b]Q. Is your availability at training camp up in the air?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] We'll see. I wish I could tell you. I wish I had a set date. I wish I knew when I was coming back. But you've just got to let the healing process of the knee take it course. The last thing I need to do is push anything too early. And push back the date that I can step on the field 100 percent. I know everyone wants an answer. I wish I could say, 'Hey, I'm going to be back on this date.'

[b]Q. Your thoughts on the Bengals signing Antonio Chatman?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I'm excited. I remember watching him warm-up when we played Green Bay. Somebody said he's from Cincinnati. I said, 'How'd he get out of Cincinnati?' I've heard he's a fast Jamall Broussard-type guy with more speed and great hands. He's played with a great quarterback in a good system. So I'm excited to get to work with him.

[b]Q. Will you ask for your college uniform No. 3 back with Kitna gone?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] No. I'm staying with 9.

[b]Q. Do you understand all the fuss, why the Bengals didn't want you speaking for two months? Have you wondered why this has all happened?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I understand it's a significant injury and I feel like I'm a pretty big part of this team. People have a lot of questions they want to know, and the Bengals do a phenomenal job of protecting their players. They said, 'Do you want to be talking about this for the next three months?' I said no. Let's set up a date when we can all get together and talk about this. I could answer questions about this every single day, 10 times a day, from now until the start of the season. I understand the media commotion that's going on. This is just part of the game.

[b]Q. Have you gotten any phone calls from other players?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I've talked to Trent Green who went through a similar injury. Peyton (Manning) has actually reached out a number of times and I've talked to him a bunch about it. Like we talked about earlier, you hear so much about how difficult this process is. And there are tough times. I come in here with a positive attitude and that's the best way to handle it.

[b]Q. Are you on schedule or ahead of schedule?[/b]

[b]A. [/b] I'd say right on schedule, right where I'm supposed to be.

[b]Q. How have the fans reacted to your injury?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Very overwhelming. I still get letters and cards back home in California from people sending them out from Cincinnati and Kentucky. There's been a number of times when my wife (Shaelyn) will open something up that came in the mail and it's just a hilarious card that a 7-year-old wrote or a kid in college that had a knee injury playing intramural basketball. It's been very overwhelming. People have been so supportive. They've been so heartbroken by what happened. It's been really touching to me and my family. I got a huge 10-foot-high greeting card — just different things that show the loyalty and support that this city and these Bengal fans have. It makes you that much more excited and makes you want to work that much harder to get back. You feel like you've really brought something positive to their lives. It's been special for me."

[b]Q. Where do people send cards?[/b]

[b]A. [/b] To my house in California, to family members to forward to me to my agent to the rehab facility I was working at. People didn't know how to get in contact and were just sending stuff all over the place, and all of it got back to me. It's been fun.

[b]Q. Is there one thing (card or letter) that sticks in your mind?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Not one thing, but I've gotten a care package of different cards from different classes from 4th graders from 7th graders from pre-school students drawing pictures of Rudi and Chad, just different things you open up, and it's hilarious. It just shows you the support this team has, the love for the game and the love for the team that this city has.

[b]Q. Who sent the 10-foot-high greeting card?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I've gotten a couple of them. I've gotten different things from companies, from a whole elementary school, just different people who have taken a lot of time. It really makes me appreciate it and appreciate our fan base.

[b]Q. When did you hear that the injury got the "career-threatening" tag?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I didn't really see it. The only thing I heard is I went into rehab two days after the surgery and somebody there said something got out about it being career-threatening. Just like the bowling thing. You just kind of laugh about it. I've been through a number of different rumor mills and all that. I just laugh at it and get to work.

[b]Q. Are you working on your upper-body strength?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Yup.

[b]Q. What have you learned from this process?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I think I learned how quickly things can be taken away from you. I think that's something ... like I said before, when I was driving away from the stadium in the third quarter, I'm listening to the game on the radio, looking back, and to think — it was a really weird experience to look back and think that I was just on that field. I rolled down the window and I could hear the crowd. It's just a very weird experience for me to realize that — (he snapped his fingers) — just like that, the season's over. You're done. You're playoff hopes are done for yourself individually. I'll take something from this and that'll be that you can't take it for granted. When you don't want to practice on a Wednesday afternoon, and you've been in meetings for six hours...you're excited about the game but you're tired and worn out, that's when I need to realize, hey, this was all taken away from me last year so don't take this for granted, realize how special this opportunity is and how lucky I am to be here.

[b]Q. If your rehab is 100 steps, how far along are you?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I'm probably through the first quarter. And there's four quarters. I'm heading into the second. The first quarter is getting the flex and extension back in your leg, and I got that fairly quickly. I was ahead of the game on that. Now I move into the second phase, which is the strength and conditioning. Then I'll move into running and jumping, and then I'll be ready to go.

[b]Q. What kind of car did you pull away from the stadium in the day you were injured?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I was in my Tahoe, heading home.

[b]Q. You said you didn't want Pittsburgh to win the Super Bowl.[/b]

[b]A.[/b] It just pissed me off. I was watching them play, and kept going back in my head the last time we beat them at their stadium. I just wanted Seattle to win so bad, and was getting so mad at all the things that were going on in that game. I ended up not watching the rest of it once they were pulling away. They're (the Steelers) our rival. They're the team we want to knock off. They're the team that nobody in our locker room likes. They're our rival, and you never want to see your rival win. Looking back at it, it just gives us that much more motivation going into their stadium or when they come into ours to beat 'em, and to knock off the top dog. If there's anything negative you can take from what they did, now they're the top dog and they've got everybody gunning at 'em. They're going to get our best game twice a year. They're going to get everybody they play, they're going to get their best game — just because they're the top dog, they're the defending world champs.

[b]Q. Any reaction to the fact that Kimo von Oelhoffen is now a New York Jet?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Everybody's wondering what I think about him. To be honest, I don't care. Like I said before, I don't hold a grudge. It's part of the game, whether he's in Pittsburgh or New York, wherever he is, when I step on the field to play against the Steelers, I'm not going to be thinking where's Kimo. I wish him the best of luck, moving on to New York, and that's that.

[b]Q. Where is this team mentally?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I think when we step on the field, no matter if we're playing the Houston Texans or the Pittsburgh Steelers, we feel like we should win and we feel like we can win. We're still a young team. We still have a lot of things to figure out. But we know we can play with the best of the best. We've beaten the Pittsburgh Steelers on their home turf, and we're still a ways away from being the team we want to be and the team we're gonna be. But that all happens in the coaching sessions, minicamps and training camp, and going through the preseason. That's where you build the team that steps on the field and beats the Steelers twice. Mentally, I think we're a confident and focused group of guys.

[b]Q. Steelers coach Bill Cowher admitted he's added to the rivalry by singing the Bengals' Who Dey chant.[/b]

[b]A.[/b] That's great. I love it. Rivalry games are the most fun games to play in for the fans, the players, you just can't stand the guys that are on the other sideline. It brings out that much more emotion and makes the game that much more fun. So when he started doing that, I was still pissed that they won, but I just realized he might have said something he shouldn't have said. Now it will just fuel our fire a little bit more and make us a little big hungrier to beat 'em.

[b]Q. After the injury, how tough was it at halftime when teammates checked on you?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] It was a very eerie feeling, just laying on the table knowing I'm not going to get up and go back out on the field with them, and seeing the emotion going on at halftime. We're up, 17-14, and just knowing, 'We're moving on. We're going to keep playing the way we have been.' I was expecting to get a win out of it. Everybody in that locker room was. For me, personally, it's just heartbreaking. You want to go out, make a difference, you want to help, you want to be part of a big win, the first playoff game at home... there's so many different things that were going into that game, and just knowing I wasn't able to step back out on the field was heartbreaking.

[b]Q. Did you get a chance to talk to Chad Johnson about what happened?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] I saw him right after it. A lot of stuff got said and rumors start and in a negative situation like that, a lot of rumors get started. After a big loss, somebody pops off, somebody says something they shouldn't have or makes something up ... Chad's a fierce competitor, loves to play the game, and ... nothing happened and we all moved on from that.

[b]Q. Have you had a chance to talk to Chris Henry at all about his personal problems (two arrests)?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] Yeah. We rehab together every day. I can't want to play with that guy again. He is such a good complement to our team. He's been through some stuff. It's going to make him stronger. He'll move on from there. He's been in here every single day rehabbing, working his butt off to get back, working out. He's here 3-4 weeks early before everybody else, just working out. He realizes he's hit a couple bumps in the road, but he's going to be a better person for it, and he's going to move on. He made a couple of bad decisions and he, more than anybody, genuinely sorry that he made 'em, and realizes he made 'em. He's been through a lot. All his family is from New Orleans. People getting moved from all over the place. He's had a tough year. Throw on top of that it's his rookie season, he's playing, he's trying to figure out an offense, make plays, make a name for himself. He's got so much commotion going on, it's tough to stay focused. He made a couple mistakes, but he'll move on from that.

[b]Q. How much will you miss Kitna?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] A ton. It's going to be tough. We had a lot of fun together. I learned a ton from him. We competed every day in whatever we did. I'm sad to see him go. But he's going into a great situation. He wanted a chance to play, and he's definitely got a chance to play. He's going to be a starter (in Detroit) and have a great year. I'm excited to watch him play.

[b]Q. Any reason why you're sticking with uniform number 9?[/b]

[b]A.[/b] It's a little too late to change it now. I'll stick with what works. It might make the merchandise people a little upset. But just stick with what works. Oh, real quick, I almost forgot. I'm doing a charity cornhole tournament in June, hopefully at the stadium. I want to put the word out. It's for the Lighthouse Youth Counselors and we're hoping to make it as big as possible, raise a ton of money. It goes straight to the Lighthouse. It's basically for a group of kids that are abused and abandoned. It helps put them in foster homes. There are going to be a ton of Bengal players there and a lot of great prizes. It'll be a chance to hang out with players and work on your cornhole. So get your game right.[/quote]

Guest BlackJesus
[center][img]http://www.bengals.com/assets/default/palmer060322-1.jpg[/img]

[url="http://www.wopvideos.com/videos/2018.htm"]turn up the volume [/url][/center]

Archived