Fire Bratkowski NOW!

I changed my stance.....earlier in this thread. I don't think Brat should be fired. I think Marvin needs to pull the reigns in on these stupid ass trick plays when we have a good lead, tell Brat when we have a good lead to run Rudi more, and the next time he tries to call that damn shovel pass on 3rd and long to have security eject him from the stadium!

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='384725' date='Nov 12 2006, 04:48 PM']take away the Mckardel pass.take away the fumble..game we win <_<[/quote]

Take away the Chargers 42 points in the second half and we win. And it's Marvin's defense too. Can't let him off the hook.

Shame on all of you calling for Bratkowski's firing :onoudidnt:

I don't know what the percentage of winning football games when an offense puts up 41 points but my guess is that it's probably at least 98% of the time that they win. The offense might finally be coming around as they have now averaged 29.3 PPG in their last 3 games even in defeat.

If anything else Chucky needs to go. I don't know why they let every QB, RB, WR, TE they play look like a fucking pro-bowler. Shit you wouldn't have known Phillip Rivers was a 1st year starter after todays game. Hell we made Mike Vick look really good and look how he's done the last two weeks in losses against the Lions and Browns? 42 pts in the 2nd half allowed?!? You gotta be kidding me...especially after only allowing 7 pts in the first half?!? Does he not make any adjustments??? I know the LB corps has been beat up, but this is getting obsurd. If anyone goes it has to be Chucky.

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='IKOTA' post='385637' date='Nov 13 2006, 11:47 AM']Bengals scored 41 points Sunday....41 POINTS!!!
[b]But only 13 when it really mattered. [/b][/quote]

So the first 30 minutes didn`t really matter ? :blink:
The first half is just for warm up now ? :huh:

I`m still going bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha @ this thread.
And you just added to the ridiculousness...

[quote name='oldschooler' post='385641' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:22 PM']So the first 30 minutes didn`t really matter ? :blink:
The first half is just for warm up now ? :huh:
I`m still going bwahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahaha @ this thread.
And you just added to the ridiculousness...[/quote]

So apparently you don't see a problem with scoring only 13 points in the second half? Compared to the other team's 42. It's about adjustments. Our coaches don't have it in them to adjust.

People kill me with complacency. I to am going bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....only it's not at this thread.

Guest A-Men-HouseofPain

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='385645' date='Nov 13 2006, 12:55 PM']I miss knowing that the Bengals suck. At least then I didn't get my heart broke every Sunday.[/quote]
:lmao:

[quote name='Sox' post='385642' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:23 PM']The defense blew chunks.

[b]The offense did score 41 points.But lost in all that is the offense went 0-6 on third down conversions in the second half.[/b]

It was a team effort for sure in the second half,lead by the defense.[/quote]

But don't worry, it doesn't matter....they scored 28 points in the first half!!!!! You know, when it counts the most!!!

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='IKOTA' post='385647' date='Nov 13 2006, 11:56 AM']So apparently you don't see a problem with scoring only 13 points in the second half? Compared to the other team's 42. It's about adjustments. Our coaches don't have it in them to adjust.[/quote]

I don`t see a problem with scoring 13 points in a game, as long as the Defense holds
the other team to at least 12 points.

And I love how you`re ignoring the drop by TJ on 3rd down that would have have been
a for sure 1st down, and the drop by Henry that would have been a TD...

[quote]People kill me with complacency.[/quote]

Yeah I feel contentment with scoring 13 points in a Half.
You do realize that 13 points is about what the Colts average per half ?

The Bengals Offense has averaged 29.3 points a game during this
3 game losing streak. The Defense is allowing 34.6 points a game.

I think anytime you spot your Defense 21 points you should win
regardless if your Offense gets a 1st down the 2nd Half,
much less scores 13 points.

Yet some people are acting like the Offense lost this game ?

Yeah I`m complacent with the Offense. And You`re just a hater...

[quote]I to am going bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.....only it's not at this thread.[/quote]

Looking in the mirror again ?

[quote name='TheBeaverHunter' post='385645' date='Nov 13 2006, 12:55 PM']I miss knowing that the Bengals suck. At least then I didn't get my heart broke every Sunday.[/quote]
They still did break my heart every Sunday. Even though they were bad, and even though they were supposed to lose, there was always hope. They would knock off some team that had taken them for granted, and/or played the game of their lives and would win occassionally. There was always hope, some of us were homers back then too. I had my heart broken again, and again, and again, but I never gave up.

FWIW, I have not given up on this year either. The odds are quickly stacking up against us, but until we are mathmatically eliminated from the playoffs, I'm not giving up hopes for a playoff run.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='385660' date='Nov 13 2006, 03:45 PM']I don`t see a problem with scoring 13 points in a game, as long as the Defense holds
the other team to at least 12 points.

And I love how you`re ignoring the drop by TJ on 3rd down that would have have been
a for sure 1st down, and the drop by Henry that would have been a TD...
Yeah I feel contentment with scoring 13 points in a Half.
You do realize that 13 points is about what the Colts average per half ?

The Bengals Offense has averaged 29.3 points a game during this
3 game losing streak. The Defense is allowing 34.6 points a game.

I think anytime you spot your Defense 21 points you should win
regardless if your Offense gets a 1st down the 2nd Half,
much less scores 13 points.

Yet some people are acting like the Offense lost this game ?

Yeah I`m complacent with the Offense. And You`re just a hater...
Looking in the mirror again ?[/quote]

How old are you again?

I blame the offense and the defense since the offense did not score more points than the other team and the defense allowed that scoring to take place. You should demand more.

So you think I'm a hater.....I'm heartbroken.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='385695' date='Nov 13 2006, 02:16 PM']How old are you again?

[b]I blame the offense[/b] and the defense since the offense did not score more points than the other team and the defense allowed that scoring to take place. You should demand more.

So you think I'm a hater.....I'm heartbroken.[/quote]

Cripes, Bro the O scored 41 points yesterday, its extreamly rare to score 41 and lose, unless the D that you are fielding is useless.

Guest schotzee

I know what you mean.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='IKOTA' post='385695' date='Nov 13 2006, 01:16 PM']How old are you again?[/quote]

Old enough to know a 21 point lead at any point of the game should be a win.
I`m also old enough to know that 41 points should win a game.

Hell if the Bengals had scored 41 points in all their other games, they`d be 8-1 right now.

[quote]I blame the offense and the defense since the offense did not score more points than the other team and the defense allowed that scoring to take place.[/quote]

That`s just stupid... seriously.

[quote]You should demand more.[/quote]

I demand a lot. I don`t think the Defense could hear me yesterday though.

[quote]So you think I'm a hater.....I'm heartbroken.[/quote]

I know sometimes heart broken people do and say stupid things.
But what`s your excuse for bashing Bratkowski in almost every posts you make ?

Guest Francisco d'Anconia
[quote name='A-Men-HouseofPain' post='385326' date='Nov 12 2006, 11:42 PM']oh man, i cant wait for Francisco to get on here. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]
Overall Brat had a great game today. There were only 2 plays i openly disliked in the stands. The shovel pass (leave that for Green Bay, lets not use it ever again) and The 3rd time we did the hand off to Jeremi Johnson. Other than those 2 plays i thought it was a great balance and a lot of attacking deep. Great game overall for Brat. To bad Jeremi fucked up on that block or else we probably would have won the game, although many things happend in the game and that wasnt the make or break play. Just wished he woulda stopped Phillips cuz jeremi is better than he did on that play.[/quote]

[b]I've given up defending my case. It's clearly a winless battle.

Eveyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether their opinions are right, wrong, black, green, or fucking purple.

If anyone wants to chat football or have something positive to say I'm down.

If you want to bash Chuck, Brat, Tory James, etc and be Mr. Doomsday Pessimist- go right ahead. I'm not reading your shit.

We are turning this thing around. pissburgh's fans didn't lay down last year. I expect everyone of you mother fuckers to cheer louder cuz as I always say: "WE STILL GOT THIS"

I've seen crazier things happen and I'm not about to give up on my team.[/b]

Guest WhoDeyForever

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' post='385969' date='Nov 13 2006, 06:53 PM'][b]I've given up defending my case. It's clearly a winless battle.

Eveyone is entitled to their own opinions, whether their opinions are right, wrong, black, green, or fucking purple.

If you want to bash Chuck, Brat, Tory James, etc and be Mr. Doomsday Pessimist- go right ahead. I'm not reading your shit.

We are turning this thing around. pissburgh's fans didn't lay down last year. I expect everyone of you mother fuckers to cheer louder cuz as I always say: "WE STILL GOT THIS"

I've seen crazier things happen and I'm not about to give up on my team.[/b][/quote]

:headbang: That sig is cool as hell BTW

[quote name='Francisco d'Anconia' post='385969' date='Nov 13 2006, 06:53 PM'][b]I've given up defending my case. It's clearly a winless battle.

I've seen crazier things happen and I'm not about to give up on my team.[/b][/quote]

Same way I feel... A lot of people having giving up on this team and unrightly so. We are still a VERY dangerous team and a lot can still happen.

If loss number 8 hits, then it's time to think about next year but until then I STILL BELIEVE.

What's "athletism"?

Maybe it's the unnatural desire to turn every game into a shootout?

Look dude I'm not out to bash Brat, I think he's a good OC, I just wonder why we don't run the ball more when protecting a lead. And I don't like shovel passes, but whatever. He has a winning gameplan every week and gets the most out of our players. But when you have a 3-score lead, why not run it every down that's not 3rd and 6+?

Last week we managed to get back into the game after a 14-point disaster in the opening minutes, and a lot of that was because we didn't give up on the run. This week I can't help but feel like we hung the defense out to dry somewhat by not controlling the clock. We turned the game into a shootout when it didn't need to be, and that bothers me.

Maybe I'm completely ignorant here, but if all you can offer as counter-argument is this "insider" card its starting to wear thin. I mean, one of my friends parks the player's cars sometimes where he works, and that contributes absolutely nothing to his overall "football IQ".

;)

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='bengals.com']Lewis said he’s satisfied with that system and with the way the Bengals tweaked the way they handled their offense Sunday by giving offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski more control from the booth and less to quarterback Carson Palmer.[/quote]

[quote name='T-Dub' post='386060' date='Nov 13 2006, 09:27 PM']What's "athletism"?

Maybe it's the unnatural desire to turn every game into a shootout?

Look dude I'm not out to bash Brat, I think he's a good OC, I just wonder why we don't run the ball more when protecting a lead. And I don't like shovel passes, but whatever. He has a winning gameplan every week and gets the most out of our players. But when you have a 3-score lead, why not run it every down that's not 3rd and 6+?

Last week we managed to get back into the game after a 14-point disaster in the opening minutes, and a lot of that was because we didn't give up on the run. This week I can't help but feel like we hung the defense out to dry somewhat by not controlling the clock. We turned the game into a shootout when it didn't need to be, and that bothers me.

Maybe I'm completely ignorant here, but if all you can offer as counter-argument is this "insider" card its starting to wear thin. I mean, one of my friends parks the player's cars sometimes where he works, and that contributes absolutely nothing to his overall "football IQ".

;)[/quote]

I'd say this guy has a little bit more of a connection to the team than your car parking buddy...

Archived