Bored Talk: If you could take a player from another team, who would it be? (Edited to avoid Playing God a la Mary Shelley's Dr. Frankenstein--not the David Duchovny movie)

Guest CincyInDC
I wolnt make a comment on the bad spelling epidemic.

You didn't put a time constraint on this fantasy. Old-school LT. [b]Lawrence Taylor[/b]. I'd watch him snap anyone's leg as long as it's not Carson's.

[quote name='Jason' post='494107' date='Jun 1 2007, 05:34 PM']Those of you calling for Merriman, would we switch to a 3-4, put him at DE, or do you think he's fast enough to play LB in a 4-3?[/quote]

he'd be a great fit as a 4-3 DE....maybe even better than a 3-4 LB. his body type fits better as a DE than a LB. he's bigger, faster, and stronger than anyone we currently have. prototype is the word that fits here.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='494119' date='Jun 1 2007, 06:40 PM']I wolnt make a comment on the bad spelling epidemic.

You didn't put a time constraint on this fantasy. Old-school LT. [b]Lawrence Taylor[/b]. I'd watch him snap anyone's leg as long as it's not Carson's.[/quote]

well, if you're going down that road...give me a young reggie white or a warren sapp in his prime. ray the knife wouldn't be a bad option, either.

[quote name='LeonardWheeler' post='494053' date='Jun 1 2007, 08:49 PM']LaVar Arrington
:ninja:[/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]
[quote name='Bunghole' post='494123' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:58 PM']I can't think of anyone other than those already mentioned. Dwight Freeney?
Adalius Thomas?
[b]Ifeyane Ohalete?[/b][/quote]
:EMOTICON ANGRY: :EMOTICON ANGRY: :EMOTICON ANGRY: :EMOTICON ANGRY:

I love you bung, but [size=6]FUCK YOU![/size]

and back to our regularly scheduled programming....

Lawrence Taylor. Though he'd have been busted for coke and never given a shot at the HOF due to the bias against the Bengals.

[quote name='scharm' post='494145' date='Jun 1 2007, 06:18 PM']Casey Hampton or Shaun Rogers.

Those are players that can truly make everyone else better on D.[/quote]
Forgot about Shaun Rogers. Hampton's a Steeler, so....no.

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Damn, that is a long title.

Back to the topic:

Why not Dick Butkus, or Mel Blout, or Mike Singeltary (in their primes of course)

Or for the modern era, give me Champ Bailey to play beside Jon-jo.

And I am the only one that is unaffected by the jamieB Virus.......muwhahahahahahahahahahaa......................

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='494189' date='Jun 2 2007, 02:48 AM']:crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Damn, that is a long title.
Back to the topic:

Why not Dick Butkus, or Mel Blout, or Mike [size=6][b]Singeltary [/b][/size](in their primes of course)
Or for the modern era, give me Champ Bailey to play beside Jon-jo.
[b]And I am the only one that is unaffected by the jamieB Virus.......muwhahahahahahahahahahaa......................[/quote][/b]
Nope. It's spelled Sing[b]le[/b]tary :whistle:

Guest ONYX

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='494224' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:00 PM']Damn it!! :shakesfist:
This is what I get for residing in the same state that JamieB is in. :ninja:
Hi JamieB :wave:[/quote]

[b][color="#FF0000"]Oh BTW, It's [size=4]Mel Blount[/size], not Mel Blout.[/color][/b]

Guest CincyInDC

[quote name='DanvilleBengal' post='494224' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:00 PM']Damn it!! :shakesfist:

This is what I get for residing in the same state that JamieB is in. :ninja:

Hi JamieB :wave:[/quote]

Thank God I only wurk in that stayte.

[quote name='sneaky' post='494226' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:03 PM'][b][color="#FF0000"]Oh BTW, It's [size=4]Mel Blount[/size], not Mel Blout.[/color][/b][/quote]*ears perked up*

DID SOMEBODY SAY BLUNT?!?!?!

on topic: id say a strong and consistent mlb is what we need the most. so id guess a ray lewis in his prime would be cool... although, that dick butkus suggestion is a great idea.

[quote name='sneaky' post='494226' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:03 PM'][b][color="#FF0000"]Oh BTW, It's [size=4]Mel Blount[/size], not Mel Blout.[/color][/b][/quote]

:rant:

Who gives a fuck about spellign anyways? At least you know what I mean.

:ninja:

*looks at tarnished medal from winning spelling bee in 3rd grade*

Guest CincyInDC
[quote name='Nati Ice' post='494230' date='Jun 1 2007, 11:08 PM']*ears perked up*

DID SOMEBODY SAY BLUNT?!?!?!

on topic: id say a strong and consistent mlb is what we need the most. so id guess a ray lewis in his prime would be cool... although, that dick butkus suggestion is a great idea.[/quote]

Ray Lewis, Dick Butkus. Anyone on the D who carries this and can back it up.

[img]http://www.perfectduluthday.com/BadAssMotherFuckerWallet.JPG[/img]

[quote name='bengaled' post='494127' date='Jun 2 2007, 08:04 AM']well, if you're going down that road...give me a young reggie white or a warren sapp in his prime. ray the knife wouldn't be a bad option, either.[/quote]

I'm saddened that you would go old school and not pick up David Fulcher.
MULLY

[quote name='scharm' post='494145' date='Jun 1 2007, 08:18 PM']Casey Hampton or Shaun Rogers.

Those are players that can truly make everyone else better on D.[/quote]

yeah, i strongly considered those two also. i like how you think, sharm. :headbang:

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='494274' date='Jun 2 2007, 02:29 AM']I'm saddened that you would go old school and not pick up David Fulcher.
MULLY[/quote]

i loved ole fulrock as much as anybody, but he'd get eatin up in today's game and would probably never be a safety under marvin lewis.

Archived