Needed amendments to make immigration bill

Guest bengalrick

Guest bengalrick
The immigration bill that recently was pulled, and is now being pushed again by Bush is a pretty weak bill, but with a few key amendments, it could work... here are my ideas:

- i HATE what the current bill proposes, as far as "bringing people out of the dark" by making them go back to their home country and then pay like 5000 dollars to become a US citizen... first of all, who in their right mind would do that if you were an illegial immigrant? for one thing, it would take all year to save up that kind of money for me, so i can assume it will be similar for immigrants... Also, what are the chances that we will round up illegals and start deporting them? probably almost no chance...

SOLUTION: instead of making them go home (on paper, i'd like this the most, but i am reasonable enough to know it isn't going to happen) offer anyone (w/out felonies) to legally sign up for the workers permit. They should also sign up to become a US citizen (if they want to)... either way, we will be able to collect taxes on these people and will be able to account for them. But they will not be able to vote until they get US citizenship and everyone is happy this way, except those that are really xenophobes... and this would actually work...

To make sure it works though, give about a year to sign up for the right programs, and then actually start aggressively enforcing the laws to push the issue even more... this should focus on mainly businesses though, b/c that is the main way to thwart illegials...

obviously to make this work too, you have to increase the amount of legal immigrants into the country, which is a good thing economically speaking anyway...

this way, no wall, no amnesty, no free voters, more tax revenue, more security... i think this is the route we need to take...

any suggestions, arguments, or improvements anyone can think of?

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='Ben' post='499188' date='Jun 12 2007, 03:48 PM']This bill is bush's pet, i dont think he is going to budge.[/quote]

from the looks of it, your right... i can't believe he is predicting it will get done... as of right now, there is almost no chance it will get done... must know something we don't...

Guest BlackJesus

[color="#A0522D"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]
How about we make everyone man woman and child currently in America who would like to be a US Citizen a US citizen after they ...

* Prove they are not wanted for any crimes
* Pass a basic class in US civics and English language
* Pay a 500 $ fine (that will in effect go to pay for the classes)

Then withdraw all US troops from Iraq .... &

= Put 100,000 US troops on the Mexican border
= Put 50,000 US troops on the Canadian border

:contract: AND REALLY SEAL THE BORDER.

Next put a 10 year seal on any new US citizens via immigration .... and put a 3 year ban on all work visas etc.

Also pass a bill that says any more blanket amnesty in the future will have to be approved by 4/5ths of the states (would make it impossible)

This will cause wages to rise in time as no more immigrants show up and the others are brought into the workforce. [/b] [/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='499283' date='Jun 12 2007, 04:34 PM'][color="#A0522D"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]
How about we make everyone man woman and child currently in America who would like to be a US Citizen a US citizen after they ...

= Put 50,000 US troops on the Candian border

Next put a 10 year seal on any new US citizens via immigration .... and put a 3 year ban on all work visas etc.

Also pass a bill that says any more blanket amnesty in the future will have to be approved by 4/5ths of the states (would make it impossible)

This will cause wages to rise in time as no more immigrants show up and the others are brought into the workforce. [/b] [/size][/font][/color][/quote]
Hmmmm...some of that could work, although I hardly see the need for putting 50,000 US troops along the Canadian border, because it's so big that if someone wants to risk getting across for nefarious purposes, they will be able to do so.
I think that being steadfast about punishing US employers that employ illegals will do the trick.
If there are no jobs unless they get documented, they won't come here.
Dangle the carrot of worker's amnesty to get documented and it should fall into place. The immigrants would line up to be legal if they knew that there would be no more work if they remained illegal because nobody could hire them....

[quote name='Ben' post='499188' date='Jun 12 2007, 03:48 PM']This bill is bush's pet, i dont think he is going to budge.[/quote]

The Dems like it as much as Bush. It didn't get pulled until the phone lines were flooded.

Guest BlackJesus
[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Most Americans would revolt (myself included) if the US started using Gestapo to round up millions of people into Cattle Cars ...

So the ones that are here aren't going anywhere.

But you can stop the next 12-20 million ...

but we would need to quit using our National guard as Baghdad police and actually have them guard the nation (crazy concept I know) [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='499305' date='Jun 12 2007, 04:59 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Most Americans would revolt (myself included) if the US started using Gestapo to round up millions of people into Cattle Cars ...

but we would need to quit using our National guard as Baghdad police and actually have them guard the nation (crazy concept I know) [/b][/size][/font][/quote]
If we could get more rational thinking people like you to enlist in the regular Army, then we could bring the Guard home and do as you suggest.
Just sign on the dotted line, please...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='BlackJesus' post='499305' date='Jun 12 2007, 06:59 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Most Americans would revolt (myself included) if the US started using Gestapo to round up millions of people into Cattle Cars ...

but we would need to quit using our National guard as Baghdad police and actually have them guard the nation (crazy concept I know) [/b][/size][/font][/quote]

no, you force them to sign up for the worker program... allow them to work while applying for citizenship, and then hunt down the ones that don't apply or leave... divide and conquer... amnesty will never work b/c the time the bill gets signed, the next 12 million are already here...

[quote name='Jason' post='499299' date='Jun 12 2007, 11:53 PM']The Dems like it as much as Bush. It didn't get pulled until the phone lines were flooded.[/quote]
:blink: which party are you claiming to be listening to the people? as far as I can tell, neither are paying any attention to the wishes of the majority - see the recent funding of the war till 09 by the spineless Dems...

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='499283' date='Jun 12 2007, 06:34 PM'][color="#A0522D"][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]How about we make everyone man woman and child currently in America who would like to be a US Citizen a US citizen after they ...

= Put 50,000 US troops on the Canadian border

This will cause wages to rise in time as no more immigrants show up and the others are brought into the workforce.[/b][/size][/font][/color][/quote]id have little problem with this idea except that the fine needs to be bigger and a complete and guarded fence/border should be put in place to stop this from happening ever again. the fine could be stretched out to include an increased income tax for illegals for 5 years to help pay for all of the government services rendered to non taxpayers during the past invasion, and those not willing to comply would have their asses shipped the fuck out.

the idea that all of the ILLEGAL immigrants could be shipped back home is nearly impossible.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='499305' date='Jun 12 2007, 06:59 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Most Americans would revolt (myself included) if the US started using Gestapo to round up millions of people into Cattle Cars...[/b][/size][/font][/quote]no they wouldnt, but im sure all the jews who would read this thread appreciate the comparison between modern america enforcing widely accepted and established national immigration laws and hitlers regime using the ss to kill those of a specific race or belief system.

:rolleyes:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='499417' date='Jun 12 2007, 11:22 PM']no they wouldnt, but im sure all the jews who would read this thread appreciate the comparison between modern america enforcing widely accepted and established national immigration laws and hitlers regime using the ss to kill those of a specific race or belief system.

:rolleyes:[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Hitlers "rounding up" was not sold as a plan to round up in order to kill. They rounded up Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, midgets, immigrants, non-whites, muslims, masons, etc etc.

Then most were placed into work camps under the guise of deciding "what to do with them" until then. The extermination comes later.

And in order for the U.S. to round up 20 million people and deport them ... we would need a "Gestapo like" system in place. That would include police, armed units, informants, undercover stings, raids on homes in the night, cattle cars to ship them all somewhere before processing, camps to keep them in while processing etc. Hell I wonder if anyone will care about reading little Maria's diary from the attic about her time hiding from the American police who were trying to round her up to ship her back to Guatemala. [/b][/size][/font]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='499697' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:48 AM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]Hitlers "rounding up" was not sold as a plan to round up in order to kill. They rounded up Jews, Gypsies, Homosexuals, midgets, immigrants, non-whites, muslims, masons, etc etc.

Then most were placed into work camps under the guise of deciding "what to do with them" until then. The extermination comes later.
And in order for the U.S. to round up 20 million people and deport them ... we would need a "Gestapo like" system in place. That would include police, armed units, informants, undercover stings, raids on homes in the night, cattle cars to ship them all somewhere before processing, camps to keep them in while processing etc. Hell I wonder if anyone will care about reading little [color="#FF0000"]Maria's diary from the attic about her time hiding from the American police[/color] who were trying to round her up to ship her back to Guatemala. [/b][/size][/font][/quote]
BJ, would she be hiding in your attic?

:ninja:

Guest BlackJesus

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='499715' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:04 PM']BJ, would she be hiding in your attic?
:ninja:[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I do love Hot Latinas :whistle:

I could be the American Schindler for hot latin women :ninja:

[i]"Must be a 36-24-36 to be on my list" [/b][/size][/font][/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='499726' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:10 PM'][font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b]I do love Hot Latinas :whistle:
I could be the American Schindler for hot latin women :ninja:
[i]"Must be a 36-24-36 to be on my list" [/b][/size][/font][/i][/quote]
[i]"mister, mister can I hide in your attic?"

says BJ: I don't know - let me see your tits first. [/i]

damn, doesn't sound like a bad gig... when can we start these patrols?:ninja:

Guest BlackJesus
[center][color="#0000FF"][font="Arial Narrow"]
[size=4]
[b]Who is closer to a "Native American" ?

[img]http://www.ipgri.cgiar.org/themes/human/images/People_guatemala.jpg[/img]

or

[img]http://www.3rednecktenors.com/images/Redneck_boat.jpg[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/39.gif[/img][/b][/size][/font][/color][/center]

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='499734' date='Jun 13 2007, 11:21 AM']Why is it that we do not have a problem with illegal immigrants from Canada?

The answer to that question indicates the best, and probably only, long-term solution to border control.[/quote]

Cause Canada doesn't blow as much.

So the answer is fix Mexico.

[quote name='Homer_Rice' post='499734' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:21 PM']Why is it that we do not have a problem with illegal immigrants from Canada?

The answer to that question indicates the best, and probably only, long-term solution to border control.[/quote]

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='sois' post='499802' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:42 PM']Just amnestize all of Mexico. Take it over. Strike first, strike hard, no mercy sir.[/quote]

no thanks...

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='sois' post='499810' date='Jun 13 2007, 01:58 PM']Porque?[/quote]

no thanks... the 51st state mexico would be a drag on our economy ;)

Archived