You're a 70s kid if

Storm

You had three channels of tv (4 if you were lucky enough to pick up channel 19)

You played outside in the summer because you never heard of A/C

Your neighbor could whip your ass then your parents would whip your ass for embarrassing them

Your teacher could whip your ass then guess what?

You could get a football, basketball or baseball game together any time of day or night

You've heard the rumor that Bob Shreve was gay

You thought the Cool Ghoul was cool

You remember a time before VCRs.

You remember On TV and On+

You remember when Disco was cool

You remember when a TV remote was connected to the TV with a cable.

You remember when the Reds were good. [b]REALLY[/b] good.

You remember warning signs about pace makers and microwaves.

You remember before microwaves.

You remember LPs and 8 track tapes.

(some of these might be more 80s)

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='499391' date='Jun 12 2007, 10:04 PM']You were mad as hell that you couldn't go this concert @ Hara Arena, even though you were only 6 at the time :headbang:

[img]http://www.foothillcougars.com/justforfun/classicrock/kiss/Kiss%20original.jpg[/img][/quote]

Well, 9, and Riverfront Coluseum, but yeah. My mom even promised to get me tickets then backed out.

You know what someone means when they say The Who Concert, and remember it.

[quote name='Jason' post='499393' date='Jun 13 2007, 03:10 AM']Well, 9, and Riverfront Coluseum, but yeah. My mom even promised to get me tickets then backed out.

You know what someone means when they say The Who Concert, and remember it.[/quote]
My best friend who lived next door to me as a kid... his dad worked @ the Dayton Daily News. He didn't get to go to the show, either, but he got a great poster-sized color photo from the show that was taken by a photographer for the paper. I am still jealous [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

[color="#FF0000"][b]You are a 70s kid if.......

_You remember it to be pretty common to see parents beat the shit out of their kids in public.

_You remember "BP" used to be called "SOHIO"

_You remember the "Uncle Al" show.

_You remember that by 2AM on most of the TV stations, there was the national anthem and then static.

_You remember wanting to bone Lynda Carter. (Wonder Woman)

_You remember the TV themed school lunch boxes.

_You remember when Micheal Jackson looked normal.

_You remember "Mork'N'Mindy", "Simon and Simon" and "That's Incredible"

_You remember "Regular" and "Unleaded" gas.

_You remember drive-in cinemas.

_You remember when Dilliards used to be McAlpins and McAlpins used to be Shillitos and Shillitos used to be Pogues.

_You remember stores in the Cincinnati area named "Steinbergs", "Gold Circle", "Swallens" and "Children's Palace".

_You remember fast food joints named "Burger Chef" and "Roy Rogers".

_You remember when a "Big Boy" and a "Big Mac" were fucking delicious.

_You remember when there was no such thing as "pizza delivery"

_You remember how pissed you were when you discovered the record you just bought was scratched or warped.

_You know the difference between a "12" and a "45" when it comes to music.
[/b][/color]

hell, i remember this shit and i am in no way a fuckin old guy.

_You remember when Dilliards used to be McAlpins
_You remember stores in the Cincinnati area named "Swallens"
_You remember fast food joints named "Roy Rogers".
_You remember "BP" used to be called "SOHIO"

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='499550' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:14 AM']hell, i remember this shit and i am in no way a fuckin old guy.
_You remember when Dilliards used to be McAlpins
_You remember stores in the Cincinnati area named "Swallens"
_You remember fast food joints named "Roy Rogers".
_You remember "BP" used to be called "SOHIO"[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Well considering you are 99 years old, I beg to differ. :rolleyes:
BTW, who said 70's kids were old? :shakesfist: [/b][/color]

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='499557' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:46 AM']Burger chef... wow. That's a blast from the past. Shilitos, Gold Circle, our family's first microwave oven. Oh look, another gray hair :glare:

[b]And btw sneaky, a big boy sandwich is still fucking delicious.[/b] I'll have mine with extra tartare sauce, please. Breakfast of champions :thumbsup:[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]I dont know what it is man, but Big Boys are not as good as they used to be. And when I think
about it, the quality of fast food in general has steadily declined while the price of fast food steadily
increases.

I should know, because nobody eats more junk food than I do.[/b][/color]

[quote name='Jason' post='499392' date='Jun 13 2007, 02:08 AM']You remember a time before VCRs.

You remember On TV and On+

You remember when Disco was cool

[b]You remember when a TV remote was connected to the TV with a cable. [/b]

You remember when the Reds were good. [b]REALLY[/b] good.

You remember warning signs about pace makers and microwaves.

You remember before microwaves.

You remember LPs and 8 track tapes.

(some of these might be more 80s)[/quote]

I remember when I was the TV remote ^_^

[quote name='sneaky' post='499567' date='Jun 13 2007, 12:50 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Well considering you are 99 years old, I beg to differ. :rolleyes:
[color="#FF0000"][b]I dont know what it is man, but Big Boys are not as good as they used to be. And when I think
about it, the quality of fast food in general has steadily declined while the price of fast food steadily
increases.

I should know, because nobody eats more junk food than I do.[/b][/color][/quote]
You're prolly right. I know McD's and Burger King have gone to shit. Wendy's isn't half bad, though.

When you only get one BigBoy a year, I guess you don't tend to notice the decline so much. <_<

[quote name='sneaky' post='499567' date='Jun 13 2007, 07:50 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Well considering you are 99 years old, I beg to differ. :rolleyes:
increases.

I should know, because nobody eats more junk food than I do.[/b][/color][/quote]

I agree. Big Boys and fast food in general isn't as good as it used to be. I worked at McD's in the late 70s-early 80s and it was actually a cool high school job as far as jobs go. Everyone you worked with except for a couple managers, you knew from high school and partied after work on the weekends. The food was directly off the grill, now they're stored in bins and compiled when ordered and microwaved. And we had to be friendly, fast and courteous or we were gone. You high school kids that work in fast food can look those words up if you like. Now you're lucky if your cashier even says anything to you.

As far as your list, I should have a ton of them, but the only thing I've got right now is:

3.2 beer (That you could buy when you're 18.)
Cash D. Amburgy's Big Bargain Barn

[quote name='sneaky' post='499544' date='Jun 13 2007, 05:29 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]You are a 70s kid if.......

_You remember the "Uncle Al" show.

_You remember wanting to bone Lynda Carter. (Wonder Woman)
[/b][/color][/quote]
I was on the "Uncle Al" show.

And, Lynda Carter was a fine piece of ass...

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='499612' date='Jun 13 2007, 09:44 AM']I was on the "Uncle Al" show.

And, Lynda Carter was a fine piece of ass...[/quote]

I was on the Uncle Al show and the less popular Skipper Ryle show. Our moms took us down there because none of them worked. We never heard of Day Care. Stay at home moms? Well, of course. My grandmother watched these kids up the street during the day and we thought that was really strange.

You remember who Jack Lambert is and hate him to this day

You raced home from school to watch Ultra Man

You could get into a fistfight without getting shot or stabbed

You could buy a 16 oz coke and a bag of chips for 25 cents

You could play a pinball game for a nickel

Your dad could wreck his car drunk out of his mind with a beer in hand and the cops would blame speed as the cause

[quote name='Enon Bengal' post='499902' date='Jun 13 2007, 08:53 PM']I forgot about Ultra Man. That was some good stuff there!!

Speed Racer was a must watch after school too.[/quote]

And Johnny Quest on Saturday morning :)

[quote name='Storm' post='500054' date='Jun 14 2007, 12:27 AM'][url="http://www.school-house-rock.com/Bill.html"]I'm only a bill and I'm sitting here on capitol hill[/url]

Remember singing along on Saturday morning?[/quote]
Schoolhouse Rock was the best. I have a bunch of those on VHS... to bad I don't own a VCR anymore :D

[quote name='sneaky' post='499544' date='Jun 13 2007, 06:29 PM'][color="#FF0000"][b]You are a 70s kid if.......

_You remember when Dilliards used to be McAlpins and McAlpins used to be Shillitos and Shillitos used to be Pogues.

[/b][/color][/quote]

Nah, that ain't right. McAlpin's never had any connection to Shillito's. Shilito's became Lazarus and then was eventually bought out by Macy's. At least some of them were. Pogues was a totally different store. Actually there was a Pogues downtown on 5th street and Shillito's was on 7th and Race. Dilliards was also an independant store that was opened by John Dilliard. Dilliard's did acquire a few McAlpins stores in the 90's but they had nothing to do with Shillito's.
MULLY
my grandma worked for Shillito's/Lazarus for 40 years

Archived