What "guilty pleasure" music are you willing to admit to?

BENGALS666

I have always liked that Amboy Dukes song...and that Floyd song....

And:

AHOOOOOOOOOOOO....Werewolves Of London....

I also listen to Sara McLaughlin, Bjork (whom I admire for vocal strength), Skunk Anansie, Buddy Holly, Del Shannon, Dion, Jonzei....etc....

[quote name='Bunghole' post='517082' date='Jul 26 2007, 07:01 PM']I have always liked that Amboy Dukes song...and that Floyd song....

And:

AHOOOOOOOOOOOO....Werewolves Of London....

I also listen to Sara McLaughlin, Bjork (whom I admire for vocal strength), Skunk Anansie, Buddy Holly, Del Shannon, Dion, Jonzei....etc....[/quote]

Hardly guilty pleasures though...

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='516829' date='Jul 26 2007, 03:31 PM'][img]http://jeanoroid.com/feud.jpg[/img]

My last response to BB [b]retracted![/b]
I'm sorry, the old lady with the purse poodle doesn't tell the German Shepherd master that he has shitty taste in dogs...
That video was was pure haggard Prog-rock lameness.. Give me some "WWF rock" over that any day of the week...
Shitty taste in music back at ya....

Just to deflect the Uber-lameness of that video here's some Supersuckers..
[/quote]

Wow. You just proved my point better than I ever could have. :lol:

My work here is done. ^_^

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='517272' date='Jul 27 2007, 01:27 AM']Thank gawd...[/quote]

You know, I was dragged into this thread when Mully said my taste in music oozed out my ass. Go back and read the thread.

I then said that it seemed to me the two musicians had the worst taste in music. In almost every post I made, I qualified my opinion with a disclaimer that everyone has different tastes, to each his own, etcetera. I even used smileys, and little round dudes throwing rocks to show that I wasn't trying to make it personal with either of you. Go back and read the thread.

You were the one being a dick to me in the elimination thread. I pretty much let it slide through the whole thread and I mostly stopped participating. I probably voted less than 10 times in that whole thread. It seemed pointless. I sort of watched the way people were voting though and I noticed that my tastes were more different than the two of you, than pretty much anyone.

That kind of surprised me, because even though I'm older than both of you, we're closer in age than I am with most people on the board. I also play a little guitar, or used to anyway. I ran sound for a local bar band for about a year many years ago. A lot of my extended family are musicians. Several of the ones who live in Murfreesboro have made their living in music. Over the years, several of my friends have been in bands. None of that makes my opinion any more valid than anyone elses, I'm just saying that I too have been around music much of my life and I expected us to have more in common as far as musical taste.

You seem to have no problem stating what does and doesn't suck in your opinion, why should I? As you have said, great musicians are a dime a dozen. The fact that you learned how to play guitar doesn't make you the authority on what does or doesn't constitute good music. Beauty is in the ear of the beholder.

You two are making this way more personal than I ever intended for it to be. I guess musicians are sensitive motherfuckers. ^_^

If you want to keep making it personal, we can go there, but I'd rather not. Like I've said several times, music is subjective. No one can be right or wrong. All we can do is think other people's taste sucks.

You offered up a supersuckers video, and something about old ladies and dogs, and purses as a rebuttal to Yes's Close to the Edge to prove that your taste in music is better than mine.

I can only shake my head at that, and think; damn....his taste in music really really does suck!!! But hey, if you like it... :headbang:

<_<

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='517296' date='Jul 27 2007, 02:21 AM']You know, I was dragged into this thread when Mully said my taste in music oozed out my ass. .....................

You two are making this way more personal than I ever intended for it to be. I guess musicians are sensitive motherfuckers.[/quote]

Wha?? I did not write nor see Mully's post. Who wrote [b] the 2 musicians on the board had the worst taste in music[/b]??

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='517374' date='Jul 27 2007, 10:42 AM']Wha?? I did not write nor see Mully's post. Who wrote [b] the 2 musicians on the board had the worst taste in music[/b]??[/quote]

Jesus fucking christ on god damn crutches.

[size=5][b]GO BACK AND READ THE FUCKING THREAD !!!!!!![/b][/size]

And quit crying about it for god's sake. So I think your taste in music sucks. So what? <_<

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='517906' date='Jul 28 2007, 02:28 AM']Jesus fucking christ on god damn crutches.

And quit crying about it for god's sake. So I think your taste in music sucks. So what? <_<[/quote]
you are just mad that everyone likes music that came out at a time when instruments were created and not just beating on rocks and animal bones :P

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='517911' date='Jul 28 2007, 12:46 AM']you are just mad that everyone likes music that came out at a time when instruments were created and not just beating on rocks and animal bones :P[/quote]
Gawd damn that's funny!
:lol:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='517906' date='Jul 28 2007, 01:28 AM']Jesus fucking christ on god damn crutches.

And quit crying about it for god's sake. So I think your taste in music sucks. So what? <_<[/quote]

Jeez dood, keep your hairpiece on...
Of course I know it was you who said that. I was only pointing out that you were the one that made it personal. I encourage you to find a post prior to that where I said anything about YOU specifically (not some band you might like).
And dude, the only one endlessly crying here is you...

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='518137' date='Jul 28 2007, 08:58 PM']Jeez dood, keep your hairpiece on...
Of course I know it was you who said that. I was only pointing out that you were the one that made it personal. I encourage you to find a post prior to that where I said anything about YOU specifically (not some band you might like).
And dude,[i] the only one endlessly crying here is MULLY[/quote]

fixt

:ninja:

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='518137' date='Jul 28 2007, 03:58 PM']Jeez dood, keep your hairpiece on...
And dude, the only one endlessly crying here is you...[/quote]

If someone likes music that you don't like, and they don't like music that you do like, that means you think their taste in music sucks, right? That's all I said. I didn't even say that until Mully said my taste in music literally oozes out of my ass.

I didn't say you suck. I didn't make any cracks about hairpieces, or old ladies and purse dogs.

And no I'm not the one crying. I couldn't care less if you don't like the same music I do. Apparently it bothers you that I don't like your taste in music.

You are the one who challenged my assertion and asked for specific examples.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='518148' date='Jul 28 2007, 03:11 PM']If someone likes music that you don't like, and they don't like music that you do like, that means you think their taste in music sucks, right? That's all I said. I didn't even say that until Mully said my taste in music literally oozes out of my ass.[/quote] I actually didn't even give two farts about the original comments because aside from the punk or rawk stuff that I like you weren't saying you liked a bunch of stuff different than me.. Then the Yes video got posted - fucking Cryptonite on Planet 666..

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='518148' date='Jul 28 2007, 03:11 PM']I didn't say you suck. I didn't make any cracks about hairpieces, or old ladies and purse dogs.[/quote]
You know what? You're right.. I'm sorry. Please accept my apologies..

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='518148' date='Jul 28 2007, 03:11 PM']Apparently it bothers you that I don't like your taste in music.[/quote]
Just you specifically. It hurts my feelings... :unsure:

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='518245' date='Jul 28 2007, 07:30 PM']You know what? You're right.. I'm sorry. Please accept my apologies..[/quote]

Accepted. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img] Let's move on.

To get back to the original topic, this song is one I would consider a "guilty pleasure" for me. I can hear 10 seconds of this song and it's stuck in my head for two weeks. I have no idea why I like it.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='518290' date='Jul 28 2007, 07:09 PM']Accepted. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//6.gif[/img] Let's move on.

To get back to the original topic, this song is one I would consider a "guilty pleasure" for me. I can hear 10 seconds of this song and it's stuck in my head for two weeks. I have no idea why I like it.

[/quote]
And you had the audacity to call someone else a fag?
:lol:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='518309' date='Jul 28 2007, 08:39 PM']Ahh, here's one that will get me laughed off the board. Oh well.

Very melodic, relaxing song.

[/quote]
Yup, you're banned. I'm going to open up my Admin control Panel and wake up my two year old, plop him in front of my PC and go to bed.
Nice knowing you....

Archived