What "guilty pleasure" music are you willing to admit to?

BENGALS666

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515819' date='Jul 25 2007, 02:35 AM']Because I like AC/DC and Billy Joel? And just about everything in between? You're judging my taste in music by 2 bands. How is that fair? I like just about every band that was on that original list. Considering that was mainly rock music that's pretty limited. I also like jazz, blues, classical....fuck, anything short of gansta rap is pretty much green lighted in my ears.
MULLY[/quote]

We've had a lot of music threads and the bands you really like are generally bands that I don't. That's all it is. No big deal. It's not something anyone can be right about. The most you can say is I think your taste in music sucks.

So that's what I said. ^_^

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='515832' date='Jul 25 2007, 05:03 PM']We've had a lot of music threads and the bands you really like are generally bands that I don't. That's all it is. No big deal. It's not something anyone can be right about. The most you can say is I think your taste in music sucks.

So that's what I said. ^_^[/quote]

Wow, aren't you the same guy that said "To each his own" ? Kind of rich to say that someone's choice in music sucks after saying something like that, isn't it? Shouldn't you have said something like "We don't like the same kinds of music" instead?
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515835' date='Jul 25 2007, 05:00 AM']Wow, aren't you the same guy that said "To each his own" ? Kind of rich to say that someone's choice in music sucks after saying something like that, isn't it? Shouldn't you have said something like "We don't like the same kinds of music" instead?
MULLY[/quote]

The very post you quoted answers your question.

Don't take it personally. I like you. You add a lot to the board. Your taste in music just sucks. I'm sure you can't help it.

:sterb041:

:ph34r:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='515836' date='Jul 25 2007, 06:24 PM']The very post you quoted answers your question.
Don't take it personally. I like you. You add a lot to the board. Your taste in music just sucks. I'm sure you can't help it.

:sterb041:
:ph34r:[/quote]

Well, coming from you I'll take it as a compliment.
MULLY

A group that had escaped me and I truly can't believe I forgot, how embarrising :blush:

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steely_Dan"]STEELY DAN [/url]- Primary members include Donald Fagan and Walter Becker; [color="#000080"]Being fans of Beat Generation literature, Fagen and Becker named the band for a steam-powered dildo in the William Burroughs novel Naked Lunch[/color] :P

You will recognize some of their more popular songs like Aja, Hey Nineteen, FM, Peg, Deacon Blues ,My Old School ,Ricki Don't Lose That Number, "When Josie Comes Home" and one of my favorites Time Out of Mind. For me, I go back to some of there earlier stuff like "Reeling in the Years" and the video I am presenting:

"[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf0UpkCOhO4"]Do It Again[/url]"

David Palmer is singing here, because Donald Fagan lacked the confidence on stage; the radio version is done in the studio with Fagan.

Jeff "Skunk" Baxter is on the congas, he also played guitar with the Doobie Brothers; I met him on my last ship. I took a photo of him sitting in the Captains chair.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='515812' date='Jul 25 2007, 01:09 AM']Based on the fact that you were voting for bands like Kiss and against bands like The Floyd. Kiss is to music what wrastlin' is to sport. You wanted The Ramones to win and you wanted to kill off bands like The Beatles and Zeppelin.

Like I said though, music is subjective. In my opinion your taste in music sucks, but if you like it, knock yourself out. I'm certainly not interested in a pissing contest about it.

[img]http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9428/bbpfgsig.jpg[/img][/quote]

I do happen like Floyd, The Beatles and Zep s so it would be stupid for me to say I thought [i]your[/i] taste in music sucks - but the way you go about saying stuff does...

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515929' date='Jul 26 2007, 12:03 AM']I do happen like Floyd, The Beatles and Zep s so it would be stupid for me to say I thought [i]your[/i] taste in music sucks - but the way you go about saying stuff does...[/quote]

His taste in music must suck because I'm 100% positive that I have just about any major rock band that he's a fan of right here on my CD shelf. And my taste in music sucks so that can only mean that his does too.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515935' date='Jul 25 2007, 09:08 AM']His taste in music must suck because I'm 100% positive that I have just about any major rock band that he's a fan of right here on my CD shelf. And my taste in music sucks so that can only mean that his does too.
MULLY[/quote]
You can put mustard on your sandwich. I approve.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='515945' date='Jul 26 2007, 12:17 AM']You can put mustard on your sandwich. I approve.[/quote]

Thanks, bro!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//6.gif[/img]
MULLY
not a fan of brown mustard though ;)

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515952' date='Jul 25 2007, 10:24 AM']Thanks, bro!! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//6.gif[/img]
MULLY
not a fan of brown mustard though ;)[/quote]

damn, me neither..
But I do likes me some dijon and that Löwensenf mustard is my all time favorite ...
Löwensenf auf Brezeln.. köstlich!

[img]http://www.mustardmuseum.com/images/uploads/1051_1481_large.jpg[/img]

[b]Bumped[/b] - "[i]This thread ain't done; it'll be done when I say it's done Beotchee's. Some board members around here neeed to be re-educated or recieve an enema; you know who you are and I'll leave the choice up to you[/i]". :ninja:

[b]Class is in session.[/b]

[quote name='Actium' post='515213' date='Jul 24 2007, 11:39 AM']How can Journey be a guilty pleasure? Be proud of the Perry![/quote]

Actium,

If I may,

Some believe that Journey isan 80's band; true they gained alot of commercial hit's and produced some of their biggest hits. But, we need to re-trace history a little.

[url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Journey_(band)"]Journey[/url], the original members formed in San Francisco (city by the bay) 1971 and officially began in 1973; Steve Perry joined the band in 1977 taking them into a different direction and much success starting with Infinity (released in 1978). Songs from this album include: Lights, Wheel in the Sky, Anytime and the proceeding song which segues into (Anytime) and the link I am providing "[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuX0c2M0KT0&mode=related&search="]Feeling That way[/url]"

[b]Note: The Cars would do this on their first album with "Your all that I got tonight and Bye Bye Love"[/b]

[i]Journey's next album with Steve Perry (Released in 1979) produced: Loving, Touching; Squeezing; Just the Same way, Too Late and City of the Angels and one of my fav's Do You Recall.

Departure was released in Early 1980, but recorded in November of 1979: Any way you want it; Walks Like a Lady,Stay Awhile, Line of Fire and Where were you.

As you can see, their roots were established in the 70's and they had established themselves in the 70's.
Why were they so popular Lawman? Well several reasons; remember disco was winding down and alot of bands were breaking through during this period: AC/DC, Boston, Foreigner, The Cars , Van Halen, The Scorpions to name a few. Other than the Scorpions Klaus Meine, none had a Steve Perry and with all these groups playing some kick ass rock, it was mostly geared toward the male youth. Journey transcended across genders. They were the Ying to AC/DC's Yang. The reason why you'll see haters with macho overtones, which are the same ones that hate BonJovi and Def Leppard is because these bands attracted the chicks and as I have aged, I ask the question now: What's wrong with that? But, the story is not complete.........

... At this point a magor event happened, Founding member Gregg Rolie got tired of life out on the road and was replaced by Johnathan Cain. Cain would provide a magor contribution in the future, but Journey was now primarily put on the shoulders of Steve Perry (with all due respect to Neal Schon and Ross Vallory).

My opinion is that the combination vocals of Perry and Rolie sounded special and when Rolie left the dynamics of the group changed. Yes, they would become big and make no mistake about it they were a HUGE success, but I would o flike to of seen what else they could of done if Rolie had stayed; like in the song to the link provided[/i].

[b]Don't Stop Believe'n[/b] :headbang:

[quote name='Lawman' post='516164' date='Jul 25 2007, 06:06 PM'][b]Don't Stop Believe'n[/b] :headbang:[/quote]

Cue the funky mooses...
[url="http://www.sillyape.org/trash/journey/tribute2america.swf"]Journey: Don't Stop Believin'[/url]

Ok, this is by no means a guilty pleasure for me, but I understand that a lot of people would hate it.

This was from their 2001 tour, (which I saw) and it's with an orchestra, which wasn't used on the original recordings, ( Rick Wakeman did it all on keyboard ) and these guys are in their 50's and 60's. A lot of the nuances are lost in the mix, but all things considered it's good for a live youtube video.

It's not beer drinkin', head bangin' rock-n-roll. If you like rock, and you also have an appreciation for classical music, they're a nice blend.

Actium, watch the whole thing. I remember you starting a thread asking for music recommendations if I'm not mistaken. For some reason I think they might be something you'd like. I'm sure most people will stop the video in a minute or less. Like most bands, they've put out some real shit, but they have a couple of masterpieces too.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='516377' date='Jul 26 2007, 06:28 PM']Ok, this is by no means a guilty pleasure for me, but I understand that a lot of people would hate it.

This was from their 2001 tour, (which I saw) and it's with an orchestra, which wasn't used on the original recordings, ( Rick Wakeman did it all on keyboard ) and these guys are in their 50's and 60's. A lot of the nuances are lost in the mix, but all things considered it's good for a live youtube video.

It's not beer drinkin', head bangin' rock-n-roll. If you like rock, and you also have an appreciation for classical music, they're a nice blend.

Actium, watch the whole thing. I remember you starting a thread asking for music recommendations if I'm not mistaken. For some reason I think they might be something you'd like. I'm sure most people will stop the video in a minute or less. Like most bands, they've put out some real shit, but they have a couple of masterpieces too.

[/quote]

Fuckin' A, I like Yes too. I guess your taste in music sucks. :rolleyes:
MULLY

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='516303' date='Jul 25 2007, 11:08 PM']Cue the funky mooses...
[url="http://www.sillyape.org/trash/journey/tribute2america.swf"]Journey: Don't Stop Believin'[/url][/quote]

[i]That was cool [/i][img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//41.gif[/img]

[i]Heaven is a funky moose [/i]:lol:

I am sure you have seen the [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ygLO64hVww&mode=related&search="]Family Guy[/url] episode :lol:

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='516379' date='Jul 26 2007, 06:57 PM']You're taking this way too personally.
[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/6.gif[/img][/quote]

To be honest, yeah, I'm taking it personally. How can I not? You make a judgement on what type of music I like by the threads I get involved in and then tell me that the music I like sucks. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Other than gangsta rap I like just about anything that flows down through the pipe. To be honest, you're the one with the poor taste in music. Limiting yourself to what you think is good. Open your ears, man, it's all good.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='516443' date='Jul 26 2007, 09:16 AM']To be honest, yeah, I'm taking it personally. How can I not? You make a judgement on what type of music I like by the threads I get involved in and then tell me that the music I like sucks. Pretty fucked up if you ask me. Other than gangsta rap I like just about anything that flows down through the pipe. To be honest, you're the one with the poor taste in music. Limiting yourself to what you think is good. Open your ears, man, it's all good.
MULLY[/quote]

Even John Cage?

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='516378' date='Jul 26 2007, 05:49 AM']Fuckin' A, I like Yes too. I guess your taste in music sucks. :rolleyes:
MULLY[/quote]

Steve Howe and Chris Squire kick tons of ass. I wish I had sound on my work PC.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='516377' date='Jul 26 2007, 04:28 AM'][/quote]

[img]http://jeanoroid.com/feud.jpg[/img]

My last response to BB [b]retracted![/b]
I'm sorry, the old lady with the purse poodle doesn't tell the German Shepherd master that he has shitty taste in dogs...
That video was was pure haggard Prog-rock lameness.. Give me some "WWF rock" over that any day of the week...
Shitty taste in music back at ya....

Just to deflect the Uber-lameness of that video here's some Supersuckers..

Archived