What "guilty pleasure" music are you willing to admit to?

BENGALS666

Since there's been so much Rock testoterone happening in the Elimination thread it's time to come clean on bands that you listen to but don't exactly tell everyone about... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

I'll admit that I totally dig old B52s and Kraftwerk..

Buddhist Chant...golly...take a track of this and bump it in your boomin system

Vedic Mantra...if you don't knw? Perhaps you wern't supposed to?

Not nessicarily right now but....on the itunes we got things like...

Christina A gurilla

Little classical piano/symphony stuff with the names like Vavaldi, Beethoven credited as composer.

shit another thread that people will call me a fag for :(

Matchbox 20
Goo goo dolls
Avril Lavigne
Blessed Union of Souls
Mariah Carey (fuck off)
Dave Matthews Band
The Eagles
Eve 6
Hellogoodbye (a little)
Journey
Oar (if u consider them guilty pleasure)
Panic! at the Disco
The Pussycat Dolls (mainly the vids tho :) )
REO Speedwagon
Savage Garden

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='515024' date='Jul 24 2007, 02:10 AM']shit another thread that people will call me a fag for :(
Matchbox 20
Goo goo dolls
Avril Lavigne
Blessed Union of Souls
Mariah Carey (fuck off)
Dave Matthews Band
The Eagles
Eve 6
Hellogoodbye (a little)
Journey
Panic! at the Disco
REO Speedwagon
Savage Garden[/quote]

Fag!!!

:ph34r:

:shrug:

Mine are:

Mew Age Music (Enya, Deep Forest, Enigma, Yanni, etc)
Smooth Jazz (Kim Waters, Accoustic Alchemy, Peter White, etc)
Early '90s (Ralph Tresvant, BBD, PM Dawn, Tony, Toni, Tone, etc)

Guilty pleasures? Fuck that. I like music. I don't give a shit where it comes from...........other than rap. I can handle old school rap like MC Hammer etc... but this new "gansta" shit can suck my cock. Other than that garbage I listen to just about anything there is.
MULLY
Yes, I've got Ricky Martin's CD sitting right here on the shelf

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='514985' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:03 AM']Since there's been so much Rock testoterone happening in the Elimination thread it's time to come clean on bands that you listen to but don't exactly tell everyone about... [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/26.gif[/img]

I'll admit that I totally dig old B52s and Kraftwerk..[/quote]

[img]http://www.availableimages.com/images/pictures/2001/joe-dirt/aph_1.jpg[/img]

Not me man, "I'm a rocker through and through. Here's a list of my favorite bands: AC/DC, Van Halen not Van Hagar, Skynyrd, Def Leppard... "

Ok, confessional time :blush:

As previously mentioned, I am a huge Outfield fan. I think John Spinks is an excellent songwriter/composer and Tony Lewis's voice is powerfull / crisp Jon Anderson-ish (John and Tony's harmony's are spot on) type.

Another group is Zebra featuring Randy Jackson; no not the American Idol guy. You may of heard there song played on the radio, [url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeCfgcHO5Xs"]Who's Behind The Door.[/url] (cool video). I caught Randy at the Virginia Amphatheater (which is located behind my sub-division); he was performing with the Virginia Symphony performing Led Zepplin tunes.

Caught The Cars up in Dayton.

Neil Diamond, hell of a showman and the place (Riverfront Coliseum) was packed (fav "Forever in Blue Jeans")

and I am always ready for a little Jimmy Buffet (caught him in 1980 Kings Mill)

Elvis fav's: Kentucky Rain; In the Ghetto; Patch's (which I can think off the top of my head)

The man in Black; "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash" my mother was a big country music fan.

I have an inner struggle about listening to Elton John's old stuff (Tumbleweed, Madman, Don't Shoot Me, Captain Fantastic), seeing what an intolerable douchebag he is now. It's akin to cheering for Annakin Skywalker in Star Wars 2 and the beginning of 3, knowing what he is inevitably going to become.

Maybe this should be another thread, "Good Rockers Gone Bad.". Others:

Journey
Sting
Stevie Wonder (As referenced in High Fidelity).

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='515190' date='Jul 25 2007, 12:28 AM']Billy Joel. I cant help it, my parents raised me on it, on many a car trip.[/quote]

WTF??? Billy Joel is NOT a guilty pleasure. :rant: Billy Joel kicks all kinds of serious ass. Not a fan of his later stuff but when he was young and mainly sticking to the piano he was a bad motherfucker. I've got him on my iPod and in the memory of my car navigation. Kick yourself in the ass for even thinking that he's something to be ashamed of. :thumbsdown:
MULL
A bottle of white......... a bottle of red........

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='515024' date='Jul 24 2007, 01:10 AM']shit another thread that people will call me a fag for :(
Matchbox 20
Goo goo dolls
Avril Lavigne
Blessed Union of Souls
Mariah Carey (fuck off)
Dave Matthews Band
The Eagles
Eve 6
Hellogoodbye (a little)
Journey
Panic! at the Disco
REO Speedwagon
Savage Garden[/quote]

How can Journey be a guilty pleasure? Be proud of the Perry!

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515195' date='Jul 24 2007, 11:32 AM']WTF??? Billy Joel is NOT a guilty pleasure. :rant: Billy Joel kicks all kinds of serious ass. Not a fan of his later stuff but when he was young and mainly sticking to the piano he was a bad motherfucker. I've got him on my iPod and in the memory of my car navigation. Kick yourself in the ass for even thinking that he's something to be ashamed of. :thumbsdown:
MULL
A bottle of white......... a bottle of red........[/quote]

Oh I like him too. Backer loves to give me a hard time about it.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515195' date='Jul 24 2007, 04:32 PM']WTF??? Billy Joel is NOT a guilty pleasure. :rant: Billy Joel kicks all kinds of serious ass. Not a fan of his later stuff but when he was young and mainly sticking to the piano he was a bad motherfucker. I've got him on my iPod and in the memory of my car navigation. Kick yourself in the ass for even thinking that he's something to be ashamed of. :thumbsdown:
MULL
He was a fantastic live show back in the day, as well.

To clarify,
Journey IS a guilty pleasure band
Johnny Cash IS NOT..
Matchbox 20 IS a guilty pleasure band
Bluegrass IS NOT..
and so on..

I have a personal Steve Perry story that I may type out one day if anyone wants to hear about it...

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='515244' date='Jul 24 2007, 10:53 AM']To clarify,
Journey IS a guilty pleasure band
Johnny Cash IS NOT..
Matchbox 20 IS a guilty pleasure band
Bluegrass IS NOT..
and so on..

I have a personal Steve Perry story that I may type out one day if anyone wants to hear about it...[/quote]

Journey a guilty pleasure! NEVER!!! I am a fan, faithfully. Wherever you are, Steve-o, be good to yourself.

Of course I'd like to hear the story when you have a chance.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' post='515195' date='Jul 24 2007, 11:32 AM']WTF??? Billy Joel is NOT a guilty pleasure. :rant: Billy Joel kicks all kinds of serious ass. Not a fan of his later stuff but when he was young and mainly sticking to the piano he was a bad motherfucker. I've got him on my iPod and in the memory of my car navigation. Kick yourself in the ass for even thinking that he's something to be ashamed of. :thumbsdown:
MULL

Perhaps a bottle of rose instead...

Billy Joel is absolutely not a guilty pleasure.

Archived