The Official Bored in the Middle of the Night Thread.

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='519072' date='Jul 30 2007, 11:12 PM']So it's 12:12 A.M. and just got back from Wendy's with a friend..Umm..What to do??
:ninja:[/quote]

That's not quite as good as coming back from a friend's with Wendy

[quote name='Tigris' post='518946' date='Jul 30 2007, 07:19 PM']It's hard to understand what Rudi is trying to get by everyone. He did say it was a mindset thing, which I completely agree, but I think the age of the mind has to somewhat be a factor too. Some minds bewilder and die with age, some become more wise, more genuine, more of the "thinking outside of the box, or this realm that we live in" type.

What's life to you? It is hanging out with friends on the weekends at the mall or sitting at home watching a lot of movies? Is it getting stoned out of your mind and popping in the new CD of your favorite band and passing out face down in your pillow only waking up for a midnight peanut butter and jelly sandwich?

Do what you want and don't wait for another day to act upon it, because by the time you remember what you really wanted or you finally make yourself go about it, too much time has been lost. You try to do those things ten years later because it was something that was so dear to you years ago, and although it's the same, it doesn't feel the same anymore. You have changed, your feeling have changed, and the interest is gone - you end up losing it forever. You can try and try for years to catch things up again, but no matter how hard you work at it, no matter how much time you put into it, more time will have passed and your cycle repeats, furthermore nearing you closer to passing away and not accomplishing anything that can really make you happy. When you get older and look back on yourself, wouldn't you want to see a person who did what they wanted and lived life the way they wanted to, and not by the hand of anyone else?

Don't fret and be unhappy on things that you cannot change, because if you can't change it, what does it really mean to you?

God, please give me the strength to change the things that I can
The courage to withstand and endure the things I cannot
And the wisdom to know the difference[/quote]

[color="#FF0000"][b]Where do you get your weed?[/b][/color]

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='520258' date='Aug 1 2007, 10:44 PM']I dont get people who say life is short, life is the longest damn thing we will ever have.[/quote]
And for some unlucky few...virginity is as well.

Poor people.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='520258' date='Aug 1 2007, 09:44 PM']I dont get people who say life is short, life is the longest damn thing we will ever have.[/quote]

on average i think life on earth from species to species is the perfect length of time.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='520258' date='Aug 1 2007, 10:44 PM']I dont get people who say life is short, life is the longest damn thing we will ever have.[/quote]

I dont agree.

life in this reality is short. Im gonna be 34 in december. I can remember being 19 like yesterday. If I live to 80, my life is almost half way over.

Eternity is what ut is all about. U do ur best here to get rewarded in the next life.

I would not say that life is long. for example, Fulcher and I recently lost a dog. if u think about it 10-15 is the lifespan of a dog. That is really short. I often thought it would be great if dogs aged like we did. We could grow old together, live 80 years and be a part of the family. all of your kids would grow up with them etc.

but i am getting off topic,,,,,i do not think life is long, just the opp..

[quote name='sneaky' post='519727' date='Aug 1 2007, 04:32 AM'][color="#FF0000"][b]Where do you get your weed?[/b][/color][/quote]

I don't smoke... anymore

:lol:

[quote name='JC' post='520268' date='Aug 1 2007, 10:53 PM']And for some unlucky few...virginity is as well.

Poor people.[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='rudi32' post='521623' date='Aug 4 2007, 10:26 PM']I dont agree.

life in this reality is short. Im gonna be 34 in december. I can remember being 19 like yesterday. If I live to 80, my life is almost half way over.

Eternity is what ut is all about. U do ur best here to get rewarded in the next life.

I would not say that life is long. for example, Fulcher and I recently lost a dog. if u think about it 10-15 is the lifespan of a dog. That is really short. I often thought it would be great if dogs aged like we did. We could grow old together, live 80 years and be a part of the family. all of your kids would grow up with them etc.

but i am getting off topic,,,,,i do not think life is long, just the opp..[/quote]

Hell yes it is short. Now, I'm not a freako or anything like that... but I swear, probably every few days or a couple times a week I think about how long I am going to live and what I will accomplish in my life. I can't see myself as an old person... I've even had multiple dreams where I've gotten into car wrecks and was actually being judged, but it was by Michael Jackson, not God. I don't think I am going to live to be very old. I also think about how 22 years have went by and I really haven't done many things. By the end of the year I will have graduated college... whoopty fucking doo. Who really gives a shit? A billion other people have done it. None of us are going to be remembered 100 years after we die. No one is going to think of us, no one is probably going to benefit very much from us, and even if they do, they won't realize it. I really want to do something before I go... something so insanely crazy or something insanely helpful that a lot of people will remember my name. I haven't thought of what to do yet or how to go about it, but when I do, I'm jumping on that shit.

Wait - maybe having your name remembered isn't how it's supposed to be or what is supposed to happen. Maybe it's making the people around you better people, or just being happy yourself. Maybe we're here to make the lives of other people within our generation more worthwhile. I guess maybe it doesn't matter if you're remembered by people you'll never know... but if you mean a lot and make an impression on someone else in your and their lifetimes, maybe that is the greatest achievement.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='521608' date='Aug 4 2007, 09:10 PM']i know its not the middle of the night or anything but i have this random question you know how if you cute off a lizards tail it comes back...do snakes do that too? I had a dream that they did, so i wasn't sure.[/quote]

I don't know. Decent question. I'm too lazy to Google it.

nice post tigris.

well there is a quote from troy, where ackilies (sp) mother says, u can stay at home and raise a family, but their kids then their kids will forget u.

I think the most important thing u can do is to love others. it isnt easy, God knows I struggle with it. I dont seek fame, its one of deadly sins,

I only wish to be a good father, husban, friend, etc.

in the end that is what matters,

see My father is my best friend. when i was 16 we would fight all the time.....mostly because i was the typical 16 year old and didnt listen to him. we would fight all the time.

now almost 20 years later we couldnt be closer. when I have my son, I am going to name him after my father. to me that is the best i can do to show him i love him. U see I think that is what matters most, not making a bigger better can opener.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='521608' date='Aug 4 2007, 09:10 PM']i know its not the middle of the night or anything but i have this random question you know how if you cut off a lizards tail it comes back...do snakes do that too? I had a dream that they did, so i wasn't sure.[/quote]

The answer I found is no.
[url="http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/zoo00/zoo00375.htm"]http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/zoo00/zoo00375.htm[/url]

[quote name='rudi32' post='521650' date='Aug 5 2007, 12:44 AM']nice post tigris.

well there is a quote from troy, where ackilies (sp) mother says, u can stay at home and raise a family, but their kids then their kids will forget u.

I think the most important thing u can do is to love others. it isnt easy, God knows I struggle with it. I dont seek fame, its one of deadly sins,

I only wish to be a good father, husban, friend, etc.

in the end that is what matters,
see My father is my best friend. when i was 16 we would fight all the time.....mostly because i was the typical 16 year old and didnt listen to him. we would fight all the time.

now almost 20 years later we couldnt be closer. when I have my son, I am going to name him after my father. to me that is the best i can do to show him i love him. U see I think that is what matters most, not making a bigger better can opener.[/quote]

You're probably right, that is probably what we're supposed to do... however, with the way we have evolved (either good or bad, i dont know), that is not what a lot of us here want anymore. We want power, riches, fame. That might be what really makes them happy, so maybe it's not all that bad. I think it would be nice, but it's not me either. I'd rather make a difference in the people's lives around me and be loved until I go.

I wonder what's harder... becoming rich and famous, or developing a relationship with someone where you can almost read each other's minds - you know, everything they think about every situation. Where you just love someone so much that it's almost like you're the same person. I've not done either, so I've yet to find out.

i just want everyone to know there is totally a plus sign after Bengals fan under my name (which is still NOT pink) because i have passed 1,000 posts (unlike WDF who should still be in the high negatives) i am extatic.
yay for the plus sign. :1hump: :dance: :1062: :049: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//36.gif[/img] :flutter: :D

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='522013' date='Aug 5 2007, 11:33 PM']i just want everyone to know there is totally a plus sign after Bengals fan under my name (which is still NOT pink) because i have passed 1,000 posts (unlike WDF who should still be in the high negatives) i am extatic.
yay for the plus sign. :1hump: :dance: :1062: :049: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//36.gif[/img] :flutter: :D[/quote]
After the attack I think WDF's post number changed. I could be wrong, though... but probably not, because that rarely happens.

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='522023' date='Aug 5 2007, 11:46 PM']Tiger get on myspace.
quit jackin around.
i'm in need of conversation.[/quote]
[img]http://www.veryfunnycats.info/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/funny-cat-engineer.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Tigris' post='522032' date='Aug 6 2007, 12:05 AM']You'll always be WDF in my eyes...

:flutter:[/quote]
That was not gay at all :lol:

[quote name='OG_OklahomaGirl_OG' post='522036' date='Aug 6 2007, 12:12 AM']if you do not wish to be recognized as [b][color="#FF00FF"]WDF[/color][/b] then take it out of your sig [size=4][b][color="#FF0000"]RE-RE[/color][/b][/size]![/quote]
I'm sorry..Just wanted to let people know that CJ4MVP is still the biggest badass around here :D

Archived