GO-BENGALS TOP TEN ROCK BANDS OF ALL TIME!!!

Bunghole

[quote name='creechnasty' post='521529' date='Aug 4 2007, 04:46 PM']1. Pink Floyd
2. The Beatles
3. Tool
4. Grateful Dead
5. Rage Against the Machine
6. Sex Pistols
7. NIN
8. CSNY
9. The Misfits
[color="#FF0000"]10. Electric Mayhem[/color][/quote]

:D

[img]http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/4/46/Electricmayhemposter.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' post='523058' date='Aug 7 2007, 12:32 PM']7.Cold(older stuff)

-E[/quote]

Have you listened to any of scooters new band project? And if you have...did you turn it off after the first time you heard it? Its basically terrible and its so sad that could happen to a guy like scooter.

[quote name='JC' post='523203' date='Aug 7 2007, 04:32 PM']Have you listened to any of scooters new band project? And if you have...did you turn it off after the first time you heard it? Its basically terrible and its so sad that could happen to a guy like scooter.[/quote]

Don't care for it at all.

-E

1) The Beatles

2) Pink Floyd

3) Yes

4) Led Zeppelin

5) The Rolling Stones

6) The Who

7) Crosby Stills Nash and Young

8) The Eagles

9) Santana

10) U2

Hard list to make. I decided that to make my list, it had to be someone with quite a bit of commercial success. I might think the garage band down the street is great, but that doesn't make them qualified to be on a best rock band of all time list.

They also have to stand the test of time for me. Every band on my list has at least two albums that I would enjoy listening to at any time. I also didn't include individuals like Hendrix. I kept it just bands.

I might reshuffle, or swap out one or two later, but probably not.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='523689' date='Aug 8 2007, 02:23 PM']I might think the garage band down the street is great, but that doesn't make them qualified to be on a best rock band of all time list.[/quote]

If there are required qualifications that I don't know about please post em and I'll comply...
That said, none of the bands I listed are even close to being a garage band down the street.

Of the ones I listed I'm assuming these are the bands being filed under [i]unknown[/i] by a few here..

[b]3. Turbonegro[/b] 1989 - current. 8 full length LPs all with major distribution. Hasn't [i]not[/i] sold out a venue on a US tour for the last 10 years.[b]
4. The Supersuckers[/b] 1988- current. 12 full length LPs - all with major distribution. Has done records with Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Reverend Horton Heat etc. Have guested The Tonight Show and all the late-night talks and were even one the first bands featured on Beavis and Butthead.
[b]9. Hank 3[/b] Grandson of Hank Williams, son of Bocephus - 5 full length LPs - all with major distribution. Forget about buying a ticket to a Hank 3 show at the door
[b]10. The Old 97's[/b] 1993 - current. 7 full length LPs - all with major distribution.

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='523775' date='Aug 8 2007, 05:58 PM']If there are required qualifications that I don't know about please post em and I'll comply...
That said, none of the bands I listed are even close to being a garage band down the street.

Of the ones I listed I'm assuming these are the bands being filed under [i]unknown[/i] by a few here..

[b]3. Turbonegro[/b] 1989 - current. 8 full length LPs all with major distribution. Hasn't [i]not[/i] sold out a venue on a US tour for the last 10 years.[b]
4. The Supersuckers[/b] 1988- current. 12 full length LPs - all with major distribution. Has done records with Willie Nelson, Steve Earle, Reverend Horton Heat etc. Have guested The Tonight Show and all the late-night talks and were even one the first bands featured on Beavis and Butthead.
[b]9. Hank 3[/b] Grandson of Hank Williams, son of Bocephus - 5 full length LPs - all with major distribution. Forget about buying a ticket to a Hank 3 show at the door
[b]10. The Old 97's[/b] 1993 - current. 7 full length LPs - all with major distribution.[/quote]
I have never heard anything by Jr's son....does he play country also or is he a rocker?
Or both?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='523790' date='Aug 8 2007, 07:10 PM']I have never heard anything by Jr's son....does he play country also or is he a rocker?
Or both?[/quote]

He started out doing just about anything that wasn't Country but once he embraced it everything clicked. He's alot more like his granddaddy than his dad.
His last cd Straight To Hell was done in a basement studio in East Nashville with a couple of rippin old school Nashville pickers and man is it one helluva record.
Imagine old Hank Williams with a little extra attitude and that would best describe Hank 3..

[quote name='BENGALS666' post='523775' date='Aug 8 2007, 07:58 PM']If there are required qualifications that I don't know about please post em and I'll comply...

[b]10. The Old 97's[/b] 1993 - current. 7 full length LPs - all with major distribution.[/quote]

I guess I should have said, "I might think the garage band down the street is great, but that doesn't make them qualified to be on [b]MY[/b] best rock band of all time list."

You can, of course, put anyone you want on your list.

Since we're keeping this to bands, I left off some of my favorites, like John Lee Hooker, Clapton, Johnny Winter, Jimi Hendrix...and it feels shitty to have them off the list. But here goes...

1 Pink Floyd
2 Van Halen
3 Stevie Ray Vaughn and Double Trouble
4 Steely Dan
5 Aerosmith
6 Metallica
7 CCR
8 Doobie Brothers
9 KISS
10 Eagles

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='524025' date='Aug 9 2007, 08:30 AM']Since we're keeping this to bands, I left off some of my favorites, like John Lee Hooker, Clapton, Johnny Winter, Jimi Hendrix...and it feels shitty to have them off the list.[/quote]

Hendrix is on a couple lists - the rest of those should be OK as well..

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='521286' date='Aug 3 2007, 08:01 PM']1. Led Zeppelin
2. U2
3. CCR
4. Queen
5. Nirvana
6. Guns N Roses
7. Metallica
8. Alice in Chains
9. Disturbed
10. Audioslave (damn shame them breaking up)

Honorable mention: Chicago[/quote]

[quote name='JC' post='521313' date='Aug 3 2007, 08:40 PM']Really?

Any details? They have always been a pretty solid band. Be yourself is a awesome song.[/quote]

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='521321' date='Aug 3 2007, 09:13 PM'][url="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552582/20070215/audioslave.jhtml"]http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1552582/2...udioslave.jhtml[/url]
My favorite song was "Show me how to live"

one of the most personal chorus' out there for me....

Nail in my hand
From my creator
You gave me life
Now show me how to live[/quote]

According to Wikipedia SHOW ME HOW TO LIVE was inspired by one of the finest movies of all time....

Blade Runner

[img]http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics3/bladerunner3.jpg[/img]

[center][size=4][b]BTW- those of you who have listed bands in no particular order...
YOU NEED TO FIX THAT![/size][/center]

Bung is doing a ranking (think AP Poll, 10 points for a 1st place vote, 9 for 2nd, etc) and if you don't list them in order, there is NO WAY to tally your votes!!![/b]

[quote name='The Scales' post='525327' date='Aug 10 2007, 05:21 AM']According to Wikipedia SHOW ME HOW TO LIVE was inspired by one of the finest movies of all time....
Blade Runner

[img]http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics3/bladerunner3.jpg[/img][/quote]

interesting

Archived