I'm excited again

turningpoint

I'm seriously excited about or team again.

I honestly think we have a small shot at winning this division, if we can keep up at this pace i think we can do it.

the brewers are struggling.

cubs and cards are beatable.

With the way Bray, Burton and Weathers have been pitching there's no reason why we can't win a game if we have the lead through 7 innings.

Now we just need griffey to rekindel his fire, and start hitting some HR's and I feel we'll be on our way.

They are playing a LOT better. But, and I hate to dampen your spirits, it's too little too late. They have too many teams to pass at this point, and after Harang and Arroyo, our starting staff is unreliable at best. But they are definitely fun to watch now.

And I really hope the ownership doesn't fall for the "new manager surge" again. This has happened every time we have fired and hired managers. They need to make a real move in the offseason.

I truly hope I'm wrong, I just don't see it happening.

[quote name='Jason' post='532818' date='Aug 24 2007, 11:12 AM']They are playing a LOT better. But, and I hate to dampen your spirits, it's too little too late. They have too many teams to pass at this point, and after Harang and Arroyo, our starting staff is unreliable at best. But they are definitely fun to watch now.

[b]And I really hope the ownership doesn't fall for the "new manager surge" again. This has happened every time we have fired and hired managers. They need to make a real move in the offseason.[/b]

I truly hope I'm wrong, I just don't see it happening.[/quote]

Absolutely agree.That is what I have been fearful of.See them play well under the interim manager and then no changes are made.What is the Reds record since Mackanin took over anyway?

[quote name='Jason' post='532818' date='Aug 24 2007, 11:12 AM']They are playing a LOT better. But, and I hate to dampen your spirits, [b]it's too little too late[/b]. They have too many teams to pass at this point, and after Harang and Arroyo, our starting staff is unreliable at best. But they are definitely fun to watch now.

And I really hope the ownership doesn't fall for the "new manager surge" again. This has happened every time we have fired and hired managers. They need to make a real move in the offseason.

I truly hope I'm wrong, I just don't see it happening.[/quote]

More than likely you are right on too little too late. But consider this, the Reds have 6 games left against MIL, STL, the Cubs, as well as 4 games against the Pirates, and 3 against the Astros. The fact that the Reds have 6 games left against each of the 3 teams ahead of them is big. Realistically they will need to win 2 out of 3 in each of those series to have a chance. Even if the Reds stay hot they need the Brewers, Cards, and Cubs to collapse and odds are that ALL 3 of them won't suck at the same time.

No matter what happens they should focus on finishing at .500. They are 13 games under now and will need to go 24-11 the rest of the way to do it.

[quote name='StringCheese' post='532914' date='Aug 24 2007, 02:31 PM']There is no way in hell this team can win the division. I heard on the Greg and Mo show this morning that they need to go 26-9 the rest of the way and the rest of the division must play 500 ball. It ain't gunna happen.[/quote]

the cubs and brewers haven't exactly been tearing it up lately either so don't say it won't happen...even though it is a long shot at best.

[quote name='turningpoint' post='533665' date='Aug 26 2007, 01:41 PM']looking like 6 in a row.[/quote]

:headbang: Looks like today's pitching matchup played out as expected, it seems "Shearns" is less of a douche than "Barone."

And I love the grand salami. Maybe it will be another nail in Ross's coffin.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' post='533694' date='Aug 26 2007, 12:53 PM']Other than one bad inning, Shearn has pitched one hell of a game.[/quote]
Amazing how long he's plodded through the minors and is only now getting his first start in MLB...and you're right, he's done well, and has a nice breaking ball.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='533701' date='Aug 26 2007, 03:04 PM']Amazing how long he's plodded through the minors and is only now getting his first start in MLB...and you're right, he's done well, and [b]has a nice breaking ball[/b].[/quote]
the problem is that breaking ball fools the young marlins lineup, not the veterans that other teams will have. they all kept leaning for it and going to the ball instead of waiting on it or not swinging at it. good game either way. he came up clutch when we needed him.

id love to see where the bray/majewski haters are now. if we dont make that trade we dont have Josh Hamilton, Alex Gonzalez, Jeff Keppinger, or 2 high quality relievers. id say krivsky had some pwnage on that one after all ;)

[quote name='ThurmanMunster' post='533945' date='Aug 27 2007, 12:43 AM']id love to see where the bray/majewski haters are now. if we dont make that trade we dont have Josh Hamilton, Alex Gonzalez, Jeff Keppinger, or 2 high quality relievers. id say krivsky had some pwnage on that one after all ;)[/quote]

Yeah, that trade seems to be getting better and better all the time...

Archived