"Im going to push the envelope"

[quote name='Goodfella' post='540757' date='Sep 5 2007, 08:36 PM']Chad will probably get 1500-yards over a 3-game span, and the other 500 over the other 13.[/quote]

if that happens, it means Palmer is having an MVP type season and TJ, Perry, or Henry are probably going off in those other 13 games.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='541573' date='Sep 6 2007, 08:41 PM']damn that selfish Chad Johnson. According to the announcers at the UC game, he spent a portion of his summer working with the Bearcat DB's improve their game.
Selfish prick. <_<[/quote]

he showed them the ideal spot in the arm to get the IV

:ninja:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='541573' date='Sep 6 2007, 09:41 PM']damn that selfish Chad Johnson. According to the announcers at the UC game, he spent a portion of his summer working with the Bearcat DB's improve their game.
Selfish prick. <_<[/quote]

Yeah what a jerk.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='541610' date='Sep 6 2007, 10:31 PM']Yeah what a jerk.[/quote]

I'm still waiting for a reply on Marvin's quote that was very clear, at least to me. Oldschool did the classic avoid the question but act like he answered. You (jamie) have not even attempted to reply but with your ever so clever 3 to 4 word reply. or Smilely.

I will again repost the Marvin Quote:

[quote]"He knows that the last three games it was: How many balls did you catch? And how many did you drop?" said Lewis. "And the last three the year before. How many did you drop and how many did you catch? And the year before that.

"So we showed it to him statistically. I showed it to him last year before the last game of the year. Graphically and statistically, there is something to when your team can count on you and when you should perform at your finest. So where are you doing it?"[/quote]
Again, this is my point and other people here have pointed out the same thing. And guess what Marvin did as well! - see above. So instead of avoiding the topic again and again will one of you please address Marvin's comments above.

So please, I want to here your response to Marvin's quote!

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='540419' date='Sep 5 2007, 10:26 AM']but its so much more fun for people to bitch and complain about something than to actually have an informed, educated opinion.
Everyone complains about Chad not showing up big stat wise against the Steelers. They never recognize the fact that the Stealers game plan to take Chad out of the game. That's why we always call TJ and Henry "stealer killers", because they go off when Chad is focused on.

Chad does just fine stat wise against the Ravens, and those games are just as big as the stealers games.
I just don't get all this "me, me, me" whining. Every WR ever born wants the damn ball. Why is Chad treated different? Because he has a flamboyant personality and knows how to market himself?[/quote]

This is another post I chose not to reply to but since you guys who have your lips tightly wrapped around Chad's cock continue to bring this argument to the forefront, I feel I must reply.

Ummh, I am uninformed and uneducated? I will gladly have a debate on football if you would like - or for that matter pick a topic any topic. The only question after reading all your posts over the past year is trying to remember anything that was educated or for that matter even the slight bit insightful. I mean seriously, I can't recall one post other than the bullshit you posted above.

Start here with your first insightful post. I have now reposted Marvin's quote several times. He himself called Chad out. Please provide your response to what Marvin said. I would like to hear how Marvin is uneducated and uninformed. Please proceed........

[quote name='Phatcat' post='541649' date='Sep 7 2007, 10:14 AM']So please, I want to here your response to Marvin's quote![/quote]

I'm really glad Marvin called Chad on these things. I think Chad's frustration last year was to some extent frustration he had with himself. He had to know he wasn't contributing when they needed it most.

[quote name='Goodfella' post='541674' date='Sep 7 2007, 12:34 AM']I'm really glad Marvin called Chad on these things. I think Chad's frustration last year was to some extent frustration he had with himself. He had to know he wasn't contributing when they needed it most.[/quote]

Agreed. My standard line that I have posted probably 7 to 10 times now is that Chad "gets in his own way". I think the guy could be elite - hall of fame type WR, but lets his emotions - what ever the motivation - get in the way. The guy could be a stud for 17, 18..... 20 games and not just 5 or 8. The guy can pull his team into the playoffs like a guy named Jerry Rice.

But I get called a hater, oldschool, no fun, uneducated, and uninformed for my opinion. The only thing I can say is atleast Marvin sees the same potential I see in Chad and also knows that Chad needs to show up in big games for this TEAM to reach its goals.

[quote name='Phatcat' post='541649' date='Sep 6 2007, 10:44 PM']I'm still waiting for a reply on Marvin's quote that was very clear, at least to me. Oldschool did the classic avoid the question but act like he answered. You (jamie) have not even attempted to reply but with your ever so clever 3 to 4 word reply. or Smilely.

I will again repost the Marvin Quote:
Again, this is my point and other people here have pointed out the same thing. And guess what Marvin did as well! - see above. So instead of avoiding the topic again and again will one of you please address Marvin's comments above.

So please, I want to here your response to Marvin's quote![/quote]

I didn`t avoid it, and didn`t "act" like I answered it, I answered it.
Everyone is bashing Chad, but giving Palmer a free pass, including Marvin.
The absolute "best" player on Offense struggled the last 3 games. He`s the
same player that throws the ball to Chad.

Carson Palmer the last 3 games of '06:

He completed 50% of his passes against the Colts, 52.5% against the Broncos, and 52.6% against the Stealers.
He threw 6 TD`s and 5 INTs the month of December. He also had 5 fumbles.
He had an average completion percentage of 56% for the month of December.
He had QB ratings of 69.9 against the Colts, 63.4 against the Broncos, and 91.0 against the Stealers.
He had a QB rating of 77.1 for the month of December.

This is the same QB that had an average of 66.9 completion percentage, had a QB rating of 109.2,
and threw 11 TD`s, 4 INTs and had 1 fumble in November.

[url="http://www.nfl.com/players/carsonpalmer/gamelogs?id=PAL249055&season=2006"]http://www.nfl.com/players/carsonpalmer/ga...amp;season=2006[/url]

When Carson was hot, Chad was hot. When Carson and the Offense struggled, Chad disappeared . . .

Would you call Carson`s numbers in the last 3 games "elite" ? Would you say he "disappeared" ?
Why isn`t he being bashed by fans ? Having articles written about him "disappearing" ?
Or having Marvin call him out ?

[quote name='Phatcat' post='541675' date='Sep 7 2007, 12:45 AM']This is another post I chose not to reply to but since you guys who have your lips tightly wrapped around Chad's cock continue to bring this argument to the forefront, I feel I must reply.

Ummh, I am uninformed and uneducated? I will gladly have a debate on football if you would like - or for that matter pick a topic any topic. The only question after reading all your posts over the past year is trying to remember anything that was educated or for that matter even the slight bit insightful. I mean seriously, I can't recall one post other than the bullshit you posted above.

Start here with your first insightful post. I have now reposted Marvin's quote several times. He himself called Chad out. Please provide your response to what Marvin said. I would like to hear how Marvin is uneducated and uninformed. Please proceed.........[/quote]

first off, nice job starting off with the personal insults. Not something I would have expected from you.

What's there to say about Marvin's comments? Chad, and the offense as a whole, didn't get the job done down the stretch. I wouldn't put it all on Chad. The steelers always double team him, and as I said the whole team was laying eggs at the end of the year.

Did Chad struggle down the end? of course, that's plaing to see (just see his first ever fumble at Denver). However, he's still an elite receiver.

Further, none of that changes the fact that ever WR wants the ball. Chad just has a flamboyant personality and isn't afraid to admit it.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='541711' date='Sep 7 2007, 08:14 AM']I didn`t avoid it, and didn`t "act" like I answered it, I answered it.

He completed 50% of his passes against the Colts, 52.5% against the Broncos, and 52.6% against the Stealers.
He had QB ratings of 69.9 against the Colts, 63.4 against the Broncos, and 91.0 against the Stealers.

This is the same QB that had an average of 66.9 completion percentage, had a QB rating of 109.2,
[url="http://www.nfl.com/players/carsonpalmer/gamelogs?id=PAL249055&season=2006"]http://www.nfl.com/players/carsonpalmer/ga...amp;season=2006[/url]

When Carson was hot, Chad was hot. When Carson and the Offense struggled, Chad disappeared . . .
Would you call Carson`s numbers in the last 3 games "elite" ? Would you say he "disappeared" ?
Why isn`t he being bashed by fans ? Having articles written about him "disappearing" ?
Or having Marvin call him out ?[/quote]

Exactly! Carson gets a free pass....go figure the guy throwing the ball is blame free? :lol: Chad should throw the ball then catch it, I don't know hy he doesn't..just not elite enough!

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='540272' date='Sep 4 2007, 10:37 PM']I think this is a case of our culture and how we like to build things up just to tear them down. Chad came to this city and changed the way the bengals were looked at, no longer were we the bungals, but we were now a up and comming team with a future star at WR. Now that there is a bit of a fall in how we did last year with reguards to our expectations. Chad is the one getting torn down, and ultimatly 8-8 has very very very little to do with Chad.[/quote]

Exactly 8-8 has very little to do with Chad if it had a lot to do with Chad we would not be a very strong team at all. Even though Chad sometimes has a "Me" attitude it is because he is trying to help the team out. He gets angry when he does not do good when we lose because he feels that we could have done better if he had helped out more. When we win and Chad has a small game he does not really complain at all other than he could have done better but overall he is extatic when we win regardless if he had a good game or not. We all know how Chad runs his mouth he has been doing it from day one so all of you people saying that it is destroying the team and that he needs to shut up and play. Why don't you shut up for a minute and think about where we were before we had Chad running his mouth every game....2-14? 3-11? Kitna? Paperbags on our heads? Mike Brown Sucks T's everywhere? Yeah that would pretty much sum up where we were at the time. Chad starts running his mouth bam 8-8 season. That is because even though Chad says things are about him and talks trash like it is him against the entire team that we play the next week its not he is saying that to motivate himself and more importantly motivate the team. Chad's trash talking is more helpful than people realize it motivates everyone on the team because they want to back up Chad's trash talking so that he and the team do not look like a bunch of bafoons. So just remember where we were before the trash talking came around from Chad.

I love Chad Johnson's talent, etc. I just wish he had the demeanor of a Marvin Harrison or Jerry Rice. When you're running your mouth and then have a let down / bad game you're going to get called on it more so than someone that just goes about their business and has a bad game. It is just human nature, especially amongst fans and sportswriters.

haven't any of you heard chad's take what marvin said on sirius? its brought up constantly... at first chad was pissed b/c he took it as a shot at him, and he knows that he's good... then he said he talked to other teammates and friends (he said ray-ray) and they told him how it was... they were like "chad, what do you think phil jackson used to tell michael jordan in his prime? it doesn't matter how good you are, you can always be better" and then he said he embraced it and started to work on his blocking and training harder... marvin has since said that chad looks better than he has EVER seen him... and so far, i have to agree...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='541793' date='Sep 7 2007, 12:02 PM']haven't any of you heard chad's take what marvin said on sirius? its brought up constantly... at first chad was pissed b/c he took it as a shot at him, and he knows that he's good... then he said he talked to other teammates and friends (he said ray-ray) and they told him how it was... they were like "chad, what do you think phil jackson used to tell michael jordan in his prime? it doesn't matter how good you are, you can always be better" and then he said he embraced it and started to work on his blocking and training harder... marvin has since said that chad looks better than he has EVER seen him... and so far, i have to agree...[/quote]

Bravo very good. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='541711' date='Sep 7 2007, 08:14 AM']I didn`t avoid it, and didn`t "act" like I answered it, I answered it.

Or having Marvin call him out ?[/quote]

Wow I agree Phat, not like you to throw out the insults. Did P4HOF hack your account? Anyway, I agree with old in what he has to say here.

[quote name='Vol_Bengal' post='541783' date='Sep 7 2007, 11:52 AM']I love Chad Johnson's talent, etc. I just wish he had the demeanor of a Marvin Harrison or Jerry Rice. When you're running your mouth and then have a let down / bad game you're going to get called on it more so than someone that just goes about their business and has a bad game. It is just human nature, especially amongst fans and sportswriters.[/quote]

yeah but then people would start questioning his desire and passion for the game

Archived