THE BITCHY BLIND A HOLE THREAD

[quote]Jeb,
...and Carson has overthrown way too many passes this year, ...what's up with that?[/quote]

[i]My best answer to give would revolve around the instability on the O-line.

IMO, of course without the availability of our whole offensive unit, one can see why Carson is having a few problems. But, to get into the weeds;
there are some tangibles to address.

Carson right now has full confidence in his abilities, which is good and we want him to keep, but it could be preventing from becoming the elite QB in the league.

Let me explain: In the First Quarter and with what I recall as his first pass to Chad along the right side line on a comebacker; fell short. (A good thing because it would have been picked). But, on that play Kenny Watson came out of the backfield wide open and he was soooo wide open I thought the play was designed for him. Now, I don't know what Carson
saw, but right now I see Joe Montana dumping off to Roger Craig for a minimum of an 8 yard gain; I'll take that all day long.

Carson has that confidence to thread the needle and I like it, but what we need, which can actually help our defense is for the offense to systemically march down the field.
Ball control. All we heard last night was how quickly we can score, this is a good thing but not for the current condition of our D.

Pocket presence: Carson does not run and we DO NOT want him to. Carson is starting to remind me of Dan Marino and that's not a bad thing, but watching Brady feel himself around
the pocket was very telling. As mentioned above, with the situation of our O-line; you can see why Carson throws are becoming elevated.[/i]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='561954' date='Oct 2 2007, 10:43 AM']my bad. :P[/quote]

[i]Actually, I place the blame on Oldschooler. he's in charge of this stuff.

He's falling down on the job letting you younguns run amuck around here.[/i]

:ninja:

[quote name='Lawman' post='561979' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:01 AM'][i]Actually, I place the blame on Oldschooler. he's in charge of this stuff.

He's falling down on the job letting you younguns run amuck around here.[/i]

:ninja:[/quote]

not really, I'm the one who's been making the good, bad, ugly threads.

[quote name='Bgal' post='561577' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:08 PM']OMG! You're so smart! Yay for you.

The bad thing about negative whiny topics is that somewhere deep (or not so deep) inside of you, you were happy the bengals lost tonight. You wasted no time to come here and bring up this thread and try and heckle the people that wanted to keep supporting the team.

Go away. Just go the fuck away. You aren't a fan and you aren't special.[/quote]

Wow, I think someone needs anger management. Maybe some of Mike Brown's Kool-Aid will calm you down.

[quote name='Jungle Jim' post='561541' date='Oct 1 2007, 11:57 PM']Well, let's see. I've been called Chicken Little, told to [i]"quit being stupid"[/i], and asked [i]"hahahah what Kansas City team have you been watching? What a fucking joke."[/i] Not to mention those who politely said two weeks ago that there was no way this team could lose at Arrowhead.

Anybody changing their mind yet? I'll stick by my guns: 1-4 after five games.

Folks, this team is going nowhere. Sure, they'll make their annual little push toward .500, but so what? Are we going to have a festival on Fountain Square to celebrate another 8-8 season?

No more Kool Aid for me, thanks.[/quote]

aw, poor boy, the bengals ruined your life but going 1-3. your still not right, i cant imagine losing to the chiefs. especially with 2-3 linebackers we are missing back on the field.

[quote name='Bgal' post='561577' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:08 AM']OMG! You're so smart! Yay for you.

[color="#FF0000"]The bad thing about negative whiny topics is that somewhere deep (or not so deep) inside of you, you were happy the bengals lost tonight.[/color] You wasted no time to come here and bring up this thread and try and heckle the people that wanted to keep supporting the team.

Go away. Just go the fuck away. You aren't a fan and you aren't special.[/quote]

BINGO

People make these threads saying "I told you so" and are happy that they can say that.

THIS is the very definition of a banwagon fan.

[quote name='Chris Henrys Dealer' post='562038' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:42 AM']I think the line is not as good as it has been in previous years, meaning he has less time to set.

I think the lack of a #3 receiver is hurting him, so he looks at forcing it into Housh and CJ more.[/quote]

Ding Ding Ding

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='562037' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:41 AM']BINGO

People make these threads saying "I told you so" and are happy that they can say that.

THIS is the very definition of a banwagon fan.[/quote]

BUT BUT IVE BEEN ON THE BANDWAGON BITCHING FOR 27 YEARZ!!!!1111111

[quote name='mgbrown66' post='562035' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:38 AM']There. I said it.

We all know it needs to be said. He is not in the Manning/Brady class we all thought he was going to be this year. He is not as accurate as he was in 05.

Is it still the knee?[/quote]

[i]Please see my postin the "Is Marvin the Guy?" thread; sorry I hate repeating myself.[/i]

[quote name='mgbrown66' post='562035' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:38 AM']There. I said it.

We all know it needs to be said. He is not in the Manning/Brady class we all thought he was going to be this year. He is not as accurate as he was in 05.

a big ol' duh there.

Someone above mentioned it, I think the main problems are the o-line injuries and inconsistency coupled with the lack of a running game. With no running threat, teams are just daring us to pass.

he's playing better than last year. minus the INT category. then again he wasnt palying from behind every week last year, forcing throws late in the game.

obviously your just trying to stir trouble for some pathetic reason. but carson is pretty low on the worries radar.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562050' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:52 AM']he's playing better than last year. minus the INT category. then again he wasnt palying from behind every week last year, forcing throws late in the game.

obviously your just trying to stir trouble for some pathetic reason. but carson is pretty low on the worries radar.[/quote]

let's not completely dismiss this one. Carson has been over-throwing a lot of people this year and rushing throws, in part because of pressure due to o-line play, but not always. He also seems to be not trusting his other options enough, though lastnight was better.

Another part of it is I think playcalling. We aren't giving Carson enough options outside of Chad and TJ. Brat needs to start using them as decoys to allow a #3 WR or TE to get off. Also, instead of sending chad and tj deep if it isn't working, why not send Holt deep and keep Chad and TJ in to get the underneath stuff? If the safety bites, chad and tj are open. If not, send it deep if Holt is open.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='562057' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:57 AM']let's not completely dismiss this one. Carson has been over-throwing a lot of people this year and rushing throws, in part because of pressure due to o-line play, but not always. He also seems to be not trusting his other options enough, though lastnight was better.
Another part of it is I think playcalling. We aren't giving Carson enough options outside of Chad and TJ. Brat needs to start using them as decoys to allow a #3 WR or TE to get off. Also, instead of sending chad and tj deep if it isn't working, why not send Holt deep and keep Chad and TJ in to get the underneath stuff? If the safety bites, chad and tj are open. If not, send it deep if Holt is open.[/quote]

its not absurd, but cmon, the pressure and having a new #3 WR every week isnt helping, i wouldnt trust a position who i cant remember whos starting there this week either. Tab, Holt Green, and chatman have all started at #3 this year... or at least played heavily. each will run the route different hit the mark at a differnet time and are different builds, all require a different throw. its a play he can make, but the pats defense is very good and if they can muck up tj and cj that well, its tought to say the #3 was a great option either way. carsons problems arent square on carsons shoulders. his play absolutely needs to improve. if come week 10 he is making those choices with a solid run game, a good line and all 3 WR's back. something needs to happen. but given the terms of our team and the personel in question. its certain not a sky is falling moment. ya know?

[quote name='GoBengals' post='562062' date='Oct 2 2007, 12:01 PM']its not absurd, but cmon, the pressure and having a new #3 WR every week isnt helping, i wouldnt trust a position who i cant remember whos starting there this week either. Tab, Holt Green, and chatman have all started at #3 this year... or at least played heavily. each will run the route different hit the mark at a differnet time and are different builds, all require a different throw. its a play he can make, but the pats defense is very good and if they can muck up tj and cj that well, its tought to say the #3 was a great option either way. carsons problems arent square on carsons shoulders. his play absolutely needs to improve. if come week 10 he is making those choices with a solid run game, a good line and all 3 WR's back. something needs to happen. but given the terms of our team and the personel in question. its certain not a sky is falling moment. ya know?[/quote]

I'll give ya that. But I still think they can come up with a gameplan that has more safe options. And there is no excusing him not using Reggie Kelly more. Reggie made some great catches lastnight, and IMO can be a 6-catch a game option if given the chance.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='562057' date='Oct 2 2007, 11:57 AM']let's not completely dismiss this one. Carson has been over-throwing a lot of people this year and rushing throws, in part because of pressure due to o-line play, but not always. He also seems to be not trusting his other options enough, though lastnight was better.
Another part of it is I think playcalling. We aren't giving Carson enough options outside of Chad and TJ. Brat needs to start using them as decoys to allow a #3 WR or TE to get off. Also, instead of sending chad and tj deep if it isn't working, why not send Holt deep and keep Chad and TJ in to get the underneath stuff? If the safety bites, chad and tj are open. If not, send it deep if Holt is open.[/quote]

agreed, on both accounts. But the question is how much of it is brat and how much of it is Carson calling the plays, we seemed to do a little better the previous year when we reigned Carson in and let Brat do the play calling, is it time to do that again till things can get stable?

Archived