conservative prediction should take bengals from last to first in afc north come mid season

[b]Current/Week 4 AFC North rankings[/b]
Steelers: 3-1
Browns: 2-2
Ravens: 2-2
[i]Bengals: 1-2 (MNF)[/i]

[b]Week 8 AFC North rankings[/b]
[i]Bengals: 4-3[/i]
Ravens: 4-3
Steelers: 3-4
Browns: 3-4

[b]Explanation:[/b]
[b]Steelers:[/b] 3-1 (3-4 following week 8, will drop 3 of next 3 following a week 4 let down, seattle will come out and repay them for the super bowl bullshit, then they will lay an egg against a tough denver squad at home and again in the jungle for the division lead. as a side note: if youre a bengal fan and know how to design a website id suggest going ahead and picking up that firetomlin.com domain name sometime soon.)
week 5 seattle L
week 6 bye
week 7 @ denver L
week 8 @ cincinnati L

[b]Browns:[/b] 2-2 (3-4 following week 8, will drop 2 of next 3, @ne and then will choke against at least one of the others. theyre a decent enough team but theyre still a year or two away from being consistent and challenging for the division title.)
week 5 @ new england L
week 6 miami ?
week 7 bye
week 8 @ st. louis ?

[b]Ravens:[/b] 2-2 (4-3 following week 8, will win 2 of next 3, but choke against a lesser(?) team, my guess is one of the two away games. this might even be worse given how they played the browns.)
week 5 @ san francisco ?
week 6 st. louis ?
week 7 @ buffalo ?
week 8 bye

[b]Bengals:[/b] 1-2 (4-3, even with a injury riddled loss in prime time the bengals will come out following the bye week with many of their currently injured masses intact with others shortly off of the pup list, while beating both the jets and steelers at home and the chiefs on the road. the bengals easiest stretch comes following these games while the other division rivals face stiffer competition.)
week 4 new england L
week 5 bye
week 6 @ kansas city W
week 7 new york jets W
week 8 pissburgh W

And soon we have Chris Perry, Chris Henry, and a 100% Ahmad Brooks, as well as Jeanty, Kilmer, et al. If we can stay fairly healthy, we should be fine. The Stealers* havent played shit, and we choked against the Browns. The Ratbirds Offense is once again horrendous, and the Browns are who we thought they were. haha. maybe a little more competitive than previous years, but still not great.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='559800' date='Sep 30 2007, 07:12 PM'][b]Current/Week 4 AFC North rankings[/b]

[b]Steelers:[/b] 3-1 (3-4 following week 8, will drop 3 of next 3 following a week 4 let down, seattle will come out and repay them for the super bowl bullshit, then they will lay an egg against a tough denver squad at home and again in the jungle for the division lead. as a side note: if youre a bengal fan and know how to design a website id suggest going ahead and picking up that firetomlin.com domain name sometime soon.)
week 5 seattle L
week 6 bye
week 7 @ denver L
week 8 @ cincinnati L

[b]Browns:[/b] 2-2 (3-4 following week 8, will drop 2 of next 3, @ne and then will choke against at least one of the others. theyre a decent enough team but theyre still a year or two away from being consistent and challenging for the division title.)
week 5 @ new england L
week 6 miami ?
week 7 bye
week 8 @ st. louis ?

[b]Ravens:[/b] 2-2 (4-3 following week 8, will win 2 of next 3, but choke against a lesser(?) team, my guess is one of the two away games. this might even be worse given how they played the browns.)
week 5 @ san francisco ?
week 6 st. louis ?
week 7 @ buffalo ?
week 8 bye

[b]Bengals:[/b] 1-2 (4-3, even with a injury riddled loss in prime time the bengals will come out following the bye week with many of their currently injured masses intact with others shortly off of the pup list, while beating both the jets and steelers at home and the chiefs on the road. the bengals easiest stretch comes following these games while the other division rivals face stiffer competition.)
week 4 new england L
week 5 bye
week 6 @ kansas city W
week 7 new york jets W
week 8 pissburgh W[/quote]
Chiefs are not that bad..beat SD today

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='559897' date='Sep 30 2007, 08:41 PM']Chiefs are not that bad..beat SD today[/quote]

San Diego has completely turned to shit since Turner got his grubby hands on the reins

They need to fire him and AJ smith and bring back marty if they want to go anywhere

[quote name='maanster' post='559825' date='Sep 30 2007, 07:32 PM']good points. no need to panic even if we lose to the pats. we have alot of football left to be played.[/quote]

wasnt the philosophy of this team to get the quick start? 1-3 def hurts the team morale. the season isnt over at that point but its a pretty big rut to overcome.

[quote name='Nati Ice' post='559800' date='Sep 30 2007, 07:12 PM'][b]Current/Week 4 AFC North rankings[/b]

week 5 seattle L
week 6 bye
week 7 @ denver L
week 8 @ cincinnati L

week 5 @ new england L
week 6 miami ?
week 7 bye
week 8 @ st. louis ?

week 5 @ san francisco ?
week 6 st. louis ?
week 7 @ buffalo ?
week 8 bye

week 4 new england L
week 5 bye
week 6 @ kansas city W
week 7 new york jets W
week 8 pissburgh W[/quote]

Id guess the Ravens will be 5-2 with all the rest at 4-3 after week eight..
Nothing ever happens as you expect it in the NFL though.

It could happen, no doubt. But we help ourselves a whole lot more with a win tonight. Not to mention putting the NFL back on notice that the Bengals are not to be fucked with.

WHO-DEY!!!!!! And down a brew or two tonite for me....I'll be there in spirit, don't doubt that.......

:icon15:

BTW, when did we get this one :russian:

[quote name='NASTYNATI' post='559952' date='Sep 30 2007, 11:02 PM']wasnt the philosophy of this team to get the quick start? 1-3 def hurts the team morale. the season isnt over at that point but its a pretty big rut to overcome.[/quote]

Actually this year it was "TO FINISH." I guess Marvin was planning on starting bad and finishing strong. Since Finishing is something the Bengals haven't been good at lately, I'll be happy to see them pull it off. I'd be much happier with 4-0 in January/Februrary instead of 4-0 in September/October.

Good thread.

Archived