Kirk Cameron should stick to 'Growing Pains' ...

BlackJesus

[center]

[color="#8B0000"][i]"The doctrine that the earth is neither the center of the universe nor immovable, but moves even with a daily rotation, is absurd, and both philosophically and theologically false, and at the least an error of faith." [/i]

[b]~ Catholic Church's decision against Galileo[/b][/center][/color]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='571147' date='Oct 15 2007, 11:18 PM']I am glad I get such good info from a guy who uses the word "pwnage"...I feel more smarter already! :ninja:[/quote]

A guy saying "pwnage" looks pretty smart next to someone holding a picture of a "crock-a-duck."

[s]Religious people are funny, but not on purpose. That makes them even funnier.[/s] ^_^

I started to delete that, but I decided to just strike through it. I know many of you are religious including some of my favorite posters. I know it offends you when I say stuff like that, but if you were a nonbeliever, you'd think stuff like that was funny too. Swear to God. ^_^

:mellow:

Sorry, it's the one subject where I sometimes just can't help myself.

I believe what I believe...I am not trying to convert anyone. I think trying to convert people is the wrong approach. I think these are the types of things that people have to figure out on their own or they just become followers not knowing what they are following fully.

Crock a ducks and pwnage...the whole thing was stupid.

BJ and Lawman are the same in my opinion. They use google to find anything and everything. Although BJ's is usually more propaganda based and half truths. I also don't like how Lawman sometimes attacks the Muslim religion.

Everyone worries about global warming....Religious intolerance is what will end life as we know it.

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='571205' date='Oct 16 2007, 06:06 AM']BJ and Lawman are the same in my opinion. They use google to find anything and everything. Although BJ's is usually more propaganda based and half truths. I also don't like how Lawman sometimes attacks the Muslim religion.
Everyone worries about global warming....Religious intolerance is what will end life as we know it.[/quote]

[font="Arial Narrow"][size=3][b] :lol:

Name one thing about that clip that was a "half truth" ? just one. Also what about that clip was propaganda ?

God and evolution are not mutually exclusive (maybe God did the evolving) ... but EVOLUTION IS A FACT. [/b][/size][/font]

[i]Firstly, the result of a study published last year shows conclusively that the adult populations of US and Turkey are the least likely to believe in theory of evolution. The study was conducted over 34 countries which include Japan, US and 32 European nations. [/i]

[center][size=3][b]A question “Human beings, as we know them, developed from earlier species of animals.” was asked, in which correspondents could respond with true, false or unsure.[/b][/size][/center]

[center][img]http://evolutionspace.files.wordpress.com/2007/04/060810-evolution_big.jpg[/img]

:russian: [/center]

Here's a thought ... Does it really matter if the average person believes one way or the other?

Let's pretend that my job is a football player, a linebacker perhaps. Let's pretend that I don't believe in evolution and I show up to play a game on Sunday. When I line up against the other team, did I lose something from my job because I don't believe in evolution? When i go home to eat my meal, do I eat differently because I don't believe in evolution?

A lot of the non-beliefs in evolution in this country and perhaps Turkey is because of religion. This just shows me what countries have lost most of their religion. I don't think it is a strong indicator of intelligence. As long as the scientists who believe in evolution keep believing, and they practice science the correct way, how will it affect me, the linebacker? If you asked me to pack up and leave my country for France because more youngsters believe in evolution, I'll tell you to fuck off. I know people who moved here from France and the way they describe their country scares me.

[quote name='steggyD' post='571399' date='Oct 16 2007, 02:46 PM']Here's a thought ... Does it really matter if the average person believes one way or the other?

Let's pretend that my job is a football player, a linebacker perhaps. Let's pretend that I don't believe in evolution and I show up to play a game on Sunday. When I line up against the other team, did I lose something from my job because I don't believe in evolution? When i go home to eat my meal, do I eat differently because I don't believe in evolution?

A lot of the non-beliefs in evolution in this country and perhaps Turkey is because of religion. This just shows me what countries have lost most of their religion. I don't think it is a strong indicator of intelligence. As long as the scientists who believe in evolution keep believing, and they practice science the correct way, how will it affect me, the linebacker? If you asked me to pack up and leave my country for France because more youngsters believe in evolution, I'll tell you to fuck off. I know people who moved here from France and the way they describe their country scares me.[/quote]

This 'debate' affects a country in its education system. The teaching of intelligent design in science classes will have a much greater effect on a nation's psyche than would be initially anticipated, since the foundation of science as taught in the context of an elementary education is the forensic analysis of data to prove hypotheses. Intelligent design permits the use of a supernatural force as an explanation of the observed phenomenon of speciation. Teaching according to this methodology would quell the investigative drive which science classes should instill in youth.

Also, using the poll above as an index of what countries have "lost most of their religion" is not very useful, since even the Catholic church, that most conservative of institutions, has openly acknowledged evolution by natural selection.

[quote name='steggyD' post='571399' date='Oct 16 2007, 02:46 PM']Here's a thought ... Does it really matter if the average person believes one way or the other?

A lot of the non-beliefs in evolution in this country and perhaps Turkey is because of religion. This just shows me what countries have lost most of their religion. I don't think it is a strong indicator of intelligence. As long as the scientists who believe in evolution keep believing, and they practice science the correct way, how will it affect me, the linebacker? If you asked me to pack up and leave my country for France because more youngsters believe in evolution, I'll tell you to fuck off. I know people who moved here from France and the way they describe their country scares me.[/quote]
because the odds that you will use your faith in order to sway votes and campaign for a candidate that runs on platform of religious intolerance rather than rational thought is a million times more likely than the apathetic, agnostic, or atheist linebacker.

and thats just the beginning...

Catholicism is conservative in many ways, yet not conservative at all in others. There are many southern churches that would make Catholicism look like Satanism.

And to Nati Ice, couldn't the same be said for the other side? I have seen people use the lack of religion as a way to sway votes.

In my opinion, if both sides of the fence just lay off of such subjects, since they really don't affect everyday life, then we would be much better off. Like I said, does believing in evolution or not really affect most people in their everyday life? If politicians or people like BJ, who bring up a subject that really doesn't matter so much, then we can focus on the real issues, and probably work towards a common goal.

[quote name='steggyD' post='571399' date='Oct 16 2007, 02:46 PM']Does it really matter if the average person believes one way or the other?[/quote]

[b]Yes[/b]

[quote name='steggyD' post='571399' date='Oct 16 2007, 02:46 PM']As long as the scientists who believe in evolution keep believing, and they practice science the correct way, how will it affect me, the linebacker?[/quote]

[b]In an array of ways. Since 'democracy' is in effect 2 wolves and a sheep deciding on what to have for dinner ... a country with a majority of the population unable to understand the scientific method is a threat to the foundations of education (as you see with the introduction of 'intelligent' design.)

Once the idiot masses eliminates actual science in the classroom and replace it with reading of psalms ... the whole nation will be fucked. We will lag behind the world in scientific progress & discovery (already happening) and not produce the future great scientific minds society will depend on for medical and health advancements.

Also ... a denial of the fact of evolution is usually indicative of other things. It usually shows that the person accepts "faith" over reason. Now this may be ok occasionally ... but if one always prescribes to this belief you are left with --- having "faith" that the WMD's were really there when they are proven not to be, or left having "faith" that we can destroy the environment because Jesus will be returning soon anyway to save us. It also makes someone more "trusting" of their leaders .... because after all God wouldn't allow a tyrant of a Christian nation now would he ? :rolleyes:

Also this offensive posturing towards science can be seen in many areas. Stem cell research, contraception, etc [/b]

[quote name='steggyD' post='571399' date='Oct 16 2007, 02:46 PM']If you asked me to pack up and leave my country for France because more youngsters believe in evolution, I'll tell you to fuck off. I know people who moved here from France and the way they describe their country scares me.[/quote]

[b]Skinny hot women, great food, free healthcare for all, an abundance of culture and arts, 30 hour work weeks, 3 weeks of paid vacation for every citizen, etc etc .... a damn scary place indeed. [/b]

I guess, what I'm trying to say is that I have seen the most liberal people and the most conservative relgious people actually have common goals. Yet, they let silly issues, like creationism versus evolution get in the way. Or even marijuana legalization. If someone smokes a joint down the road, does it really affect my life? If someone down the street thinks that God made us the way that we are now, does it affect me? I mean outside of the normal bickering and vote-swaying.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='571422' date='Oct 16 2007, 03:19 PM'][b]Skinny hot women, great food, free healthcare for all, an abundance of culture and arts, 30 hour work weeks, 3 weeks of paid vacation for every citizen, etc etc .... a damn scary place indeed. [/b][/quote]
Have you heard of how scary it is for most young women in France to dress like a girl? France is not what some what you to think it is. Let's just say most crime goes unreported there, but that doesn't make it a safer place.

And BJ, you are going back into the wrong argument. I'm saying that those issues should be left alone altogether. If neither side focuses on who is right when it comes down to religious beliefs versus noreligious beliefs, we could focus on the real issues. Keep it out of schools, yes, but I think it's being introduced back into schools more out of a political battle than an actual scientific battle.

[quote name='steggyD' post='571432' date='Oct 16 2007, 03:26 PM']I'm saying that those issues should be left alone altogether. If neither side focuses on who is right[/quote]

[b]No ... because evolution is RIGHT .... and PROVEN.

Once someone decides to ignore Scientific proof ... that cat never goes back in the bag ... and we all spiral into a world of idiocracy ... not that different than where we are headed now. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='571440' date='Oct 16 2007, 03:36 PM'][b]No ... because evolution is RIGHT .... and PROVEN.

Once someone decides to ignore Scientific proof ... that cat never goes back in the bag ... and we all spiral into a world of idiocracy ... not that different than where we are headed now. [/b][/quote]
Well, I think it can be different. When I went to school, they taught evolution. I went home and my dad taught me differently. And everyone was fine. Now politics have brought it back to trying to teach our kids "the right way". Before it became such a political issue, it wasn't so wrong to teach evolution in school. Just drop the issue and allow school to teach science.

Do you see what I'm doing here? I'm saying for both sides to just drop it!

[quote name='steggyD' post='571442' date='Oct 16 2007, 03:41 PM']Well, I think it can be different. When I went to school, they taught evolution. I went home and my dad taught me differently. And everyone was fine. Now politics have brought it back to trying to teach our kids "the right way". Before it became such a political issue, it wasn't so wrong to teach evolution in school. Just drop the issue and allow school to teach science.

Do you see what I'm doing here? I'm saying for both sides to just drop it![/quote]

We used to be able to teach science class like that, because the creation myths were studied elsewhere, privately, in a reflection of religious devotion. But then, the creationists evolved, ironically, into a form wherein they dress their doctrine up as science, throw around a few fallacious analogies that make the uninformed go 'gee whiz now that does make sense doesn't it huh huh!' and voila! they stake their claim for inclusion in public school education.

does anyone on this board, conservative or liberal or moderate, believe that evolution isn't happening?

i know some people do, but pointing towards the extremes of groups of people and tellling the rest of them that they all believe something is stupid and just as bad as the poeple that actually believe that evolution is non existant...

evolution only makes God make more sense to me, at least...

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='571422' date='Oct 16 2007, 03:19 PM'][b]Skinny hot women, great food, free healthcare for all, an abundance of culture and arts, 30 hour work weeks, 3 weeks of paid vacation for every citizen, etc etc .... a damn scary place indeed. [/b][/quote]

Since 1984 I have spent a total of four years in France, I know the language rather well, and have NEVER played the part of the "ugly American" that so many idiots have done before me. Here is MY take on France... especially the subjects address by BJ.

Skinny and hot? Some are, some aren't... one thing they all have in common though is that they are hairy and they smell bad, personal hygiene is NOT a high priority there.

Great food? No better than it is here, depends on what you fix and/or where you eat. Although I AM partial to their bakeries... one on every corner! McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc... do a huge business in France too.

Free healthcare? Yes... higher taxes to pay for it on lower wages, and the standard of living is MUCH lower there.

Abundance of culture and arts? They do have a better understanding of the arts there, and more famous galleries and such... as for culture, it is up to the individual. France has rudest and most conceited populace that I've ever seen.

30 hour work weeks and 3 weeks paid vacation? True, if you like making less money, paying more to live (especially those taxes that pay for that "free" healthcare), and high unemployment.

There are great people there too, but if given the choice to live there or here... I choose here. There are 14 different families that I know who live here in the United States, having been born and lived in France until they were in their 20's & 30's... all of them choose here over their home country too.

Guess it depends on if you're looking at things objectively, or looking to find even more fault with America like you usually are.

I really don't understand people who dislike it here so much. Having been all over the world, I KNOW the best place in the world to live is right here.

Why do you stay? No one keeps you here, you're free to go where you want. I'm not being facetious either... why do you stay?

[quote name='bengalrick' post='571448' date='Oct 16 2007, 04:00 PM']does anyone on this board, conservative or liberal or moderate, believe that evolution isn't happening?

i know some people do, but pointing towards the extremes of groups of people and tellling the rest of them that they all believe something is stupid and just as bad as the poeple that actually believe that evolution is non existant...

evolution only makes God make more sense to me, at least...[/quote]

Stop making sense...it's Bj's way or the highway! :ninja:

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='571449' date='Oct 16 2007, 04:00 PM']Since 1984 I have spent a total of four years in France, I know the language rather well, and have NEVER played the part of the "ugly American" that so many idiots have done before me. Here is MY take on France... especially the subjects address by BJ.

Skinny and hot? Some are, some aren't... one thing they all have in common though is that they are hairy and they smell bad, personal hygiene is NOT a high priority there.

Great food? No better than it is here, depends on what you fix and/or where you eat. Although I AM partial to their bakeries... one on every corner, McDonalds, Pizza Hut etc... do a huge business in France too.

Free healthcare? Yes... higher taxes to pay for it on lower wages, and the standard of living is MUCH lower there.

Abundance of culture and arts? They do have a better understanding of the arts there, and more famous galleries and such... as for culture, it is up to the individual. France has rudest most conceited populace that I've ever seen.

30 hour work weeks and 3 weeks paid vacation? True, if you like making less money, paying more to live (especially those taxes that pay for that "free" healthcare), and high unemployment.

There are great people there too, but if given the choice to live there or here... I choose here. There are 14 different families that I know who live here in the United States, having been born lived in France until they were in their 20's & 30's... all of them choose here over there home country too.

Guess it depends on if you're looking at things objectively, or looking to find even more fault with America like you usually are.[/quote]

Don't you realize BJ thinks just about everywhere is better than here! Maybe even Cuba!!! :ninja: :blink:

Archived