Interesting read...

[quote name='JC' post='573290' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:04 PM']TJ is under contract next year isn't he?

The dude can't have to many years left can he? I dont know why anyone would pay him like chad.[/quote]

no one will pay him like chad, unless they are super desperate. he fails without someone like chad around him, he is a toughguy, but his body wont take it for long. he should be paid better after this, but not by much.

someone like san diego or new orleans would do well with him

[quote name='GoBengals' post='573292' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:07 PM']no one will pay him like chad, unless they are super desperate. he fails without someone like chad around him, he is a toughguy, but his body wont take it for long. he should be paid better after this, but not by much.

someone like san diego or new orleans would do well with him[/quote]

I know Im gonna get flamed for this, but I feel like TJ is more replaceable than Chad or Henry, that kind of talent is hard to find, TJ is a possesion reciver, and likely the best in the NFL at it, but possessions recievers can be found much easier. (Looke ad Bowe in KC).

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='573302' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:16 PM']I know Im gonna get flamed for this, but I feel like TJ is more replaceable than Chad or Henry, that kind of talent is hard to find, TJ is a possesion reciver, and likely the best in the NFL at it, but possessions recievers can be found much easier. (Looke ad Bowe in KC).[/quote]

more than half the nfl teams have a TJ like player, some its TE, like heap, miller, gonzalez, etc, some its jurvicious, or tj, etc. but many of those teams DONT have a chad or henry, let alone both. no way tj gets 80_ chatches any where near 1000 yards if he leaves.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='573304' date='Oct 19 2007, 02:18 PM']more than half the nfl teams have a TJ like player, some its TE, like heap, miller, gonzalez, etc, some its jurvicious, or tj, etc. but many of those teams DONT have a chad or henry, let alone both. no way tj gets 80_ chatches any where near 1000 yards if he leaves.[/quote]
So Go, would you say TJ=Alvin Harper, or not to that extent...

[quote name='GoBengals' post='573304' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:18 PM']more than half the nfl teams have a TJ like player, some its TE, like heap, miller, gonzalez, etc, some its jurvicious, or tj, etc. but many of those teams DONT have a chad or henry, let alone both. no way tj gets 80_ chatches any where near 1000 yards if he leaves.[/quote]

and some teams have thir #1 WR is a possestion type *cough* Hines Ward *cough*

[quote name='Sigfox09' post='573429' date='Oct 19 2007, 05:21 PM']I feel pretty comfortable with Chad #1 and Henry #2 if it came to that. If TJ wants out I think we could use him to pick up an extra second round pick....If Miami could get a second round pick for Chambers we can for sure get that for TJ[/quote]

TJ's contract is up after next year, so i dont know that i see a trade for him. i hope we can re-sign him. i have no idea what the cap looks like for next year but i hope he sticks around. Then again, he'll probably want to cash in big before his career is over.

[quote name='Lucid' post='573257' date='Oct 19 2007, 12:07 PM']Perhaps now. Alas, Johnson is a bruiser in a small package... That doesn't mix well with leading the NFL in carries over a 3 year span. I think slimming down was an attempt to extend his carreer since his body isn't up to the pounding anymore... That experiment hasn't worked thus far.

However I will give him the benefit of the doubt until I can see him running healthy behind a cohesive line.[/quote]
Yeah.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='573277' date='Oct 19 2007, 12:44 PM']Imagine a 3 reciever set and a great tight end. and a healthy c. perry out of the backfield. that would make this offense unstoppable[/quote]
TE's don't generally play in the 3 WR set, hence why we don't have an Antonio Gates. Unnecessary, provided of course, we have Chris Henry. Which, of course, we don't.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' post='573526' date='Oct 19 2007, 09:09 PM']TJ's contract is up after next year, so i dont know that i see a trade for him. i hope we can re-sign him. i have no idea what the cap looks like for next year but i hope he sticks around. Then again, he'll probably want to cash in big before his career is over.[/quote]
I hope TJ sticks around, it would be a shame to let our best and hardest working WR go in his prime....
Did I just say that?
<<shoot me now, GoBengals!!!>>
<<drops crazy bread in the dirt>>

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='573309' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:20 PM']So Go, would you say TJ=Alvin Harper, or not to that extent...[/quote]
:shrug:

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='573310' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:21 PM']and some teams have thir #1 WR is a possestion type *cough* Hines Ward *cough*[/quote]

they have holmes now, who is damn fast and pretty solid. they can call wines hard the #1 if they want... but its holmes.

Wow. Go, stop it. Right now TJ is our most valuable WR. I don't care what Chad has done or what he says or any of that shit.Its 7 TDs compared to 3 TDs. Which would you choose? All TJ does is get in the endzone. There's a reason why Carson's been throwing to him more.

[quote name='Jamie_B' post='573302' date='Oct 19 2007, 03:16 PM']I know Im gonna get flamed for this, but I feel like TJ is more replaceable than Chad or Henry, that kind of talent is hard to find, TJ is a possesion reciver, and likely the best in the NFL at it, but possessions recievers can be found much easier. (Looke ad Bowe in KC).[/quote]

You call him a possession receiver as though he disappears on 1st and 2nd downs and doesn't make "big" catches. He's not just leading our team in receptions and receiving TDs, he's tied for 2nd in the league in total TDs. and is 2nd in the league in receptions. Get off Chad's nuts, yo. Not only is he a douchebag, but TJ's numbers surpass his this year.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='573531' date='Oct 20 2007, 04:54 AM'][b]TE's don't generally play in the 3 WR set[/b], hence why we don't have an Antonio Gates. Unnecessary, provided of course, we have Chris Henry. Which, of course, we don't.[/quote]
Actually, the 3rd WR often replaces the FB in our offense, leaving the TE in the game to block. :whistle:

Archived