Rudi's stats

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591315' date='Nov 11 2007, 07:05 PM']RUDI'S STATS THIS SEASON AFTER THIS GAME:

[size=6][b]93 carries, 242 yards, 0 TDs, 2.6 YPC[/b][/size]

[b]without that one 15 yard run[/b]... he had 21 carries for 31 yards.

Why

why

why

Kenny Watson?

please?

DeDe Dorsey even?[/quote]

and without the 66yder and 31yder against us, we held Jamal Lewis pretty well in week 2. :crazy:

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='591379' date='Nov 11 2007, 07:58 PM']and without the 66yder and 31yder against us, we held Jamal Lewis pretty well in week 2. :crazy:[/quote]

you're comparing Jamal Lewis' 216 yard game to Rudi's 46 yard game? really? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//23.gif[/img]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591384' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:03 PM']you're comparing Jamal Lewis' 216 yard game to Rudi's 46 yard game? really? [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/23.gif[/img][/quote]

not at all. I'm saying that you can't pick and choose which stats you want to "count"

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591396' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:10 PM']well even when we do count it, 22 for 46 is still terrible

I don't see how 5-10 of those carries didn't go to Watson...[/quote]

I don't disagree, though the impression I got was that once we got a 2 TD lead, the focus went from attacking, to trying to get Rudi out of his funk. We could have made this game a lot uglier than it was score wise, but Marvin chose to work on the running game.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591399' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:13 PM']that's true, he just wanted to wind down the clock. I just don't see anything that really suggests Rudi has anything left, I hope he proves me wrong[/quote]

not trying to defend Rudi (I'm good with going with Kenny), but I question if he's 100% back. Randy Cross made mention that Rudi has been practicing to make sure it doesn't stiffen back up. That statement makes me wonder if he's a 100%. If he was, he wouldn't be worrying about it stiffening up. Nor, if his hammy was 100%, would he be making note that he was practicing so that it would stay lose. Almost like he wouldn't be practicing if it wasn't helping keep it loose.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='591402' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:15 PM']Willie Parker rushed 23 times for 42 yards against the Ravens last week.
That`s an average of 1.8 ypc.

The Stealers as a team rushed 39 times for 90 yards.
And averaged 2.3 ypc against the Ravens last week.

Parker must have lost a step, sucks and needs to be cut . . .[/quote]

Rudi = 93 carries, 242 yards, 2.6 ypc
Parker = 237 carries, 978, 4.1 ypc

yea, reasonable comparison...

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591406' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:22 PM']Rudi = 93 carries, 242 yards, 2.6 ypc

yea, reasonable comparison...[/quote]

considering he was comparing stats against the same opponent in a similiar time period, it is a reasonable comparison. Don't be sad that the stats aren't skewed in your favor.

the difference is Parker has had 6 100 yard games and Rudi has had 1 :wave:

Rudi had that one decent game against the Browns, hobbled around Seattle, sat out a bunch of games and has hobbled around since. Willie Parker has had a very solid season and is second in the NFL in rushing. So yea, comparing the two doesn't make any sense.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591406' date='Nov 11 2007, 07:22 PM']Rudi = 93 carries, 242 yards, 2.6 ypc

yea, reasonable comparison...[/quote]

Yes it was a reasonable comparison since they
both played the Ravens the past 2 weeks.

And Willie has 144 more rushing attempts.
Maybe Rudi`s ypc will go up in his next
144 attempts, now that he has a stable
O-line in front of him. Plus Willie never
suffered an injury.

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591413' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:30 PM']the difference is Parker has had 6 100 yard games and Rudi has had 1 :wave:

Rudi had that one decent game against the Browns, hobbled around Seattle, sat out a bunch of games and has hobbled around since. Willie Parker has had a very solid season and is second in the NFL in rushing. So yea, comparing the two doesn't make any sense.[/quote]

yea comparing both of their recent stats against the Ravens' makes no sense.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img]

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='591419' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:33 PM']yea comparing both of their recent stats against the Ravens' makes no sense.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//30.gif[/img][/quote]

Yes, it seems you have finally gotten it. Comparing their games against the Ravens, and then making the comment "Parker must have lost a step, sucks and needs to be cut . . ."
makes no sense, as it ignores the context of the season, and their situations. -_-

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591424' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:35 PM']Yes, it seems you have finally gotten it. Comparing their games against the Ravens, and then making the comment "[b]Parker must have lost a step, sucks and needs to be cut . . ."[/b]makes no sense, as it ignores the context of the season, and their situations. -_-[/quote]

you obviously suck at detecting sarcasm.

[quote name='oldschooler' post='591402' date='Nov 11 2007, 09:15 PM']Willie Parker rushed 23 times for 42 yards against the Ravens last week.
That`s an average of 1.8 ypc.

The Stealers as a team rushed 39 times for 90 yards.
And averaged 2.3 ypc against the Ravens last week.

Parker must have lost a step, sucks and needs to be cut . . .[/quote]

i agree....and again, will someone please tell me why we didn't choose to move up and take ngata in that draft?

ahhh, nevermind!

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' post='591413' date='Nov 11 2007, 07:30 PM']the difference is Parker has had 6 100 yard games and Rudi has had 1 :wave:

Rudi had that one decent game against the Browns, hobbled around Seattle, sat out a bunch of games and has hobbled around since. Willie Parker has had a very solid season and is second in the NFL in rushing. So yea, comparing the two doesn't make any sense.[/quote]

WTF ?

Did you read that as you typed it ?

Rudi missed 3 entire games. He had 4 carries in another.
And 11 carries in another. Of course he isn`t going to have
a season as good as Parker has had, he has missed no games,
and hasn`t been injured.

Plus the few games Rudi started at the beginning of the season,
the O-line was playing musical chairs.

As far as the stats I posted in the other post, they both played the
Ravens the past 2 weeks. And the Ravens shut both running games down.
It is a resonable comparison.

Plus the Ravens are leading the NFL in run Defense. They allow
73.7 rushing yards per game, and an average of 2.7 ypc.
whether you like it or not.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='591437' date='Nov 11 2007, 08:42 PM']Anybody notice how far back Rudi was from the line and Carson? Carson does need to work on the play action pass. When they run a play to Rudi....[b]Carson has his arm way out and takes 3-4 steps to hand to Rudi WTF[/b]! <_<[/quote]

I've noticed that this year too, and it pisses me off. Of course, I then see Peyton Manning doing the same thing week after week. IMO, it telegraphs the run a bit, especially if you don't run a lot of play action. The difference is, the Colts do.

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' post='591363' date='Nov 11 2007, 07:42 PM']Agreed. It [i]was[/i] the Ravens for fucks sake.[/quote]

rudi is sucking this year, and im sure its aprtially because we suck and he is halfa ssing it sometimes. but when two guys meet him in the backfield.. only LT or A peterson are avoiding that.,.. rudi has been solid good contributing back for many years, how fickle to throw him aside with no o line and himself injured half the season..

he got the starting job back instantly for a reason.

[quote name='WhoDeyUK' post='591469' date='Nov 11 2007, 09:04 PM']yup. because Dorsey can't block on 3rd down.[/quote]

neither can rudi, thats why watson does.... soooo that doesnt add up.

[quote name='ONYX' post='591471' date='Nov 11 2007, 09:07 PM']:lol:[/quote]

since that didnt make sense, how smart does that make you? :mellow:

Archived