Donnie henderson

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='597283' date='Nov 21 2007, 09:48 AM']besides the fact that I'm sure Marvin knows next year is his last chance to turn around the defense, all of the defensive coach's contracts are up after this year.[/quote]

Are you sure about that?

I am trying to find the article... but I could swear that I read somewhere that all of the defensive coaches had been extended when Marvin was extended.

I pray that this is not true... but if it is Marvin realizes that he IS on the hot seat the moment he decides to keep any of them.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='597298' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:44 AM']Are you sure about that?

I am trying to find the article... but I could swear that I read somewhere that all of the defensive coaches had been extended when Marvin was extended.

I pray that this is not true... but if it is Marvin realizes that he IS on the hot seat the moment he decides to keep any of them.[/quote]

we've been talking about it for weeks, where have you been? :)

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='597299' date='Nov 21 2007, 10:46 AM']we've been talking about it for weeks, where have you been? :)[/quote]

I've been here, but like I said... I haven't seen it in print that the coaches contracts ARE up. All I've heard is that they AREN'T... although everyone wants them to be up this past September...

[quote name='New Jersey Bengal' post='597258' date='Nov 21 2007, 08:57 AM'][b]Fantastic post as always Tex...I have some inside info on Donnie Henderson. He is a good coach but definitely does have some personal problems the main one being that he hits the bottle way too much. A very good friend of mine whom I grew up with was the assistant defesive line coach for the Jets during Henderson's time there. My buudy has coached since he was 17 at various levels. He also was a scout for various teams. One of the reasons my buddy left the Jets was because of Henderson. He could not deal with him saying that his drinking really was out of control. Anyway I would like to see Emmitt Thomas hired as our DC..[/b][/quote]

maybe this year of hanging around is his probation period with ML. With the flak this team gets for any digressions, there is no way ML could have a coach that would further jeopardize the organization. Just the head line we don't need "Bengals Def Coord arrested, suspended 8 games". If there is any hint of trouble then pass, there are too many other good candidates.

[quote name='USNBENGAL the Original' post='597300' date='Nov 21 2007, 09:50 AM']I've been here, but like I said... I haven't seen it in print that the coaches contracts ARE up. All I've heard is that they AREN'T... although everyone wants them to be up this past September...[/quote]

[quote][size=5][b]The scoop on suspensions, coordinators and trades[/b][/size]

By Chick Ludwig

Staff Writer

Sunday, October 14, 2007

Have a question about the Cincinnati Bengals? E-mail

cludwig@DaytonDailyNews.com. Please include first name and city.

[b]Q Patriots coach Bill Belichick gets fined, but not suspended, in the "Spygate" scandal, and his penalty is handed down the same week. Johnathan Joseph is suspended one game for something that happened in January. How can this be? To me, it's ludicrous. — Daniel, Dayton

A[/b] Commissioner Roger Goodell needed to act quickly on Belichick because the videotape spying case was so high-profile and the credibility of the league was at stake. Goodell took his time with Joseph, wanting to make sure the Bengals' cornerback had complied fully with all league and law-enforcement obligations related to his marijuana case. Once the matter was resolved, the commish acted. Joseph got a one-game suspension without pay, plus he was docked an additional game check totalling $42,344. Joseph is fortunate he didn't get hammered with a four-game suspension.

[b]Q I've heard that former Ravens and Jets assistant coach Donnie Henderson has been at practice. I don't want to make waves, but is Henderson going to take Chuck Bresnahan's job as defensive coordinator next year? — Troy, Hillsboro

A[/b] Henderson is a close friend of head coach Marvin Lewis, and he's looking for work. Henderson also paid a visit to Bengals' training camp at Georgetown College this year. Lewis' contract runs through 2010, but [size=3][b]his assistants' contracts are up at the end of this season. If the defense doesn't improve, the entire unit — players and coaches — will get blown up.[/b][/size]

[b]Q I'd love to see the Bengals be proactive and trade Rudi Johnson while he still has value. I'd settle for a second- or third-round draft pick. What's your take? — Brian, Cincinnati

A[/b] No GM in his right mind would trade for a 28-year-old tailback, with a sore hamstring, whose skills are diminishing, if only slightly. I love Rudi J, but there's no way I'd take on his contract. He's in the third year of a five-year deal that pays him $3.05 million this year, $3.2 million in '08 and $3.6 million in '09. Johnson is a candidate to be a salary-cap casualty prior to the 2008 season. Teams will wait until he gets terminated, then someone will sign him for a much lower price.[/quote]

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=37466&hl=Mailbag"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?show...&hl=Mailbag[/url]

[quote name='oldschooler' post='597321' date='Nov 21 2007, 11:37 AM'][url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=37466&hl=Mailbag"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?show...&hl=Mailbag[/url][/quote]

Thanks old... I missed that in Chicks article. I hope Chick is right, because I basically believe, at most, 10% of what I read.

Good... at least they can't use the excuse that the coaches are under contract already.

Of course... they aren't under contract as of NOW...

Archived