What are some good restaurants in the Cincy area?

Who Dey Forever

[quote name='GoBengals' post='608550' date='Dec 14 2007, 12:18 AM']Buca in rookwood, italian and decent atmosphere, prolly $40-50 for a couple.

Maggianos in kenwood, $40-50 per couple, italian

cheesecake factory same price, all kinds of food.[/quote]

damn, what do you order at Buca? $40 is probably high end unless you order a lot.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='608608' date='Dec 14 2007, 10:52 AM']damn, what do you order at Buca? $40 is probably high end unless you order a lot.[/quote]

I realize Buca has more than spaghetti, but I'm always wary of getting spaghetti when going out to eat because I can make it better at home.

Too bad Clifton is not in your geographic parameters. Pomodori's is the best. Their apple pizza ROCKS!

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='608619' date='Dec 14 2007, 11:43 AM']I realize [b]Buca[/b] has more than spaghetti, but I'm always wary of getting spaghetti when going out to eat because I can make it better at home.

Too bad Clifton is not in your geographic parameters. Pomodori's is the best. Their apple pizza ROCKS![/quote]

their manicotti is the shit. so is their garlic bread.

Skyline

:ninja:

or maybe a steakhouse like Ruth's Chris...those aren't too pricey and are really, really good

just be careful when you get the bill...apparently I have this thing where when I look at a bill, my eyes pop out and I do a little double-take...i didn't even realize it until the girlfriend was making fun of it...she thought I was doing it as a joke and had no idea it was unintentional...fortunately she doesn't care, but then she is one in a Graham's Number

ETA alas, I guess Ruth's Chris is only in the Bus...sorry

here's a list to get you started:

[url="http://www.discoverourtown.com/OH/Cincinnati/Dining-866.html"]http://www.discoverourtown.com/OH/Cincinnati/Dining-866.html[/url]

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='608619' date='Dec 14 2007, 02:13 PM']I realize Buca has more than spaghetti, but I'm always wary of getting spaghetti when going out to eat because I can make it better at home.

Too bad Clifton is not in your geographic parameters. Pomodori's is the best. Their apple pizza ROCKS![/quote]

There's a Pomodori in Montgomery also.

But in Fairfield, that seafood place by the theatre's supposed to be pretty good.....can't think of the name right now.

If you like Fried rice and meat!!!

Take her to SOHO's

Its a japanese bistro type restaurant where they cook the food in front of you!. Like bennehaunas(spelling) BUT WAYYY better and more classier.

Its our favorite restraunt.

Its off tylersville rd. exit. Coming from the south make a right onto to tylersville. Then the 2nd light at the top of a small hill make a left and then immediate right in the shopping complex. Then an immediate left and sohos is right there.

U can thank me later;)

PS. only about $20 a meal plus Alcohol.

[quote name='bgwilly31' post='608675' date='Dec 14 2007, 03:15 PM']If you like Fried rice and meat!!!

Take her to SOHO's

Its a japanese bistro type restaurant where they cook the food in front of you!. Like bennehaunas(spelling) BUT WAYYY better and more classier.

Its our favorite restraunt.

Its off tylersville rd. exit. Coming from the south make a right onto to tylersville. Then the 2nd light at the top of a small hill make a left and then immediate right in the shopping complex. Then an immediate left and sohos is right there.

U can thank me later;)

PS. only about $20 a meal plus Alcohol.[/quote]

The kid is like 16 or so, he's not going to be drinking alcohol. As for SOHO, I've eaten there but only the sushi and was not that impressed. Maybe I should try the fried rice and meat.

[quote name='IKOTA' post='608680' date='Dec 14 2007, 12:50 PM']The kid is like 16 or so, he's not going to be drinking alcohol. As for SOHO, I've eaten there but only the sushi and was not that impressed. Maybe I should try the fried rice and meat.[/quote]

Well imnot big on sushi.

But their filet is amazing.

Stay away from the chicken. Its just ehh.

Filet, scallops, shrimp. Is excellent!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' post='608694' date='Dec 14 2007, 12:11 PM']well, when your as big as Go, your bill is going to be more than average anywhere you go :lol:[/quote]

:o :lol:

didn't you sell the Melting Pot, Rumble? I guess he could still go there, it's a great experience and good but it costs a pretty penny

The White House Inn is a good resturaunt.. It's a little formal, but the food is excellent.

It's on Mulhauser off 747. It runs about $20 - $30 a plate + alcohol (excellent wine selection).

Here is their website which will give you an idea of the place.

[url="http://www.heartlandcooking.com/"]The White House Inn[/url]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='608934' date='Dec 14 2007, 10:37 PM']seems like no one answered your question. close to fairfield you want to go to Pompaduex....sorry for my spelling,but it's right near the Rt 4 and I 275 exit. It's in front of the movie theater B)[/quote]

Yeah, that is probably the nicest restaurant in Fairfield. Fairfield isn't really known for restaurants, though Tri-County is close and has a lot of good date restaurants.

Pappaduex is a chain, but its a pretty uncommon chain and the food is very very good, atmosphere is great, staff is friendly, and it's right next to the movies. They do quite well. I'd suggest the desert menu too, it's fairly unique.

In Tri-County there are lots of good restaurants, like Glendale Gaslight and Grand Finale, though I'd guess the traffic to be a bear, even in the snow.

PF Chang's in West Chester by Rave Theater. There is a Brio or Bravo there as well, same chain so it doesn't matter.

Those are about the nicest non-black tie places around here.

[quote name='Scoutforlife591' post='609053' date='Dec 15 2007, 11:58 AM']Yeah, that is probably the nicest restaurant in Fairfield. Fairfield isn't really known for restaurants, though Tri-County is close and has a lot of good date restaurants.

Pappaduex is a chain, but its a pretty uncommon chain and the food is very very good, atmosphere is great, staff is friendly, and it's right next to the movies. They do quite well. I'd suggest the desert menu too, it's fairly unique.

In Tri-County there are lots of good restaurants, like Glendale Gaslight and Grand Finale, though I'd guess the traffic to be a bear, even in the snow.

PF Chang's in West Chester by Rave Theater. There is a Brio or Bravo there as well, same chain so it doesn't matter.

Those are about the nicest non-black tie places around here.[/quote]

The White House Inn is FAR FAR nicer than Pappadeux and PF Changs. The opnly question is whether it's too expensive/formal.. Depending on what kind of food you like.. White House is pure Americana.

[quote name='Lucid' post='608978' date='Dec 15 2007, 07:23 AM']The White House Inn is a good resturaunt.. It's a little formal, but the food is excellent.

It's on Mulhauser off 747. It runs about $20 - $30 a plate + alcohol (excellent wine selection).

Here is their website which will give you an idea of the place.

[url="http://www.heartlandcooking.com/"]The White House Inn[/url][/quote]

i freakin love the white house inn.

Archived