Chad's last game in Bengal Stripes

12/27/07
Basically saying......

50/50 chance the Bengals and Chad will part ways. Mentioned how he is not speaking with Cincy press.

Chad is on(Sirius) every week, and he says to the question if he is leaving... "where am I going" as in ...I have a contract. Cant talk about it.

Also said...

Chad's 89 catches could be 100-110 with all the balls he dropped. Which would make his 800+ yards more like 11+ yards. (Cant lead the AFC every year I guess)

I was caught off gaurd when they spent 2 entire segments on senarios of how "This could be Chad's last game in stripes"
(mentioned, Miami, Oakland, Jets, Philly) I'm hearing the replay so I'm sure there is more teams to come

This shit could be real folks. I think I'll be a Chad Fan when/if/ifnot he goes to another team, but dont say I didnt tell ya!
WhoDey
Go Bengals

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='614577' date='Dec 27 2007, 11:32 PM']12/27/07
Basically saying......

50/50 chance the Bengals and Chad will part ways. Mentioned how he is not speaking with Cincy press.

Chad is on(Sirius) every week, and he says to the question if he is leaving... "where am I going" as in ...I have a contract. Cant talk about it.

Also said...

Chad's 89 catches could be 100-110 with all the balls he dropped. Which would make his 800+ yards more like 11+ yards. (Cant lead the AFC every year I guess)

I was caught off gaurd when they spent 2 entire segments on senarios of how "This could be Chad's last game in stripes"
(mentioned, Miami, Oakland, Jets) I'm hearing the replay so I'm sure there is more teams to come

This shit could be real folks. I think I'll be a Chad Fan when/if/ifnot he goes to another team, but dont say I didnt tell ya!
WhoDey
Go Bengals[/quote]

No offense, but this isn't substantive in any way, and believe me, I don't really like Chad Johnson.
But the reality is he's under contract, so that's a major obstacle right there, let alone Mike Brown realizing the ramifications financially of trading/releasing the USA's favorite Cincy player that brings attention to the team, positive or negative...
Chad jusy needs to grow up/change agents.
Either way we're golden, if it could happen (it won't).

[quote name='CJ4MVP85' post='614579' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:37 AM']If we really do trade Chad and don't get a defensive stud, I'll quit being a Bengals fan and go where Chad goes. Trading Chad would be so dumb.[/quote]
I Will always be a Chad fan. Great player for te Bengals. Maybe the best.

I'l always be a Bengals fan. I guess it is the team over the player

Basically saying......

Also said...

(mentioned, Miami, Oakland, Jets) I'm hearing the replay so I'm sure there is more teams to come

WhoDey
Go Bengals[/quote]

how much time do you think adam shien (sp?) and solomon and so and so spend on the bengals? ANY game film? any clue on chads cap numbers, dead money, etc?

it couldnt be much above NONE. they have 32 teams to worry about, even if they spent 10 hours a day, which you know they dont, especially with other shit to do with hosting a radio show, thats 18 minutes a day, per team, to gather info. the guys who talk are bright and know football, but i cant imagine any one of them knowing 1/20th the facts surrounding cahds potential departure like some even HERE do. aside from a stat sheet and what so and so may lead on or say off the air, they have a computer infront of them, with nfl.com on it.

if we cut chad or trade him next year, he would cost us $5.8-8.8 million dollars in DEAD money against the cap. there isnt a snowballs chance in hell he is going anywhere, we are already penalized part of next years cap from the IR salaries from this years Plague, not a chance we blow 10 mil of the salary cap on dudes not even on the team.

the front office here showed ocho flasho in el pano some respect and gave him 3 contracts in 5 seasons. and they will be expecting some respect in return.

chad is smart enough to know he is only causing less money in his own pocket, no pro bowl cash or exposure, no playoff hopes run or exposure, and i doubt godaddy is paying many bills. dunno about right guard or speed stick, whatever the hell. but lets hope he is smart enough to realize he isnt going anywhere, and of those teams listed, why would he want, Lemon, pennington or russell throwing to him instead of carson? he is again smart enough to know thats a bad plan.

so essentially there is zero chance cahd is going anywhere... after this next year, his is about HALF the cap hid if traded, we can talk about ocho cinco leaving in 2009... but 2008 would be utterly foolish on everyones behalf.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='614583' date='Dec 27 2007, 11:43 PM']I Will always be a Chad fan. Great player for te Bengals. Maybe the best.

I'l always be a Bengals fan. I guess it is the team over the player[/quote]
Man, I'm not slamming you, but those two sentences just don't jibe for me.

"Team Over The Player" and "Chad" mentioned together just don't ring true, because they are oxymoronic, at least since the Pittsburgh Playoff Meltdown (how do you make that little "trademark" symbol?)....until now.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='614584' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:46 AM']how much time do you think adam shien (sp?) and solomon and so and so spend on the bengals? ANY game film? any clue on chads cap numbers, dead money, etc?

it couldnt be much above NONE. they have 32 teams to worry about, even if they spent 10 hours a day, which you know they dont, especially with other shit to do with hosting a radio show, thats 18 minutes a day, per team, to gather info. the guys who talk are bright and know football, but i cant imagine any one of them knowing 1/20th the facts surrounding cahds potential departure like some even HERE do. aside from a stat sheet and what so and so may lead on or say off the air, they have a computer infront of them, with nfl.com on it.

if we cut chad or trade him next year, he would cost us $5.8-8.8 million dollars in DEAD money against the cap. there isnt a snowballs chance in hell he is going anywhere, we are already penalized part of next years cap from the IR salaries from this years Plague, not a chance we blow 10 mil of the salary cap on dudes not even on the team.

the front office here showed ocho flasho in el pano some respect and gave him 3 contracts in 5 seasons. and they will be expecting some respect in return.

chad is smart enough to know he is only causing less money in his own pocket, no pro bowl cash or exposure, no playoff hopes run or exposure, and i doubt godaddy is paying many bills. dunno about right guard or speed stick, whatever the hell. but lets hope he is smart enough to realize he isnt going anywhere, and of those teams listed, why would he want, Lemon, pennington or russell throwing to him instead of carson? he is again smart enough to know thats a bad plan.

so essentially there is zero chance cahd is going anywhere... after this next year, his is about HALF the cap hid if traded, we can talk about ocho cinco leaving in 2009... but 2008 would be utterly foolish on everyones behalf.[/quote]
Be in denile if you want.
Not to be a dick , but NFL sirius radio is live 10 hours a day, most days, holidays, Its there job and I bank on them knowing more than I or you

I'm just listening to guys who made a career with the NFL.

Sorry there was'nt something more interesting than NFL radio spending the first half hour on how the Bengals best reciever ever could be playing his last game in a Bengals uniform.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='614592' date='Dec 27 2007, 11:58 PM']Be in denile if you want.
Not to be a dick , but NFL sirius radio is live 10 hours a day, most days, holidays, Its there job and I bank on them knowing more than I or you

I'm just listening to guys who made a career with the NFL.

Sorry there was'nt something more interesting than NFL radio spending the first half hour on how the Bengals best reciever ever could be playing his last game in a Bengals uniform.[/quote]

so you think its logicaly the bengals take a 6-9 mil cap hit, complete dead money in the toilet, to get rid of chad?

that makes common sense to you?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='614586' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:49 AM']Man, I'm not slamming you, but those two sentences just don't jibe for me.

"Team Over The Player" and "Chad" mentioned together just don't ring true, because they are oxymoronic, at least since the pissburgh Playoff Meltdown (how do you make that little "trademark" symbol?)....until now.[/quote]
if you read what I was replying to .... he said he wouldn't be a bengals fan any more. I said I would be a Chad fan , but always a Bengals fan...basically

[quote name='GoBengals' post='614584' date='Dec 27 2007, 11:46 PM'][b]the front office here showed ocho flasho in el pano [/b]some respect and gave him 3 contracts in 5 seasons. and they will be expecting some respect in return.[/quote]

That's fucking hilarious in spite of Creech being in the other room banging your wife....

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='GoBengals' post='614593' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:59 AM']so you think its logicaly the bengals take a 6-9 mil cap hit, complete dead money in the toilet, to get rid of chad?

that makes common sense to you?[/quote]
no it doesn't make sense to me.

Tell me why you think they are talking about it.
Many contracts are never finished, mostly 5yr deals, where a player plays 3 of the 5. called a 5 year contract to play 3.

Dont they trade and deal for that shit

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='614599' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:05 AM']no it doesn't make sense to me.

Many contracts are never finished, mostly 5yr deals, where a player plays 3 of the 5. called a 5 year contract to play 3.

Dont they trade and deal for that shit[/quote]
Sure that shit happens, but the remaining terms of the contract are SOMEBODY'S responsibility and defenitely influence the compensation.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='614599' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:05 AM']no it doesn't make sense to me.

We're not paying Chad for playing elsewhere, bottom line.

nothing short of chad retiring and sitting out a year can be done to change the cap hit, chad has 5 years left on his current contract, he is signed through the 2012 season. why are they talking about it? because they are bored? what else is there to talk about for 10 hours? the last 3 shows talked about the patriots, and aside from 10 minutes about if this team wins this or that, theres a bit of dead air to fill, the guy cant go anywhere, he isnt going to go anywhere for less money, and no one worth going to is going to pay him more money, not to mention it would be cheaper to let him cry on the bench for 2 years than to trade or cut him this year.

so i guess i have to turn your own question back to you.

why would they be talking about it?

perhaps ocho cinco likes to hear himself talked about, and considering the only other topics about him to discuss are "why he shit season ocho?" "why are you so inconsistant 85?" "why do you slide like a qb instead of trying for yards chad?" "whats up with not making the pro bowl mr johnson?" and the fact that chad takes every microsecond to draw attention to himself, "where am i gonna go?" instead of "no" because guess what? there isnt much else to talk about, mediocre season by a guy who claims to be top 3-5 in the league.

if he is on every week, they gotta talk about something, and frankly chad isnt much to talk about this year.

why dont you call in and ask them, "hey afternoon blitz gang, how could the bengals possibly get rid of his 9 mil cap hit for 2007 and realistically have a chance at even filling the roster?

see what they say. my guess it something beating around the bush like "well you gotta wonder, a super talent like cahd, things not getting done, somethings gotta happen!"

former players and coaches arent super smart football gods on knowledge, i sold cell phones for 4 years, couldnt possible tell you how they function or how to build a tower with proper capacities and direction.

these dudes are paid to jibber jabber about football, not to drop super accurate knowledge on the masses. its for entertainment.

im not trying to attack you in any way, im just sayin its impossible, reguardles of what [s]"The View" [/s] "The afternoon blitz" is talking about any certain day.

[quote name='GoBengals' post='614584' date='Dec 27 2007, 11:46 PM']how much time do you think adam shien (sp?) and solomon and so and so spend on the bengals? ANY game film? any clue on chads cap numbers, dead money, etc?

so essentially there is zero chance cahd is going anywhere... after this next year, his is about HALF the cap hid if traded, we can talk about ocho cinco leaving in 2009... but 2008 would be utterly foolish on everyones behalf.[/quote]

that is the final word imo

[quote name='TrustNMarvin' post='614603' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:24 AM']that is [b]the final word[/b] imo[/quote]

im not trying to piss on parades here, and im all for unloading the headcase for all we can get for him at some point, but it seemingly impossible for 2008,

i cant imagine chad and TJ both making the 2009 roster, someones getting traded sometime.. i have a feeling it will be TJ tho. smaller contract, shorter contract, and frankly his body wont take the abuse he gets forever..

[i]PS: the pun here had to be pointed out to me, i missed it completely..[/i]

[quote name='T-Dub' post='614609' date='Dec 28 2007, 01:29 AM']wow, a 50/50 chance? that's a pretty fancy way of saying "i have no fucking clue"..

their purpose is to attract listeners, not make accurate projections.[/quote]
exactly! I don't think Chad would go anywhere unless they got a Hershel Walker type trade, which I doubt will ever happen again. According to the cap projections on this site, Chad's definitely not going anywhere. Chad is still pouting publicly about his season. I think he is an attention hound till the end and loves this. I like having Chad so don't get me wrong with this post.

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='614577' date='Dec 27 2007, 11:32 PM']This shit could be real folks. I think I'll be a Chad Fan when/if/ifnot he goes to another team, [b]but dont say I didnt tell ya!
WhoDey [/b]Go Bengals[/quote]

we can all spout off nonsense now and come back with an "I told you so" later. So what?

[quote name='WhoDeyThink' post='614599' date='Dec 28 2007, 12:05 AM']Tell me why you think they are talking about it.[/quote]

First time ever listening to talk radio?

Congrats, hope it was a good experience.

Maybe one day you will understand what talk radio is about. Maybe one day.

Basically saying......

Also said...

(mentioned, Miami, Oakland, Jets, Philly) I'm hearing the replay so I'm sure there is more teams to come

WhoDey
Go Bengals[/quote]
The part of this post that bothers me the most is that chad johnson as of this second, he has 89 catches for 1309 yards which is 3rd in yardage in the AFC. Why do you think he has 800 yards receiving this year?

and he wont be going anywhere, too big of a cap hit. And saying the guys on the NFL channel on Sirius are experts is amazing because if they had any true talent or brains they wouldnt be on the nfl channel on sirius, its a step above local radio host status.

Archived