Terminator: the Sarah Connor Chronicles

CincyInDC

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='625502' date='Jan 21 2008, 10:46 PM']I've been watching this (it's pretty painless thanks to DVR), and I'm surprised at how good it is. It's funny how Summer Glau (the slight-of-frame terminator) is getting typecast as a badass (see Firefly/Serenity).[/quote]

I thought the show was going to be really corny, but I must say that I actually enjoy it. I have to say tho, that the acting is not as good as the movie and the terminators aren't scary. Also, the fight scenes always turn into shaking camera angles....that disappoints me a little.

[quote name='CincyInDC' post='625502' date='Jan 21 2008, 10:46 PM']I've been watching this (it's pretty painless thanks to DVR), and I'm surprised at how good it is. It's funny how Summer Glau (the slight-of-frame terminator) is getting typecast as a badass (see Firefly/Serenity).[/quote]

I have enjoyed it as well. Am I odd for thinking Summer Glau is hot?

Anybody else notice that the chick that plays Sarah Connor is Leonidas's wife (Lena Heady) from 300.

[img]http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2007/04/04/2_300_070403024958204_wideweb__300x375.jpg[/img] [img]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/dayart/20070518/226sarahconnor.jpg[/img]

It's ok, but I just need a sci-fi fix. The 4400 is cancelled and Battlestar Galactica is still a couple months away. Oh and whoever thinks the acting in the movie is better, I hope you don't mean the third one. I've seen elementary students act better than that.

[quote name='steggyD' post='625523' date='Jan 21 2008, 11:20 PM']It's ok, but I just need a sci-fi fix. The 4400 is cancelled and Battlestar Galactica is still a couple months away. Oh and whoever thinks the acting in the movie is better, I hope you don't mean the third one. I've seen elementary students act better than that.[/quote]

LOL, honestly the Third Terminator was a disappointment to me. But I love the freaking first two...talk about awesome.

[quote name='Lucid' post='626794' date='Jan 25 2008, 12:36 PM']It seems to contradict the plot of the movies.. Although I haven't watched it.[/quote]

it hasn't really IMO, other than the mom not dying of cancer, but that can certainly still take place the time it happened will just be a little different because of them jumping 8 years into the future. So she'd die in 2013 instead of 2005.

[quote name='CatScratchFever' post='626976' date='Jan 25 2008, 06:58 PM']Not trying to be a dick, but if you haven't watched it, how would you know?[/quote]

Because I have seen trailers of the show, and all 3 movies..

Thus the usage of the word "seems"... As opposed to making a concrete assessment.

Right?

[quote name='Lucid' post='627088' date='Jan 26 2008, 07:43 AM']Because I have seen trailers of the show, and all 3 movies..

Thus the usage of the word "seems"... As opposed to making a concrete assessment.

Right?[/quote]

It does a better job at continuity than most sci fi sagas.

If there weren't continuity wrinkles what would people like this do with their lives?

[img]http://www.westportlibrary.org/teenblog/images/comic-book-guy-13018.jpg[/img]

• 7 months later...
[quote name='Jason' post='698612' date='Sep 9 2008, 08:27 AM']So, did anyone else watch the season premier last night? I thought it was ok. Nothing spectacular, but at least it's not a rerun and it's a show I like.

I did like the new villan though. Nothing like an attractive evil red head![/quote]

I must have totally forgotten what happened in the season finale, because the beginning of lastnights episode had me confused. Wasn't cameron in an explosion in the finale? And I know she was up to some stuff, but I must have missed when she officially went bad.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='698873' date='Sep 9 2008, 07:45 PM']I must have totally forgotten what happened in the season finale, because the beginning of lastnights episode had me confused. Wasn't cameron in an explosion in the finale? And I know she was up to some stuff, but I must have missed when she officially went bad.[/quote]

Yes she was in an explosion. She apparently went bad when some debris became lodged in the back of her head, damaging her chip.

Archived