Jevon Kearse anyone?

I see that ALL of you guys are against it, but I think he could be an asset for the right price. He was coming off a serious knee injury last year, and most players are better the second year back. Plus, he did have almost double the sacks of our franchise player last year in a limited role. I think if we could get a heavily incentive laden contract, it would not be a bad idea.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='636389' date='Feb 28 2008, 12:48 PM']was his benching play or attitude related. I seem to remember it being the latter.[/quote]
It was. The Eagles coaching staff took the [i]attitude[/i] that Kearse officially sucked and wasn't worth the liability that he brought to the defense. :P

[quote]In June 2007, Kearse appeared to weigh around 230 lbs, almost 30 pounds lighter than his normal playing weight. Kearse attributes the weight loss from extensive cardio-vascular exercise as part of his rehab. This brought concern from defensive coordinator Jim Johnson and according to sports reporter Gary Cobb, teammates have claimed that Kearse is "partying like a rock star" in Florida and "is living like he's not playing football anymore”. By the time the season started, however, Kearse was said to have bulked up back to his normal playing weight (which is still considered quite light by NFL standards).

However, Kearse did not appear to have regained his burst on the line and, in light of substandard production, he lost his starting job to longtime teammate Juqua Thomas in Week 11 of the 2007 NFL season. Due to this lack of production, along with the expensive contract Kearse carries, many predict that he will be cut by the start of the 2008 season.[3] He was released by the team on February 28, 2008.[/quote]

wouldn't hurt to bring him in for a tryout. Honestly, if healthy, I'd rather take a chance on him than take a chance on Derrick Harvey being a first round bust.

[quote name='turningpoint' post='636417' date='Feb 28 2008, 03:15 PM']x7[/quote]

Somebody find me some game tape of Eric NOT being pushed back into Carson. His ineptitude at Center was a big reason our running game and Carson struggled. If he is our starting center next season, expect more of the same problems on offense.

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='636423' date='Feb 28 2008, 03:22 PM']Somebody find me some game tape of Eric NOT being pushed back into Carson. His ineptitude at Center was a big reason our running game and Carson struggled. If he is our starting center next season, expect more of the same problems on offense.[/quote]

Brilliant!!!

I'm gonna make buttons....

Kearse for Center!!!

:ninja:

[quote name='LudwigVan Kubrick' post='636423' date='Feb 28 2008, 03:22 PM']Somebody find me some game tape of Eric NOT being pushed back into Carson. His ineptitude at Center was a big reason our running game and Carson struggled. If he is our starting center next season, expect more of the same problems on offense.[/quote]

and that has what to do with Jevon Kearse? :loser:

[quote name='Lucid' post='636425' date='Feb 28 2008, 03:24 PM']Brilliant!!!

I'm gonna make buttons....

Kearse for Center!!!

:ninja:[/quote]

Haha looks like I quoted the wrong "X2" or "X7" or whatever.

Although I would submit that if someone else called out the assignments, even Kearse would probably be more effective at center than "Guy-Check."

[quote name='Bunghole' post='636433' date='Feb 28 2008, 03:33 PM']So what is the "almost double" of two? Three?
:lol:
Sorry, just sounded funny to me.[/quote]

It was 3 1/2 sacks which I think would have led the team, or tied for the lead. That really is a damn shame.

:P :P

Archived