Marvin Harrison involved in shooting

[quote name='Jeb' post='662420' date='May 2 2008, 03:40 PM']All jokes aside, ...this is a serious offense. He'll do jail time if he's found guilty of this crime.[/quote]

He will go to prison. Attempted murder. Prison is 365 days or more. Jail is 364 days or less.

This is bad. He is a thug. What do you want me to say. I am not sure they have had the trouble we have had with players that are key to the franchise. I saw the lists and still am not sure. It still does not make it a good idea to invest in players who have rap sheets. Please don't skew what I have said. I have parsed it out plenty. We need consistency and its difficult to count on players with questionable character.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='662427' date='May 2 2008, 04:56 PM']He will go to prison. Attempted murder.

This is bad. He is a thug. What do you want me to say. I am not sure they have had the trouble we have had with players that are key to the franchise. I saw the lists and still am not sure. It still does not make it a good idea to invest in players who have rap sheets.[/quote]

Rap sheets?

:rolleyes:

Keep trying to find a way to bend the data to your liking.. I'm sure you will find a way..

[quote]Harrison allegedly involved in gunfight

ESPN and WIP radio host Anthony Gargano are reporting that detectives are investigating a shooting potentially involving Marvin Harrison. They are investigating whether Harrison was the shooter.

Harrison owns a tavern called "Playmakers" in Philadelphia. Gargano claims Harrison and a bar patron got into an altercation there. As the fight ensued, gunfire was exchanged outside with the victim reportedly shot in the hand. Harrison, who owns 25 guns, reportedly acknowledged owning the type of gun that was used in the shooting. Harrison has met with detectives multiple times, and after initially denying the gun was in the area, now admits it's his gun, but says he wasn't the shooter. Gargano is the sole source here, but this sure looks ugly. No witnesses have come forward saying Harrison was the shooter, although Gargano claims they are coming. Harrison would still be at risk of arrest even if he wasn't the shooter. No charges have been filed. May. 2 - 4:02 pm et[/quote]
[url="http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines.aspx?sport=NFL&hl=115917"]http://www.rotoworld.com/content/HeadLines...L&hl=115917[/url]

[quote](KFFL) Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian issued a statement in regards to the incident involving WR Marvin Harrison. "We have no credible information at this time, and we will not comment until we do."[/quote]
[url="http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2004/view_news_article?L=10117&ID=200805021703"]http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2004/v...ID=200805021703[/url]

[quote name='globetrotter' post='662427' date='May 2 2008, 03:56 PM']He will go to prison. Attempted murder. Prison is 365 days or more. Jail is 364 days or less.

This is bad. He is a thug. What do you want me to say. I am not sure they have had the trouble we have had with players that are key to the franchise. I saw the lists and still am not sure. It still does not make it a good idea to invest in players who have rap sheets. Please don't skew what I have said. I have parsed it out plenty. We need consistency and its difficult to count on players with questionable character.[/quote]
Dude, we have no way of knowing what happened. When I heard about this on the radio, harrison's involvment was described as retaliatory, as in, he fired his weapon because he was shot at [i]first[/i].
Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but Harrison has always been considered a high character guy and this sure seems out of character for him to just start shooting at someone with no reason.
Did you read the part where he hasn't been arrested? That usually means that there is uncertainty as to the chain of events.
Labelling Harrison a thug at this point is pretty premature, don't you think?

[quote name='Bunghole' post='662435' date='May 2 2008, 04:16 PM']Dude, we have no way of knowing what happened. When I heard about this on the radio, harrison's involvment was described as retaliatory, as in, he fired his weapon because he was shot at [i]first[/i].
Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but Harrison has always been considered a high character guy and this sure seems out of character for him to just start shooting at someone with no reason.
Did you read the part where he hasn't been arrested? That usually means that there is uncertainty as to the chain of events.
[color="#FF0000"]Labelling Harrison a thug at this point is pretty premature, don't you think?[/color][/quote]

No bung, if your accused your guilty apparently. -_-

[quote name='globetrotter' post='662427' date='May 2 2008, 04:56 PM']He will go to prison. Attempted murder. Prison is 365 days or more. Jail is 364 days or less.

This is bad. He is a thug. What do you want me to say. I am not sure they have had the trouble we have had with players that are key to the franchise. I saw the lists and still am not sure. It still does not make it a good idea to invest in players who have rap sheets. Please don't skew what I have said. I have parsed it out plenty. We need consistency and its difficult to count on players with questionable character.[/quote]
IF GUILTY... he would be a criminal... not a thug, a criminal.

Marvin Harrison has a squeaky clean reputation, but if I am reading your statement correctly, you think that he is now a thug, even before being found guilty.

Why?

Why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt for his over 10 years of good behavior?

Is it because he is black?

It'll likely wind up being charged as assault with a deadly weapon and Harrison's worst problem is the girl getting hurt. Judges are real sensitive to children getting hurt in the crossfire. He'll throw the book at him if he's found guilty of a crime.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='662439' date='May 2 2008, 04:20 PM']IF GUILTY... he would be a criminal... not a thug, a criminal.

Marvin Harrison has a squeaky clean reputation, but if I am reading your statement correctly, you think that he is now a thug, even before being found guilty.

Why?

Why doesn't he get the benefit of the doubt for his over 10 years of good behavior?

Is it because he is black?[/quote]

Thats a racist statement by you.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='662435' date='May 2 2008, 04:16 PM']Dude, we have no way of knowing what happened. When I heard about this on the radio, harrison's involvment was described as retaliatory, as in, he fired his weapon because he was shot at [i]first[/i].
Labelling Harrison a thug at this point is pretty premature, don't you think?[/quote]

Your right. I was attempting to say that if he is guilty I would equate his behavior to the players on our teams behavior and he is a thug. If he is not guilty than he is not a thug. Thats correct. I believe several posts earlier questioned if I thought it was as bad as our players. I was intending to indicate that I clearly do, if he is found guilty.

[quote name='globetrotter' post='662452' date='May 2 2008, 05:36 PM']Thats a racist statement by you.[/quote]
To the contrary... I DO give him the benefit of the doubt, but you don't.
I'll clarify for posterities sake, although I'm sure you're being facetious;

Is it because he's black that YOU are not giving him the benfit of the doubt, and are already referring to him as a thug?

[quote name='Jeb' post='662442' date='May 2 2008, 04:26 PM']It'll likely wind up being charged as assault with a deadly weapon and Harrison's worst problem is the girl getting hurt. Judges are real sensitive to children getting hurt in the crossfire. He'll throw the book at him if he's found guilty of a crime.[/quote]

Didnt the guy get hit with a bullet? Thats his worst problem. The collateral damage will hurt in the sentencing but if he fired and it hit his mark, thats the worst part.

[quote name='Bunghole' post='662435' date='May 2 2008, 05:16 PM']Dude, we have no way of knowing what happened. When I heard about this on the radio, harrison's involvment was described as retaliatory, as in, he fired his weapon because he was shot at [i]first[/i].
Labelling Harrison a thug at this point is pretty premature, don't you think?[/quote]

[url="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2025485"]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2025485[/url]

To be fair.. Neither has Harrison... Although at this point it seems to be a matter of time... Whereas with Brooks, it's far more dubious.

Harrison apparantly has a full blown criminal investigation going against him for a felony... Brooks has an accuser.

[quote name='USN Bengal' post='662457' date='May 2 2008, 04:41 PM']To the contrary... I DO give him the benefit of the doubt, but you don't.
I'll clarify for posterities sake, although I'm sure you're being facetious;

Is it because he's black that YOU are not giving him the benfit of the doubt, and are already referring to him as a thug?[/quote]

Where have I ever indicated that I give people shooting at people the benefit of the doubt dependent upon their race? Where is the post that says, well if Morten Anderson fired a gun in a mall he is not a thug but if Bryant Gumbel does it, he is a thug. Thats a racist statement by you to infer that is what I was thinking. You brought race in.

[quote name='Lucid' post='662462' date='May 2 2008, 04:43 PM']To be fair.. Neither has Harrison... Although at this point it seems to be a matter of time... Whereas with Brooks, it's far more dubious.

Harrison apparantly has a full blown criminal investigation going against him for a felony... Brooks has an accuser.[/quote]

I have already indicated I think the Brooks situation seems fishy, but I have learned to never underestimate our Bengals.

Archived