Tony Snow Dies

BlackJesus

NOt everyone who believes differently than you goes to hell BJ (as if I even believe in such a place, I'll keep your reference in the intent it was offered)..

It's a basic premis of democracy that sometimes I wonder if you get. It's a system of compromise and coexistance.. Understanding that the need to work together to solve problems and maintain respect for others is more important than "having it your way".

I didn't agree with Snow's politics, or the people he supported, but I fail to see what makes him so evil as to deserve a place in eternal damnation. Good people with good intentions are also often misguided as well.. It's part of this whole "being human" thing.

If we already knew everything and always acted appropriately, what would be the point?

[quote name='Lucid' post='678421' date='Jul 12 2008, 09:46 AM']NOt everyone who believes differently than you goes to hell BJ[/quote]

[b]Who said anything about hell ?

Guess what other place also starts with an [size=3]"H"[/size] .... :hmm:

H_a_e_ ???

You filled in "Hell" for yourself. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='678423' date='Jul 12 2008, 09:55 AM'][b]Who said anything about hell ?

H_a_e_ ???

You filled in "Hell" for yourself. [/b][/quote]

If you want to be coy, fine...

But you and I know better.

Is this the kind of "honest exchange" you were referring to earlier?

[quote]If you don't have anything nice to say ... then don't say anything at all.
Yeah I'm looking at you BJ!"[/quote]

[quote name='Jason' post='678428' date='Jul 12 2008, 10:28 AM']Tony was from the Cincy tri-state area, and was a Bengals fan.[/quote]

[b]Hey then I do have something nice to say. ^_^

Who Dey Tony, hope you're in a better place and can still see the Bengals play. [/b]

[quote name='Lucid' post='678426' date='Jul 12 2008, 10:15 AM']But you and I know better.[/quote]

[b]When you saw R.I.H. why didn't you think "Heaven" ?

I intentionally put it that way so each side could make their own judgment. [/b]

[quote name='Lucid' post='678426' date='Jul 12 2008, 10:15 AM']Is this the kind of "honest exchange" you were referring to earlier?[/quote]

[b]Sure, but I still reserve the right to be tongue-in-cheek.

And I also am being honest that I intentionally wrote it that way on purpose, to fit both sides of the heaven/hell coin. And then said I won't say anything mean.

There's a mountain of bad things I could say, but I am biting my tongue since the man just died. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='678423' date='Jul 12 2008, 09:55 AM'][b]Who said anything about hell ?

H_a_e_ ???

You filled in "Hell" for yourself. [/b][/quote]

Honestly, after this BJ I truly believe you are one of the lowest pieces of scum on this earth..

If you are our "educated" future then god help us all!

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='678452' date='Jul 12 2008, 11:32 AM'][b]When you saw R.I.H. why didn't you think "Heaven" ?

I intentionally put it that way so each side could make their own judgment. [/b]

And I also am being honest that I intentionally wrote it that way on purpose, to fit both sides of the heaven/hell coin. And then said I won't say anything mean.

There's a mountain of bad things I could say, but I am biting my tongue since the man just died. [/b][/quote]

Obviously I was referring to YOUR assessment of his situation in the after life as it were... I don't believe in Heaven or Hell, accept in the fleeting moments of time here on earth.

IMO we are all on an individually unique journey to the same destination. Judging the route one takes is far beyond my ability.

My apologies if it's not what you intended, but suggestive ommission can be just as dishonest as out right falsehood, except when it's turned around to appear as if the idea sprouted from the beholders own mind.

Then it's worse.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='678452' date='Jul 12 2008, 11:32 AM'][b]When you saw R.I.H. why didn't you think "Heaven" ?

There's a mountain of bad things I could say, but I am biting my tongue since the man just died. [/b][/quote]

If you meant Heaven then what is the reasoning behind your second post in this thread?

How stupid do you really think people are?

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='678487' date='Jul 12 2008, 01:16 PM']If you meant Heaven then what is the reasoning behind your second post in this thread?

How stupid do you really think people are?[/quote]

[b]Somebody is slow so let me repeat.

The R.I.H. was intentionally left vague so that both sides could interpret how they saw fit as in heaven/hell.

The 2nd post was a sardonic attempt to display the fact that I was obviously not a fan and the expected behavior that some would be awaiting from me was to bash him (which I didn't want to do). [/b]

[quote name='Tigers Johnson' post='678456' date='Jul 12 2008, 11:39 AM']Honestly, after this BJ I truly believe you are one of the lowest pieces of scum on this earth..[/quote]

[b]Wow ... how astute of you.

Out of all the millions of murderers, rapists, torturers, pedophiles, armed robbers, dictators, tyrants, and "terrorists" ...

I somehow eclipsed them all by leaving a vague innuendo on whether the former spokesperson for the most corrupt administration in U.S. history with several hundred thousands of dead iraqis blood on their hands --- may not get a one way ticket to the pearly gates. :yawn:

Yep ... welcome to Bush's America ... where sansationalist irrelevant bullshit gets to create fake moral outrage in armchair shitkicking retards, who really could give 1 fuck about 99.9 % of humanity - but like to feel that they are it's moral compass. :rolleyes:

blow me.[/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='678495' date='Jul 12 2008, 01:10 PM'][b]Wow ... how astute of you.

[u]Out of all the millions of murderers, rapists, torturers, pedophiles, armed robbers, dictators, tyrants, and "terrorists" ...

I somehow eclipsed them all by leaving a vague innuendo on whether the former spokesperson for the most corrupt administration in U.S. history with several hundred thousands of dead iraqis blood on their hands --- may not get a one way ticket to the pearly gates. :yawn:[/u]

Yep ... welcome to Bush's America ... where sansationalist irrelevant bullshit gets to create fake moral outrage in armchair shitkicking retards, who really could give 1 fuck about 99.9 % of humanity - but like to feel that they are it's moral compass. :rolleyes:

blow me.[/b][/quote]

Aye.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='678495' date='Jul 12 2008, 02:10 PM'][b]Wow ... how astute of you.

Out of all the millions of murderers, rapists, torturers, pedophiles, armed robbers, dictators, tyrants, and "terrorists" ...

I somehow eclipsed them all by leaving a vague innuendo on whether the former spokesperson for the most corrupt administration in U.S. history with several hundred thousands of dead iraqis blood on their hands --- may not get a one way ticket to the pearly gates. :yawn:

blow me.[/b][/quote]

Where did I compare you to any of them?

I am talking about this specific situation...not my feelings on all other people.

Way to deflect attention from another idiotic thread showing your insanity.

rest in peace tony.

What the fuck happened to our country where we can't even express condolences for a fallen public figure without it turning it to some commentary on American hegemony or the decline of its constituents.

I remember why I rarely come into this section of the board--it embarrasses me and makes me lose respect for those whom I otherwise find to be stand-up individuals.

[quote name='Actium' post='678536' date='Jul 12 2008, 06:15 PM']rest in peace tony.

What the fuck happened to our country where we can't even express condolences for a fallen public figure without it turning it to some commentary on American hegemony or the decline of its constituents.

I remember why I rarely come into this section of the board--it embarrasses me and makes me lose respect for those whom I otherwise find to be stand-up individuals.[/quote]

x2
Well said.

[quote][size=5][b]A Man Who Loved People, the Gritty Nature of Life and All of the Human Comedy[/b][/size]

By Juan Williams
NPR Senior Correspondent/FOX News Political Contributor

Tony Snow and I traveled parallel paths through Washington. We are a year apart in age –Tony is a year younger at 53 –and both loved politics and debate.

Our love of debate may have been due to the fact that we both studied philosophy in college (Tony went to Davidson, I went to Haverford). And before joining FOX News we both spent time as editorial writers. Tony wrote editorials at the Greensboro Record in N.C., and the Virginia Pilot in Norfolk before becoming the editorial page editor of the Newport News Daily Press and then writing editorials for The Detroit News. We got together when he came to Washington to be the editorial page editor of The Washington Times. I was working as a White House correspondent, editorial writer and columnist for The Washington Post.

But being philosophy majors in the news business and caught in Washington’s political storms didn’t guarantee that we’d be friends. After all, [b]he was a true red conservative, a white guy born in Kentucky and raised in Cincinnati [/b]while I am moderate to liberal black guy from Brooklyn, N.Y.

It turned out none of that mattered because Tony and I loved to argue.

Tony was the first host of “FOX News Sunday” and I remember being one of his first guest panelists. We had done some local political discussion shows and even sat across from each other on CNN’s Crossfire. When “FOX News Sunday” got going he called me up and literally said he wanted a good argument. So off we went to an old stone house in a garden in the Georgetown section of Washington. It was an odd site for the first studio of “FOX News Sunday” but it fit Tony’s sense of politics as a good discussion among friends at the dinner table.

And the debates, the conversations, the needling that started even before FOX News did not stop until Tony died early today.

Once at an Orioles baseball game a man came over and stared at us as if he was hallucinating. Then he said our names out loud. When we nodded to confirm that yes, it was really the two of us he broke into a big smile. He said he thought it was us but he had told his friends that it couldn’t be because we argued too much on FOX News to spend time hanging out at a baseball game. Then he shook our hands and asked for pictures.

What the viewer couldn’t see by watching Tony on FOX News or in the White House press room is that Tony Snow, the human being, was bigger than the political arguments and debate that define Washington. He knew tough times and real grief. His mom was nurse who died of colon cancer when [b]he was 17. His father was a social studies teacher and Tony followed that path when he traveled to the backwoods of Kenya after college to teach science and geography. He went home to Cincinnati to teach math and art and also to work with disabled kids.[/b]

That love of all kinds of people and life and arguments also included a love of music. He was no great shakes as a musician but Tony had no fear in getting on stage to play the flute (his best instrument, I think} the guitar or the sax. In fact he did play with Jethro Tull, which gave him one hell of a thrill.

It tells you something about Tony that his wife was not a fellow journalist or political player. Jill is a lovely, unpretentious and strong woman he met while working in Detroit. He loved his kids, obviously, but even when his Virginia house caught on fire he had funny stories to tell about reassuring the family about the wild, scary world behind the walls, — bad electrical wiring — and rebuilding and then deciding to find a house in rural Maryland so he could have more family time.

So, behind the sharp debate, Tony was a man who loved people, the gritty nature of life and all of the human comedy.

Oh, and I should mention we both loved basketball. [b]Tony could dunk a ball from a running start[/b] while I could just grab the rim. He would rib me about being a black guy who couldn’t dunk although he was five inches taller. He also poked fun at my favorite but woeful pro-basketball team, the Washington Wizards and [b]I would give it to him about his rag-tag home town football team, the Cincinnati Bengals.[/b]

One day when he became White House press secretary he had me over to lunch in his office. Half way through lunch I said to him that it was cool to have a job that gave him free lunches. What free lunch, he asked. He said he’d paid for it. After the laughter I told him he couldn’t buy lunch for me, a working journalist. He said he was buying lunch for a friend. I told him it was just like Tony to be looking out for a friend, even in a town where friendships tend to be matter of political convenience.

It was just that attitude that allowed Tony to change the role of press secretary in the Bush White House. He argued the president’s case with the press. He was not defensive about it. To the contrary he told me time and again that he was having a great time as Bush’s press secretary. Tony got the job at a time when the Iraq war was going badly, when the President’s party had lost control of both the House and the Senate, and the public approval ratings for the Bush White House were at an all-time low. Tony made the briefing his stage for taking President Bush’s case to the press and the American people. And you should remember that before he took the job Tony was critical of President Bush, describing him as “something of an embarrassment” among conservatives. Nonetheless, Tony was up to defend the President and make the case with his TV skills and his warm, persuasive and witty ways.

It went so well for Tony at The White House that he once called me up from the road to tell me he was getting “rock star” treatment from conservative audiences. He ended up on the front page of The New York Times because Republican candidates, aware of his popularity, had him appear at fundraising events for their campaigns. No press secretary had ever done that before — largely because no press secretary had that kind of following before Tony got the job.

We became friends when Tony came to Washington to work for The Washington Times and I was at The Washington Post. We met in a small studio at Howard University discussing local Washington politics with national politics as filler. The show had a heavy dose of black issues because most people who live in the city are black. What initially fascinated me about Tony was his total lack of fear in getting down and dirty on black politics. He never had a problem being the one conservative on a panel of pundits. To the contrary he loved the intellectual fight and usually was on the offensive even as a white guy talking about local corruption and political shenanigans among black Washingtonians. By contrast, most white journalists did not even accept invitations to come on the show.

It was that love of engaging the debate without fear that set Tony apart for me. He loved to argue and we became friends because we loved to argue with each other. He could argue without pretense or holding a grudge. To show just how human he could be despite his high rank as White House Press Secretary he loved to take time with kids. He had met my youngest son a few times at FOX’s Washington bureau and at a ball game.

One day while riding in the car the news came on and from the White House came the voice of the Press Secretary. My son, Raffi, and I were talking when he held up a hand and said: “That sounds like Tony Snow.” I told it was Tony. He said “Our Tony Snow is the Press Secretary.” I said that was right but in my mind I was wondering how many people felt that they were not listening to the press secretary but to “our” Tony Snow.[/quote]

[url="http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/07/12/a-man-who-loved-people-the-gritty-nature-of-life-and-all-of-the-human-comedy/"]http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/07/...e-human-comedy/[/url]

R.I.P. -_-

[quote name='oldschooler' post='678551' date='Jul 12 2008, 08:38 PM'][url="http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/07/12/a-man-who-loved-people-the-gritty-nature-of-life-and-all-of-the-human-comedy/"]http://foxforum.blogs.foxnews.com/2008/07/...e-human-comedy/[/url]

R.I.P. -_-[/quote]

Nice post, old.

fuck you bj... for real, I have never met/talked to a more hateful, spiteful asshole than you...

Anyone that says similar stuff about someone like Ted Kennedy or anyone on the left, I will think they are just as worthless...

Rest in Peace Tony Snow... i really enjoyed your talk show for the short period of time I got to listen, and noone could do it as well as you...

again, fuck you bj...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='679009' date='Jul 14 2008, 05:05 PM'][b]fuck you bj[/b]... for real, I have never met/talked to a more [b]hateful, spiteful[/b] [b]asshole[/b] than you...

again, [b]fuck you bj[/b][/quote]

[color="#2F4F4F"][b]... Gotta love the poetic irony in this :lol: [/b][/color]

[b]Too bad Bengalrick couldn't find it in himself to feel any emotion over the 500,000-1,000,000 Iraqis killed by the Evil piece of shit that Tony "carried water" and lied for.

Truly hilarious ....

no wonder this country is fucked [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='679020' date='Jul 14 2008, 04:23 PM'][b]Too bad Bengalrick couldn't find it in himself to feel any emotion over the 500,000-1,000,000 Iraqis killed by the Evil piece of shit that Tony "carried water" and lied for.

Truly hilarious ....

no wonder this country is fucked [/b][/quote]

Who the fuck are you to tell me how I feel about things? You don't know me... People around here talk about how you are a stand up person outside of this board... I truly wish I could see that side of you, b/c ON this board you are white trash...

Just read through the thread... there are many people that have already given up on you and this side of the forum... And it really is shitty, b/c this was the best part of this forum for a long time...

I can't imagine someone being so unbelieveable calious about someones death, but I guess you are just that type of person... You can try to put it back on me all you want, but anyone with any sense can see right through you...

I'm through with you... I know you could probably care less, but there it is...

[quote name='bengalrick' post='679067' date='Jul 14 2008, 08:57 PM']Who the fuck are you to tell me how I feel about things? You don't know me... People around here talk about how you are a stand up person outside of this board... I truly wish I could see that side of you, b/c ON this board you are white trash...

Just read through the thread... there are many people that have already given up on you and this side of the forum... And it really is shitty, b/c this was the best part of this forum for a long time...

I can't imagine someone being so unbelieveable calious about someones death, but I guess you are just that type of person... You can try to put it back on me all you want, but anyone with any sense can see right through you...

I'm through with you... I know you could probably care less, but there it is...[/quote]

I think the most appalling thing about BJ is he lurks these forums acting like he has some sort of superior knowledge over most then acts [b]EXACTLY[/b] like the murders etc....etc...etc.... he criticizes.

Archived