ABC edited out parts of the Sarah Palin interview that made her seem more knowledgeable

CTBengalsFan

[url="http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/2008/09/13/abc-news-edited-out-key-parts-sarah-palin-interview"]http://newsbusters.org/blogs/p-j-gladnick/...palin-interview[/url]

Man, fuck our media. <_< <_< <_<

Obviously I'm not a fan at all of McCain/Palin, but this is beyond unacceptable. :thumbsdown:

I'd honestly blame a significant portion of our fucked up political system to the media giants that "report" it.

[b]1. Before I believe this, I will need to see it somewhere other than the right-wing hacks at "Newbusters" and the laughable Mark Levin Show.

2. There are no links to show where Mark Levin got the transcript ... why don't major news sources have it ? I need more concrete proof from Levin and the "Obama is Muslim" crowd - who's credibility is non-existent.

3. Also why hasn't Sarah Palin complained publicly about this "editing" ? Was the original video played anywhere ?

4. The underlined words have an entirely different tone and vernacular from the way she talks. It seems as if someone went through and wrote "what she should" have said.

5. [size=4][u]IF THIS IS TRUE[/u][/size] ---- then yes it is very shitty and dishonest on ABC's part. At the least they should have made it clear the interview was edited (I am sure all interviews are) and at the most they should have played the whole thing. Now I'm not aware if this is par for the course (Did O'Reilly chop up Obama's interview as well) --- but it does seem shady if true. [/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='700372' date='Sep 13 2008, 04:30 PM'][b]1. Before I believe this, I will need to see it somewhere other than the right-wing hacks at "Newbusters" and the laughable Mark Levin Show.

2. There are no links to show where Mark Levin got the transcript ... why don't major news sources have it ? I need more concrete proof from Levin and the "Obama is Muslim" crowd - who's credibility is non-existent.

3. Also why hasn't Sarah Palin complained publicly about this "editing" ? Was the original video played anywhere ?

4. The underlined words have an entirely different tone and vernacular from the way she talks. It seems as if someone went through and wrote "what she should" have said.

5. [size=4][u]IF THIS IS TRUE[/u][/size] ---- then yes it is very shitty and dishonest on ABC's part. At the least they should have made it clear the interview was edited (I am sure all interviews are) and at the most they should have played the whole thing. Now I'm not aware if this is par for the course (Did O'Reilly chop up Obama's interview as well) --- but it does seem shady if true. [/b][/quote]

Is ABC News a good enough source?

[url="http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5795641&page=1"]http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/st...5641&page=1[/url]

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='700440' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:03 PM']Just shows the left media wanting to manipulate the election. They have done nothing but try to dig up dirt since she named. ;)[/quote]

Yeah poor Sara Palin, I mean the next thing you know people are gonna start calling her a Muslim and saying she has terrorist friends.

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='700440' date='Sep 13 2008, 11:03 PM']Just shows the left media wanting to manipulate the election. They have done nothing but try to dig up dirt since she named. ;)[/quote]

[b]Obama has gone through 18 months of dirt and lies. She is brand new from the middle of Butt Fuck North Pole and thus people are digging up who she is --- most of it happens to be bad.

I'm not sure why ABC edited this. They should have let the original stay ... because now this will be fodder for the ditto-heads to assume she actually gave a good interview --- which even with the full transcript she didn't.

I can only assume that Palin hasn't complained personally ... because this kind of editing is normal for all interviews on both sides. [/b]

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='700464' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:37 PM']I expected more from you Jamie. <_<[/quote]

i know backer and i should be better, but when i see some outragous lies that keep getting said after they have been discredited, yet said person keep saying them, i get a little irritated. Sorry.

[quote name='BengalBacker' post='700468' date='Sep 13 2008, 11:40 PM']So Faux News isn't the only faux news? :hmm:[/quote]

[b]No they have no reason to edit ... because they would have asked her:

[color="#483D8B"][center][i]"Just how do you stay so amazing?"

"Are you scared of the fact that McCain is all that stands between Liberty and Nuclear annhiliation?"

"What would you say to those who obviously don't realize that you are the most qualified candidate in this race?"

"Is it hard being the world's greatest mom and a brilliant governor?"

"Do you think all of Al Qaeda wants Obama, or just most?"

etc etc etc[/i][/b][/center][/color]

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='700471' date='Sep 13 2008, 11:46 PM'][b]No they have no reason to edit ... because they would have asked her:

[color="#483d8b"][center][i]"Just how do you stay so amazing?"

"Are you scared of the fact that McCain is all that stands between Liberty and Nuclear annhiliation?"

"What would you say to those who obviously don't realize that you are the most qualified candidate in this race?"

"Is it hard being the world's greatest mom and a brilliant governor?"

"Do you think all of Al Qaeda wants Obama, or just most?"

etc etc etc[/i][/b][/center][/color][/quote]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You're probably right. Hannity interviews her Tuesday, and that's probably pretty much how it will go.

[quote name='BlackJesus' post='700372' date='Sep 13 2008, 03:30 PM'][b]1. Before I believe this, I will need to see it somewhere other than the right-wing hacks at "Newbusters" and the laughable Mark Levin Show.

5. [size=4][u]IF THIS IS TRUE[/u][/size] ---- then yes it is very shitty and dishonest on ABC's part. At the least they should have made it clear the interview was edited (I am sure all interviews are) and at the most they should have played the whole thing. Now I'm not aware if this is par for the course (Did O'Reilly chop up Obama's interview as well) --- but it does seem shady if true. [/b][/quote]

1 and 2. already done in this thread

3. Not sure about this one... As far as the original being played, yes it was played on nightline and I think ABC news, but the original airing (the one that was pimped the most) was this interview where they left out key parts of what she said.

4. Either that, or ABC news wanted her to sound less experienced and smart on these issues, than she is...

5. O'Reilley is playing the interview in its entirety tonight... When I watched Palin's interview, it was obvious that there was alot of editing... My wife even made the comment "I wonder what they edited out of there" at one point in the interview... I don't remember seeing anywhere it said that this was edited for time constraints or what have you, but they might have mentioned it...

They aired the entire interview, when they had the time to air the entire interview...which was that Friday, and she didn't come off any better. They even said after the clips, but before the commercial break, "make sure to watch our ENTIRE interview with Governer Palin on ABC blah, blah, blah."

Pay attention.

They showed clips of the interview on ABC Evening news, the highlights. However, it wasn't the Sarah Palin evening news unfortunately, so they had to report on other pesky things like Hurrican Ike.

They do this with every newsworthy interview...this isn't somthing new unless you have an agenda to act like its something nobody's ever done before.

[quote name='sm00th_kw' post='702713' date='Sep 19 2008, 01:46 PM']They aired the entire interview, when they had the time to air the entire interview...which was that Friday, and she didn't come off any better. They even said after the clips, but before the commercial break, "make sure to watch our ENTIRE interview with Governer Palin on ABC blah, blah, blah."

Pay attention.

They showed clips of the interview on ABC Evening news, the highlights. However, it wasn't the Sarah Palin evening news unfortunately, so they had to report on other pesky things like Hurrican Ike.

They do this with every newsworthy interview...this isn't somthing new unless you have an agenda to act like its something nobody's ever done before.[/quote]

The problem is the way they edited it... At sometime they edited midsentence... Others they left out key parts to her answers, and in others they made it sound like she was ramping up for a war with Russia...

[quote name='STRAYCAT' post='700440' date='Sep 13 2008, 10:03 PM']Just shows the left media wanting to manipulate the election. [b]They have done nothing but try to dig up dirt since she named.[/b] ;)[/quote]

Of course that's what they do! It's also what they do to each of the other three main players in this and every election! Also, let's be clear that certain things, such as currently being under investigation for ethics violations in your current job, don't qualify as "dirt."

Archived