The New 24 Thread

Jason

The jenny scott thing is dumb...but in almost every season, even the really good ones there are some stupid plots.

season 1 Teri getting amnesia
season 2 Kim and the cougar

Theres some other ones.

Hopefully that plot doesnt get too much action because the rest of the plots are solid. I like the renee thing, I like freddy so far, the presidents have an interesting little plot going.

Hopefully the uranium leads to a good plot besides just they are trying to detonate it in NY or something. But time will only tell how the season plays out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='BENGALS666' date='11 March 2010 - 10:25 PM' timestamp='1268364314' post='869887']
If they make a movie can they still call it 24?
[/quote]

And I thought Return of the King was a long movie.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='11 March 2010 - 08:44 PM' timestamp='1268358284' post='869833']
Rumor has it this is going to be the last season, and then a movie is planed.
[/quote]

Well Keifer said last year this would be his season, and it stood to reason that they wouldn't go on without him (though there were rumors that Renee would become the lead).

I read yesterday that they are already working on a script for the movie. IMO I think its a copout if a show gives it to you free for 8 seasons and then makes you pay for the finale. Someone had suggested doing that for Lost and thankfully they aren't.

If you do a movie, do it like X-Files, 10 years later and stand-alone from the series.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='22 March 2010 - 11:02 PM' timestamp='1269316934' post='872380']
interesting way to take out ctu
[/quote]

I posted this on another board, but I had that Dana twist pegged after the first 4 hours aired.

Seriously, FOX should end this show, and rumor has it NBC may pick it up. Get some new writers.

Nice to see Chloe back to old self. It was a matter of time, she was getting pushed around a lot this season.

[quote name='Go Skins' date='23 March 2010 - 08:41 PM' timestamp='1269391310' post='872605']
I posted this on another board, but I had that Dana twist pegged after the first 4 hours aired.

Seriously, FOX should end this show, and rumor has it NBC may pick it up. Get some new writers.

Nice to see Chloe back to old self. It was a matter of time, she was getting pushed around a lot this season.
[/quote]

They do need to end it and get some new writers but I think they go movie with it, its pretty rare that a show can switch networks and be good.

[quote name='Jamie_B' date='23 March 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1269394505' post='872617']
They do need to end it and get some new writers but I think they go movie with it, its pretty rare that a show can switch networks and be good.
[/quote]

And this will be the last season on FOX:
http://hollywoodinsider.ew.com/2010/03/26/24-to-end-this-season-film-version-in-the-works/?hpt=T2

Fox confirmed today that after eight seasons, 24 will air its series finale on May 24. Star Kiefer Sutherland told EW.com that producing a ninth season for another network like NBC was not an option because he and executive producer Howard Gordon were ready to call it quits.

“The writers are producing the equivalent of 12 films a year, which is unheard of, and Howard felt to do a ninth would be potentially damaging,” said Sutherland. “We both felt strongly that there has been a demand and an interest in a 24 film, which would be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day, so we felt it was time to move in that direction.”

Sutherland promised the series finale would tee up the 24 movie that’s in the works at 20th Century Fox. Billy Ray (State of Play) is writing the screenplay. “We wanted to create a definitive end for Jack Bauer,” explains Sutherland. “Since we do have the intention to make the feature film, it would lead into that and certainly set that up.

“Something we’ve dealt with in the series is how the crisis always has to come to us because we don’t have time to move anywhere in a real time world,” he continued. “In a two-hour (movie) representation of the 24 world, planes, trains, and automobiles all of a sudden become a factor because you are not required to go scene by scene in real time. That’s something I can say I am very excited about.”

As for the actual series finale, Gordon told EW.com that he and Sutherland considered everything from a happy to a tragic ending for Jack Bauer and ended up with episodes that take some risks: “We go to a very definitive, very complex place.”

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='Jamie_B' date='20 April 2010 - 02:26 PM' timestamp='1271787990' post='879355']
Man Logan is such a good character.

The Logan/Eathan/President Taylor scene was awesome.

So was the Taylor/Bauer scene.
[/quote]

I think near the end of this season we are very likely to see a Logan/Bauer confrontation...Jack is still pissed at Logan for the shit he pulled in season 5 plus Logan is pissed that Jack brought him down.

The scenes with those 2 in season 5 were amazing...my favorite being when they are on the helicopter and Logan finds out it is Jack and he keeps yelling at him and telling Jack to say something but Jack wont say a word just grins.

The scene where he was trying to get Logan to confess later in that episode was pretty good too.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' date='20 April 2010 - 02:06 PM' timestamp='1271790369' post='879371']
I think near the end of this season we are very likely to see a Logan/Bauer confrontation...Jack is still pissed at Logan for the shit he pulled in season 5 plus Logan is pissed that Jack brought him down.

The scenes with those 2 in season 5 were amazing...my favorite being when they are on the helicopter and Logan finds out it is Jack and he keeps yelling at him and telling Jack to say something but Jack wont say a word just grins.

The scene where he was trying to get Logan to confess later in that episode was pretty good too.
[/quote]

They are just rehashing old story lines now, good thing this is the last season, the writing continues to get worse.

I did laugh when Cole told Chloe, let Jack play, when he was questioning Dana.

• 1 month later...

Archived