The New 24 Thread

Jason

Did anyone else watch last night? It will be interesting to see how well the show carries over with the new plot basis. Will the lack of CTU be the end of the show or the fresh beginning?

I was a little disappointed that Marisol Nichols was not retained.

Just watched the first two. Thanks Sky for being a day behind.

Initial thoughts :
Woman President is clearly not cut out for the job. You can't hold the sword of righteousness when you're dealing in Government. Nor can you expect everything to be all handshakes and smiles. Get your hands dirty.

First Man (I guess that's his name). I can't work out if they are just copying the "mad presidents other half" thread we had with Martha or not. Or maybe they know we'll think of that and so have one who's mad and wrong, rather than mad and right. Although his daughter-in-law did seem to have something to hide. Hmmm.

Hating the whole "mole" thing. Been done to death in every fucking season. Yawn.

Don't trust the male version of Chloe. Although I didn't trust Chloe to start with.

Don't like the new boss of FBI. For pretty much the same reasons as the problem with the President.

Finally, why on earth would anyone apply for a job with the FBI if you're that woman. "Yeah hi I'd like a job at the FBI. I'm incredibly nervous, scared about absolutely anything and seem to have a huge personality disorder. I think I'd be ideal for a high-pressure job dealing with the nasty side of society". Sigh.

I hope I'm wrong, but it does seem you can see the good/bad guys a freaking mile away in the later seasons.

the only thing I didn't like that I wish they would have had a scene for, is that in between Redemption and lastnight the presidents son died and they didn't really show it. It wasn't until the dad went to talk to the fiancee (who we saw in redemption) that I could tell that they weren't talking about a different son.

I know that Jon Voight's character talks about "taking care of" the son in Redemption, but it would have been nice for them to be a little more clear on that since they are all new characters.

I like the concept of Jack and Tony working together again (with the help of Bill and Chloe)...they made a big mistake by killing tony, and even though its kinda ridiculous how they brought him back, I think it is worth it. The scenes with jack and tony have been great so far.

President and her husband im a little iffy about it will be interesting to see what happens...

When is Jon voight coming back? Cause it seems like he is key to all this.

I like that there are a slew of new characters, because it makes it more like season 1, where they had to develop all the characters, it makes it kind of fun to see how everyone develops.

Jack and Renee are definitely gonna hook up at some point this season in my opinion.

[quote name='Bengals1181' post='739443' date='Jan 12 2009, 07:43 PM']the only thing I didn't like that I wish they would have had a scene for, is that in between Redemption and lastnight the presidents son died and they didn't really show it. It wasn't until the dad went to talk to the fiancee (who we saw in redemption) that I could tell that they weren't talking about a different son.

I know that Jon Voight's character talks about "taking care of" the son in Redemption, but it would have been nice for them to be a little more clear on that since they are all new characters.[/quote]

They will get into it. I like the mystery that it adds.

I really liked last nights episode and think this is going to be good.

[quote name='CJandRudiJ' post='739656' date='Jan 13 2009, 11:34 PM']Jack and Renee are definitely gonna hook up at some point this season in my opinion.[/quote]

I hope not, otherwise she'll be dead and the whole story with Audrey will be for naught.

I like how Keller told Jack everyone he is near gets killed, and in the first episode he was in the room with two guys for about 30 seconds and they were dead.

I need to get Bauer some Stealers season tickets...

[quote name='VonBlade' post='739779' date='Jan 14 2009, 06:42 AM']I hope not, otherwise she'll be dead and the whole story with Audrey will be for naught.

I like how Keller told Jack everyone he is near gets killed, and in the first episode he was in the room with two guys for about 30 seconds and they were dead.

I need to get Bauer some Stealers [s]season tickets[/s][b]locker room passes[/b]...[/quote]

FIFY

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
So now that the CPT has been destroyed, the first gentelman has been abducted, but the US is safe since the guy who made the last CPT device was killed.

Not sure if they are going to be able to keep up this plotline the whole season, there has to be something bigger at hand.

Haven't y'all watched this show at all? There is always a bigger threat than what is led on in the 1st 2 hours.

Who do y'all think is the mole inside the FBI? My gut says it is the guy that got his wife's plane to land before it should have. His acting is poor enough for this show to make it obivious which is one of the shows biggest flaws.

[quote name='Go Skins' post='744873' date='Feb 6 2009, 08:45 AM']Haven't y'all watched this show at all? There is always a bigger threat than what is led on in the 1st 2 hours.

Who do y'all think is the mole inside the FBI? My gut says it is the guy that got his wife's plane to land before it should have. [b] His acting is poor enough for this show to make it obivious which is one of the shows biggest flaws.[/b][/quote]

actually, I think they are wanting you to think that its him so you're surprised when the reveal its someone else. They tend to do that. He's basically playing the "tony" role from season 1. Pain in the ass smart ass who has trouble listening to orders and keeping his mouth shut.

Based on who we've met so far, I think its the blonde we were briefly introduced to 2 weeks ago and that your guy went off on.

Archived